Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 07:30 AM

89,095 posts, read 44,917,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
This is sickening & gives me an upset feeling in my stomach because of what Trump is doing. The children did nothing wrong. Imagine if this was one of your parents being deported.
Imagine if their parents had actually abided by the law. If they had, their children wouldn't be victims when their illegal alien parents are deported, as they should be and as the law requires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 08:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
This is sickening & gives me an upset feeling in my stomach because of what Trump is doing. The children did nothing wrong. Imagine if this was one of your parents being deported.

My father is a legal immigrant. Been here for decades, but never became a citizen. A couple years ago it was determined that some of his paperwork was out of sorts. A problem with his name (latin countries have records with both parent's names on them).

If he didn't get his crap in order, he would have been deported.

That's the law. We understood the law. He understood the law. He got it fixed. Done.

So, we had a glimpse of imagining what it would be like if good ole' dad got deported.

You are LITERALLY complaining that the LAW is being enforced. A LAW that is and was no secret, and which serves a legitimate purpose. How on earth do you walk around being so affected by that?

Old 03-23-2017, 08:03 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,746,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The agents ran a background check on the information and found that Ortiz was also an undocumented immigrant. They saw a 9-year-old DUI conviction on his record and a 16-year-old deportation order by a federal judge shortly after Ortiz illegally crossed the southwest border into the U.S. The agents handcuffed and arrested Ortiz, who is now in federal custody in Louisiana and set to be deported by Friday.

These are the faces of deportations under President Trump

Good!
It is as I've said repeatedly. Personally, I would have gone in the direction of a significant penalty and pathway to legal status and massively simplifying our naturalization process. Even though Trump is going the opposite direction of that, at least he's doing something. Somebody needed to stop just ignoring the problem and actually address it. We need to get to a point where you're either here legally or you're not here at all. Here's the problem with the status quo of just ignoring the problem hoping it goes away:
  • Free riders who don't pay into the system but are actively taking out.
  • A rather large number of second-class citizens with no right to minimum wage, workplace safety nor any other basic protection legal residents all have.
  • Rampant identity theft due to high demand.
  • High risk of non-citizens voting in our elections.
  • A ready-made network of people to help traffic drugs and existing drug smugglers already in the mix.
  • An easy avenue for terrorists to enter our country.

And the list goes on.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:23 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,383,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I broke the law and Im going to prison. Dam that Trump for breaking up my family
Family members had child support/alimony obligations. If they didn't pay, they got hauled off to jail.

The courts didn't conduct an inventory of how many children would be hurt.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:26 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,008,307 times
Remember I told you guys that the Argentinian girl that got detained would be released? Well, I was right. Trump immigration policies will be a HUGE failure. He will get so much pushback that he won't come anywhere close to Obama's numbers. Eventually he will come to his senses, do the right thing and press his Republican buddies for immigration reform.

Soon, many of you guys here who lack compassion for hard-working illegal immigrants will come around to this view as well. I look forward to that day when the tone will drastically change on this forum.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,921,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Remember I told you guys that the Argentinian girl that got detained would be released? Well, I was right. Trump immigration policies will be a HUGE failure. He will get so much pushback that he won't come anywhere close to Obama's numbers. Eventually he will come to his senses, do the right thing and press his Republican buddies for immigration reform.

Soon, many of you guys here who lack compassion for hard-working illegal immigrants will come around to this view as well. I look forward to that day when the tone will drastically change on this forum.
Remember that Mexican woman who got picked up here in Arizona? She was deported back to Mexico.

Too bad that Argentine illegal wasn't also kicked out.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:54 AM

1,059 posts, read 831,963 times
Quote:

Never. I do have compassion for my fellow law abiding citizens who are hard working, but it ends there.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:40 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,957,054 times
Quote:
Trump is enforcing immigration laws. We've had too many years of administrations looking the other way. I am tired of these sob stories - the guy is a grandparent, so I'm sure his adult children can cope, and visit him in his country of origin....hey, if they want, they can even go with him.

I don't hear a lot of sympathy for American citizen children whose parents have broken laws that require them to serve jail time. Those children did nothing wrong, either.

These sob stories don't elicit one tear from me......an illegal alien sneaking into this country knows the risks and gambles he/she won't get caught. When they do, they have no one but themselves to blame.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:15 PM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Quote:

They are not Trump's immigration laws. I don't see why that is so hard to get! He doesn't have to get close to any kind of numbers associated with Obama, Trump has won the election and is POTUS. Obama is no longer relevant, actually never was to the betterment of our nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Never. I do have compassion for my fellow law abiding citizens who are hard working, but it ends there.
Me too, and I'll add our own homeless citizen families and their children, our elderly that because of decreased Medicaid funding are not able to stay in their homes, and our children who are being poorly educated because of so many non-English speaking children costing the districts money as funding is decreased!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump is enforcing immigration laws. We've had too many years of administrations looking the other way. I am tired of these sob stories - the guy is a grandparent, so I'm sure his adult children can cope, and visit him in his country of origin....hey, if they want, they can even go with him.

I don't hear a lot of sympathy for American citizen children whose parents have broken laws that require them to serve jail time. Those children did nothing wrong, either.

These sob stories don't elicit one tear from me......an illegal alien sneaking into this country knows the risks and gambles he/she won't get caught. When they do, they have no one but themselves to blame.
I am tired of them too. We need to return to the stories too! We need to go back to talking the expense in dollars and lives that these illegal aliens are costing us.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:19 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,998,853 times
Quote:
It's not the government's fault. It's the parents' fault for doing this to their kids. The biggest fault of the government is letting this charade go on for decades under both Republican and Democratic administrations.

Mexico would certainly never allow massive numbers of people to live in their country illegally. Neither should we.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration