Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:38 AM

1,184 posts, read 724,135 times

Advertisements

Go get em!!

Protest Erupts in Downtown L.A. Following Reports of Immigration Raids at Homes Across Southern California | KTLA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 07:06 AM

63,322 posts, read 29,398,259 times

Actually, from the article it says these were just routine raids and had nothing to with Trump's illegal immigration stances. Targeted were gang members, sex offenders, etc. not your regular run of the mill illegal aliens.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:54 AM

26,122 posts, read 22,317,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, from the article it says these were just routine raids and had nothing to with Trump's illegal immigration stances. Targeted were gang members, sex offenders, etc. not your regular run of the mill illegal aliens.
But, and maybe I am just being too optimistic, it seems that when they go in after other than the regular run of the mill illegals, those types get caught in the mix and detained, hopefully deported.

Seems like the way to get the foot in the door is to go in after a "targeted" illegal alien and there you are among a nest of illegals that can't produce their "documents". I follow the saying "birds of a feather flock together".

I wish they would start the workplace raids again and clean up our town, our state, our country.......

Old 02-10-2017, 07:56 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,027,281 times
Quote:
Yup. It looks like a routine drill. There is a chart where it shows Obama also deported lot of people. He actually deported lot more people than Bush and did better job of controlling illegal immigrants entering. Where are all these people during that time? It all looks like a politically motivated at this point of the time rather than genuine concern for immigrants.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:19 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,561,753 times
Quote:
And the politicians here are crying about it !
Oh how terrible they are catching criminals !

These politicians are literally being vocal about how this is a BAD thing !

Old 02-10-2017, 09:22 AM

How do these morons get these high paid and powerful positions ??

Tony Cardenas was actually the city council member for my area years ago and he did nothing for the area . Really run down area and it's funny too because it was an immigrant area shows how much he actually cares.
Overpaid do nothings !

---
California Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) said in a statement that he’s asked “federal officials to disclose how many children, men, and women they have detained; what the processing time will be; what the rationale is for their detention; and I asked that everyone be offered access to an attorney.”

Rep. Tony Cárdenas (D-Los Angeles) also said he was demanding answers from immigration officials.

At the federal detention center off Aliso Street downtown on Thursday night, dozens of people walked in a circle, holding signs that read: “Stop separating families” and “ICE out of L.A.”

Old 02-10-2017, 10:13 AM

63,322 posts, read 29,398,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
But, and maybe I am just being too optimistic, it seems that when they go in after other than the regular run of the mill illegals, those types get caught in the mix and detained, hopefully deported.

Seems like the way to get the foot in the door is to go in after a "targeted" illegal alien and there you are among a nest of illegals that can't produce their "documents". I follow the saying "birds of a feather flock together".

I wish they would start the workplace raids again and clean up our town, our state, our country.......

Yes, it's a good way to catch the other ones. Hopefully this will happen and the work place raids reinstated under Trump also.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Yes, it's a good way to catch the other ones. Hopefully this will happen and the work place raids reinstated under Trump also.
I hope Trump really exposes all the crime and corruption in L.A that's been hidden from the public .

Mayor of L.A and city council are very corrupt.

I'm sure widespread employment of illegals is rampant. Many of the car washes and restaurants use illegal labor .

Old 02-10-2017, 10:30 AM

1,743 posts, read 997,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Yup. It looks like a routine drill. There is a chart where it shows Obama also deported lot of people. He actually deported lot more people than Bush and did better job of controlling illegal immigrants entering. Where are all these people during that time? It all looks like a politically motivated at this point of the time rather than genuine concern for immigrants.
Quote:
President Obama said statistics that show his administration is on track to deport more illegal immigrants than the Bush administration are misleading.

“The statistics are a little deceptive,” he said Wednesday in an online discussion aimed at Hispanic voters.

Obama explained that enhanced border security has led to Border Patrol agents arresting more people as they cross into the country illegally. Those people are quickly sent back to their countries, but are counted as deported illegal immigrants.
And of course, no mention of the fact that 'deporting' the same Illegal over and over again .. also adds to the phony deportation numbers!

Old 02-11-2017, 11:55 PM

1,059 posts, read 834,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
-
California Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles) said in a statement that he’s asked “federal officials to disclose how many children, men, and women they have detained; what the processing time will be; what the rationale is for their detention; and I asked that everyone be offered access to an attorney.”

Rep. Tony Cárdenas (D-Los Angeles) also said he was demanding answers from immigration officials.

At the federal detention center off Aliso Street downtown on Thursday night, dozens of people walked in a circle, holding signs that read: “Stop separating families” and “ICE out of L.A.”
All Kevin de Leon needs to do is read the MSM and statements by ICE - 160 targeted, 95% male, 150 had felony convictions (cocaine sales, domestic violence, child molestation, robbery), 5 were repeat border jumpers. No children, less than five women. What is wrong with these elected officials?

What in the world would an illegal alien's lawyer be able to argue in the illegal's defense? I know, separating families, no felonies, job holder, yada yada. I could not easily afford a costly lawyer myself, yet they get free representation, compliments of our tax dollars at work.

"ICE out of LA" will happen when the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens are gone. Jeez, they have been allowed to flaunt the law for years. I wish they would return to the shadows or go home. Like Mexico, we have immigration laws in place (though hard to believe). Mexico has a wall on its southern border with Guatemala, yet they paint law-abiding US citizens as inhumane. Are Mexican prisons still akin to hell?

Of course, with California welcoming illegal aliens with open arms, who can blame 'em?

Last edited by Annie1004; 02-12-2017 at 12:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration