Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:36 AM

402 posts, read 1,061,913 times

Advertisements

Illegal Immigration ALIPAC

Just a small sample FYI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 10:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,753,950 times
nobody has made that claim on here, btw i read through the alipac message boards regularly and it's full of hate and bigotry.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,511,676 times
Illegals are people, people commit crimes, nobody has ever said they don't.

Couldn't you think of a better title?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
nobody has made that claim on here, btw i read through the alipac message boards regularly and it's full of hate and bigotry.
Really?

Can you provide us with an example? I belong to ALIPAC and regularly read the articles posted there. I've yet to see an example of bigotry or hatred...but then again--those who are illegal alien sypathizers tend to find bigotry and hatred hiding underneath every rock, cobble and leafy shrub.

While I rarely frequent ALIPAC's forum, I know that William Gheen does not tolerate racism and the few times that I have been on the forum, I have seen him terminate the occasional posters who have made inappropriate comments.

But hey, why muck up a perfectly good case of slander with anything as inconsequential as the truth?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:03 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Just a small sample FYI
Ahh, but it is easier to highlight crimes that a certain segment makes than to come up with reasonable and workable solutions. As Mach said, illegals are people and people commit crimes.

Now why dont you discuss the solutions and how to enact them instead of "illegal committed crime .....!!!". How does that solve the illegal immigration problem? It doesnt, it takes away from finding a workable solution and just gets into the "well if they were here then the crime wouldnt happen" argument which still solves nothing. But it make certain anti-illegal posters sleep better at night thinking that illegal immigrants are by nature prepared to commit more and more crimes.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:14 AM

402 posts, read 1,061,913 times
Quote:
Illegals are people, people commit crimes, nobody has ever said they don't.

Couldn't you think of a better title?
Seeing that most pro-illegals vehemently defend the illegals who do commit crimes in the US and seem to think we/citizens should just shut up and take it, I reckon I couldn't come up with a better title, if I could have I would have.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really?

Can you provide us with an example? I belong to ALIPAC and regularly read the articles posted there. I've yet to see an example of bigotry or hatred...but then again--those who are illegal alien sypathizers tend to find bigotry and hatred hiding underneath every rock, cobble and leafy shrub.

While I rarely frequent ALIPAC's forum, I know that William Gheen does not tolerate racism and the few times that I have been on the forum, I have seen him terminate the occasional posters who have made inappropriate comments.

But hey, why muck up a perfectly good case of slander with anything as inconsequential as the truth?
Would love to.

Quote:
This morning I took my daughter shopping. As she has an odd size we went to Bloomingdale's in Aventura Mall. We look in the reduced section as that is what is affordable in most cases. I saw a typical illegal in there with bags full of purchsed items. As much as people can argue profiling in South Florida you can tell as you see so many of them. That made my daughter angry as it didn't appear that this woman was carrying those bags from her wealthy employer (master) as she was walking alone. This woman was wearing a plain white t shirt that you can buy for $1.99, cheap skin tight jeans that appeared to be 2 or 3 sizes too small as she was overweight and flip flops. Now I regret not taking a picture of it with my cellphone
http://tinyurl.com/27ef4g

Quote:
This reminds me of the hundreds of illegals walking the street a week! I see these women pushing 2 carriages with 4 babies and 3 running at her knees and sometimes there are 2 or 3 women with about 15 kids total!!! They have started to invade my neighborhood from my surrounding towns that have fought to get them out and they move on like a virus to infect one area and kill it and move on to the next! I can't believe 30% of my pay per week goes into feeding and clothing and housing these criminals!!! Where is my taxation with representation??? I never agreed to this!!!!!!!
How does the poster know they are illegal? Check out another response to that statement

Quote:
I totally understand your frustration. I work downtown in Chicago and encounter the identical situation on a daily basis more times times than I care to remember. The Pakistani breeding population in this country aren't far behind, yet they come here and demand that we accept their draconian lifestyles/cultures and fork over the tax dollars pay for their over zealous breeding habits.
http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=75722

http://tinyurl.com/2gxag8

Here's a guy who was so upset about seeing brown skinned persons working at a restaurant that he wrote a letter to the manager. Basically, he saw men with brown skin, and with no additional evidence, he just assumed they were engaged in law breaking activity. Will someone please tell me whether this guy is merely anti-illegal immigrant or does he just not like Hispanic people? Otherwise please explain to me why this guy has an objection to men with brown skin working for a living?
Can you imagine being a restaurant manager and getting a letter from someone like this? What would a manager think? Would they laugh? Or would they be concerned?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Was at a Dunkin Donuts this a.m., alone with my son, when an obvious illegal alien pulls up in his humongous Suburban SUV. He was gaping at us, I guess me, ogling and staring, and I almost didn't go into the place.

And then I just thought forget it -- I'm going to go in and get a d-ganged donut and to HECK with him.

It just kills me. More and more I see these people driving far nicer cars than I ever will, usually with 3 or 4 of their anchors and elderly grandmas in the backseats.

I'm also seeing our lovely local dealerships sending out car ads and promotionals in spanish, which REALLY pisses me off.

Jerks. Big Men with their Big Cars. Oh BOY. Must make them feel ever so powerful
. http://tinyurl.com/288y3x

Another one for you kele.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63463

It's endless.

This guy in the link above seems to have a problem with Disney permitting Latinos to have birthday parties at their resorts

Be aware that none of the posters wo make comments like that ever get banned.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:18 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,565,840 times
Quote:

]

Here's a guy who was so upset about seeing brown skinned persons working at a restaurant that he wrote a letter to the manager. Basically, he saw men with brown skin, and with no additional evidence, he just assumed they were engaged in law breaking activity. Will someone please tell me whether this guy is merely anti-illegal immigrant or does he just not like Hispanic people? Otherwise please explain to me why this guy has an objection to men with brown skin working for a living?
Can you imagine being a restaurant manager and getting a letter from someone like this? What would a manager think? Would they laugh? Or would they be concerned?
Out of curiosity, I looked at the "Outback" article you're referring to. The letter IS somewhat disturbing, and DOES involve some unsubstatiated opinions on the part of the writer. It ALSO involves some 'fuzzy thinking". (for instance, the man claims to live in an area with "a very small Latino population", yet at the same time he "lives near many illegals". It's not clear whether he lives near many NON-Latino illegals, or whether the area is so massively overpopulated, that even the "many illegals" he DOES live near comprise only a small (Latino) percentage of the area's enormous total population. Not very well-stated).

HOWEVER, uncomfortable and possibly "huffy" as the letter IS, I fail to see it as particularly "hateful", nor do I see it as any worse, or less well-founded, than most OTHER statements regarding this VERY emotional subject. Ceratinly there are MANY folks writing in FAVOR of illegals who take equally wide departures from logic and inject equally large doses of their own 'opinions' into their writings.

The disturbing fact is, that the frustration of this writer reflects the reality of a rapidly-approaching future in which "multiculturalism" is elevated to such a inordinately high level of 'desirability' that it's even promoted at the expense of legality. When THIS happens, (and when people like the letter-writer begin to sense that their own lawmakers are no longer interested in carrying out their obligations to the citizens of THIS nation, but are more concerned with OTHERS), frustration is inevitable. And with frustration can come a certain willingness to simply "vent", rather than discuss.

It's disturbing to read, but I see it as no more an example of "hate", than such statements as "Why atre there so many minorities locked up in PRISON?".....or "How come most CEO's in this country are MEN?"....."How come everybody blames MEXICANS for illegal imigration?". NONE of these questions come from 'reasoned' thought---they ALL reflect frustration, a distrust in the "other guy", and a feeling that "my" group (in a multicultural world) is somehow "losing out".

Better get used to this, because in the future, we're going to hear a lot MORE of such 'venting'. The coming years promise MANY more chances to get folks' "feelings hurt", as we enter the 'new millenium. (and GOD HELP us if, on top of THAT, we have a serious economic depression.....you think you've heard inter-ethnic anger NOW?).....

Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,674 times
Quote:
. http://tinyurl.com/288y3x

Another one for you kele.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63463

It's endless.

This guy in the link above seems to have a problem with Disney permitting Latinos to have birthday parties at their resorts

Be aware that none of the posters wo make comments like that ever get banned.
As I said, I rarely visit the forum and when I have, I have seen several posters banned by William Gheen for racial slurs. I asked for ARTICLES which proved that ALIPAC the organization was racist, not postings by disgruntled citizens.

ALIPAC is not racist, however, I have to admire the jump you had to make in order to draw those conclusions based on forum postings. Are those who run City-Data Forum racist? Why not? They permit postings on their forum which you have deemed racist and bigotted in the past. Along that vein then we must infer that ALIPAC, those who run City-Data or any other forum where such volatile matters are discussed with a minimum of censorship, intolerant and biased based upon your rationale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration