Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times

Advertisements

An illegal immigrant's mere presence in the USA (or any other country, including Mexico) is already against the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,759,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
As I said, I rarely visit the forum and when I have, I have seen several posters banned by William Gheen for racial slurs. I asked for ARTICLES which proved that ALIPAC the organization was racist, not postings by disgruntled citizens.

ALIPAC is not racist, however, I have to admire the jump you had to make in order to draw those conclusions based on forum postings. Are those who run City-Data Forum racist? Why not? They permit postings on their forum which you have deemed racist and bigotted in the past. Along that vein then we must infer that ALIPAC, those who run City-Data or any other forum where such volatile matters are discussed with a minimum of censorship, intolerant and biased based upon your rationale.
City- Data doesn't have an agenda but ALIPAC does. If you read my initial post carefully, you will notice i said the forums are full of hate and bigotry and you responded by asking me to prove it. If the examples i provided to you were not examples of that, then i don't know what is. You will also note that ALL the authors of the posts were not banned as they would have been if they were on city data.

The alipac organization itself is on the SPLC hategroup list.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You keep citing the SPLC as if they are the nation's arbiter on what's acceptable or not. The Church of Morris Dees has a vested financial interest in designating one group or another as 'victims' in order to propagate their money-making lawsuits.

It's a chitty source and blatantly biased, your continued use of it taints every word you post.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:01 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
City- Data doesn't have an agenda but ALIPAC does. If you read my initial post carefully, you will notice i said the forums are full of hate and bigotry and you responded by asking me to prove it. If the examples i provided to you were not examples of that, then i don't know what is. You will also note that ALL the authors of the posts were not banned as they would have been if they were on city data.

I asked for proof that the organization itself was racist. I did not ask for the opinions of a bunch of malcontents kvetching about a situation in which they feel helpless and abandoned by those elected to enforce our laws.

The Southern Poverty Law Center is the source you cite as proof of ALIPAC's bigotry?

Right, now there's an organization with NO agenda whatsoever...

Old 03-19-2008, 07:44 PM

595 posts, read 2,745,735 times
Take a look at these videos from Youtube. There some of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Illegal Alliens Show Their Gratitude (broken link)

pay attention at 01:45 on
this one...

It's pretty hard to ignore this issue.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:55 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,139,694 times
Very sad to see all the illegals and their ignorance..

Old 03-19-2008, 08:00 PM

558 posts, read 387,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Illegal Immigration ALIPAC

Just a small sample FYI

A handful of cases out of millions of people. It is less than 100th of a percent.

List all the crimes that americans commit. Look when it comes to crime I am more scared of AMERICANS that any immigrant.
What about ALL THE CRIMES WE AMERICANS COMMIT OVERSEAS! I don't hear anyone taking about that!!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
A handful of cases out of millions of people. It is less than 100th of a percent.

List all the crimes that americans commit. Look when it comes to crime I am more scared of AMERICANS that any immigrant.
What about ALL THE CRIMES WE AMERICANS COMMIT OVERSEAS! I don't hear anyone taking about that!!!!
The crime itself is bad enough, but the COSTS involved are ENORMOUS. It's BILLIONS a year that I think would be better spent on our own citizens.

And BTW, since we Americans already commit MORE THAN ENOUGH crime, why is it that we should ignore the crimes of people that HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT TO BE HERE?!?!?

Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post

Very common tactic, used quite often, but based on faulty argument. Crime committed by illegal aliens has no bearing on crime committed by American citizens. It doesn't matter whether you are "more scared of Americans" or not--nor does it matter what dastardly deeds "Americans commit overseas"..the ONE has nothing to do with the other.

"American" crime is something we're stuck with. If you can figure out how to "end" it, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it.
"Illegal" crime would be very EASY to prevent--- just don't let them COME here. It's like comparing your OWN KIDS' misbehavior (which you must, by law, deal with), and your NEIGHBOR'S KID'S misbehavior (for which you can simply send him home). They are two diffeent things.

It is perfectly possible that illegals are "nice" people...even "nicer" than Americans. That is beside the point. We, as a country, are RESPONSIBLE for the crimes of our citizens. We are NOT responsible for the crimes of foreign citizens...or at least we SHOULDN'T be, and WOULDN'T be, if they weren't here.....which they WOULDN'T be, if we enforced our immigration law.

It is of no use to say "sure illegals commit crimes..but so what? WE commit crimes, TOO...so we should be USED to it"....nonsense.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:57 PM

604 posts, read 1,187,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I asked for proof that the organization itself was racist. I did not ask for the opinions of a bunch of malcontents kvetching about a situation in which they feel helpless and abandoned by those elected to enforce our laws.

The Southern Poverty Law Center is the source you cite as proof of ALIPAC's bigotry?

Right, now there's an organization with NO agenda whatsoever...
Okay Kele, maybe you haven't looked back at your original request, so I've attached it here for your convenience. It all started with the comment:

nobody has made that claim on here, btw i read through the alipac message boards regularly and it's full of hate and bigotry.

To which you replied:

Really?

Can you provide us with an example? I belong to ALIPAC and regularly read the articles posted there. I've yet to see an example of bigotry or hatred...

The example you requested can only logically refer to the "hate and bigotry" on the message boards originally mentioned, the same "bigotry and hatred" you've "yet to see" an example of [on the boards, or posts, or articles].

Twice now you have contended that you "asked for proof the organization itself was racist". Well, you didn't. Maybe you are now, but you didn't at first. And that's probably because that was never the claim. What you DID claim was that the SPLC has "no agenda whatsoever". Someone else criticized this source. Honestly, I didn't know anything about it. So I did some research....just a little.....not much. Enough to know one of the main criticisms is over money, and how much they make. Like that's different from other major law firms. So they make mad money. Since when was that a problem? Especially when these guys are winning suits against the klan and the white aryans. They've worked with the ACLU to prosecute hate crimes, their documentaries were nominated for 5 academy awards, their website was named in the top 50, and they were a finalist for a pulitzer prize.

Many other law firms and corporations get rich based on their agendas, and I doubt they're fighting for civil rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration