Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 11:11 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,512,175 times

Advertisements

The wacky regressives in CA today passed their "sanctuary state bill "

This is what county sheriffs are saying . Pretty scary stuff. No doubt this will make the state more dangerous and put citizens public safety at risk .

---
"If SB 54 passes, it will allow dangerous, violent career criminals to slip through the cracks and be released back into our communities," Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones told reporters.

Senate Bill 54 , introduced by Senate President pro Tem Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles), would prohibit state and local law enforcement agencies from using resources to investigate, detain, report or arrest persons for the purposes of immigration enforcement.

California sheriffs say 'sanctuary state' bill would prevent immigration officials from going after violent offenders - LA Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 07:04 AM

26,024 posts, read 22,214,018 times
I don't see what is wrong with what appears to be the majority in CA. I know there are some reasonable people who are there, yet the politicians are literally getting away with murder by proxy the way they are proceeding. I guess this explains the massive exodus from CA. With any luck, businesses will abandon the state and their government will collapse.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 1,459,942 times
Meanwhile the appeals to that bill from those killed by illegals in California were dismissed. Sad.

California really likes that slave labor. They are terrified of having to use guest worker programs as they will require they house and feed the worker and treat them like humans. Those farmers are like, nope.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't see what is wrong with what appears to be the majority in CA. I know there are some reasonable people who are there, yet the politicians are literally getting away with murder by proxy the way they are proceeding. I guess this explains the massive exodus from CA. With any luck, businesses will abandon the state and their government will collapse.
I could see the $15 min wage pushing more businesses out . Also what are the chances that businesses employing illegals which they are many of in CA will actually pay $15 hr ?
I would be surprised if min wage in Texas is higher than $10 by the time it's $15 in CA

Saving 50% just on labor would be a big incentive for businesses to move .
It would be nice if CA politicians stopped with these experiments .

Old 04-04-2017, 08:35 AM

It's a shame so many in CA aren't paying attention .
Where are the protests now ?

Old 04-04-2017, 08:56 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,821,444 times
Okay I'll admit that I think Trump is right about getting illegals out of the country. It's not fair to those who follow the rule of law and go about being citizens the right way. Like it or not Trump is our president. Right is right and the law is the law. It is his right as president to choose to enforce the law. Sanctuary cities should do the same. I did not vote for Trump and for the most part I think he's doing a terrible job. Nothing is all good and nothing is all bad, and I personally think that he's right about not allowing people who break the law to stay. I do think that these matters could be handled better with a lot more class then he has exhibited. Finesse is not one of his strong points.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Okay I'll admit that I think Trump is right about getting illegals out of the country. It's not fair to those who follow the rule of law and go about being citizens the right way. Like it or not Trump is our president. Right is right and the law is the law. It is his right as president to choose to enforce the law. Sanctuary cities should do the same. I did not vote for Trump and for the most part I think he's doing a terrible job. Nothing is all good and nothing is all bad, and I personally think that he's right about not allowing people who break the law to stay. I do think that these matters could be handled better with a lot more class then he has exhibited. Finesse is not one of his strong points.
Could you give some examples of how he could handle the issue with more class ?
I think if he just took a super politically correct tone like most politicians then people wouldn't view him as serious about wanting to really change things .

Old 04-04-2017, 09:36 AM

24,590 posts, read 17,327,951 times
It sounds like they want to tie one hand of their Police behind their backs preventing them from doing their jobs.

Well as long as they can still pat themselves on their own backs with that twisted arm this feel good notion will be well worth the risk the public will face....

IDIOTS.

Why are they doing so much to protect the illegal aliens while turning their backs on the safety of the legal citizens?

Old 04-04-2017, 10:11 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,294,342 times
Protecting their voter base made up of illegals, their legal families and those that exploit them.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Protecting their voter base made up of illegals, their legal families and those that exploit them.
Also the guy spearheading this .. Kevin De Leon has admitted that half his family is illegal and uses fake documents aka commits identity theft .
So he seems to have some intrinsic reasons

Mayor of L.A was recently given an award by La Raza and admitted his grandfather came without documents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration