Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 06:42 AM

26,151 posts, read 22,334,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
link ?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.730cc79005bc

Keep them coming.

Law abiding criminal does not compute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 06:45 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,029,476 times
It is about time ICE began actually doing their job!

Old 02-11-2017, 06:47 AM

20,846 posts, read 17,188,060 times
Would you invite a felon into your home?

It's our house now. Thanks Donald.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:23 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,567,508 times
Its a shame the Obama admin wasn't as aggressive because they were worried about being politically correct . Good thing about Trump is he isn't worried about that and will do what is right . What is right is to remove these illegal criminals .

How many innocents suffered because these scumbags had a free ride .
I saw just a few of the crimes an Australian child molester , an el Salvadoran MS13 gang member , and a Brazilian cocaine dealer . These were people in my city .

if the media just reported the lists of all the crimes . More and more people would be disgusted with the politicians trying to protect these people .

Old 02-11-2017, 12:08 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,865,072 times
At least the Obama administration deported a lot of the ones who committed crimes after coming here. Now they have deported some just for being illegal--that's different and good.

Make sure you do not confuse a LEGAL permanent resident with an ILLEGAL because there is a world of difference. The LEGAL permanent residents are like many of our grandparents and gt grandparents. They applied, had background checks, waited in line, had sponsors.
LEGAL=GREEN CARD=GOOD. Illegal=sneaked in=bad.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,000,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
At least the Obama administration deported a lot of the ones who committed crimes after coming here.
Yes, over 2.5 million.
Quote:
Now they have deported some just for being illegal--that's different and good.
Well, with some exceptions, I'm not sure how many more people are being deported who wouldn't have been targeted. The story about one woman in AZ made headline news, but that was a lot of fake outrage by both sides, as I've already posted. (lots of threads on this subject) I also posted a link quoting immigration officials that claim these raids were already planned. They're just getting more attention than usual. Again, the focus is coming from both sides because they each have an agenda.
Quote:
Make sure you do not confuse a LEGAL permanent resident with an ILLEGAL because there is a world of difference. The LEGAL permanent residents are like many of our grandparents and gt grandparents. They applied, had background checks, waited in line, had sponsors.
LEGAL=GREEN CARD=GOOD. Illegal=sneaked in=bad.
Exactly! Not all illegals sneaked in, however. Although it is still against the law, many people came here legally and stayed, probably a very large portion of the undocumented immigrants that are now in this country. The number grew for decades. I've heard presidents and other politicians talking about illegal immigration for decades, but the right loves to blame Obama, even though the numbers have declined in the past 8 years.

Some people think I support illegal immigration by my posts, and I don't. I just think a wall is a bad idea and I believe we need to take in some refugees after a very long vetting process. But when it comes to moving to any country, you've got to follow the rules. I know when I thought about retiring overseas that every country had very strict rules and required proof of income and many did not allow foreigners (i.e., retirees from the U.S.) to work.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:14 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,267,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The raids are not something new, and have been long in the planning, according to ICE. Hysterical Leftists are trying to tie these raids to the new administration, but they are wrong.

Report on Fox News this morning:
ICE: Southern California raids were planned for a while, not tied to Trump | Fox News
They might not be something new; but it would be catch and release under Obama. The only way he would have incarcerated them is if they burned down a mosque. Then they would probably call in Loretta to blame it on the police!

Old 02-11-2017, 03:36 PM

63,343 posts, read 29,416,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, over 2.5 million. Well, with some exceptions, I'm not sure how many more people are being deported who wouldn't have been targeted. The story about one woman in AZ made headline news, but that was a lot of fake outrage by both sides, as I've already posted. (lots of threads on this subject) I also posted a link quoting immigration officials that claim these raids were already planned. They're just getting more attention than usual. Again, the focus is coming from both sides because they each have an agenda.
Exactly! Not all illegals sneaked in, however. Although it is still against the law, many people came here legally and stayed, probably a very large portion of the undocumented immigrants that are now in this country. The number grew for decades. I've heard presidents and other politicians talking about illegal immigration for decades, but the right loves to blame Obama, even though the numbers have declined in the past 8 years.

Some people think I support illegal immigration by my posts, and I don't. I just think a wall is a bad idea and I believe we need to take in some refugees after a very long vetting process. But when it comes to moving to any country, you've got to follow the rules. I know when I thought about retiring overseas that every country had very strict rules and required proof of income and many did not allow foreigners (i.e., retirees from the U.S.) to work.
I've never been one to just blame Obama. This problem has festered for decades now. However, any president who has promised amnesty instead of enforcing our immigration laws just made the problem worse by encouraging more to come here.

Only 40% of illegals are visa over stayers so the largest portion of them never came legally in the first place. Both problems need to be addressed.

As for the wall better to deter them at the border than them getting in here where they are much harder to root out and the associated costs of removing them.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 02-11-2017, 07:52 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,173,360 times
This is all a waste of resources. If companies would implement e-verify it would solve a lot. But we know they like cheap labor so all of this is disingenuous. Trump has both houses, so he could easily pass it.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 PM

30 posts, read 32,844 times
This is going to accomplish NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration