Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 07:37 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,389,325 times

Advertisements

Texas Dems Stage Hunger Strike Over Sanctuary City Crackdown

Quote:
Democrats and open border advocates are staging a hunger strike in Texas against the state's proposed anti-sanctuary city bill. Its backers are asking for support using #FastAgainstSB4.

One Texas Democrat said a communion wafer on Sunday was the last meal she is going to have until after Wednesday when the Texas House debates the bill.

Representative Victoria Neave (D-Mesquite) announced her intention to conduct the four-day fast after Mass at the Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadeloupe in Dallas. She encouraged people to “wear black when you head to ATX on Wed. to #FillTheGallery.” The Texas House will debate the sanctuary city bill on Wednesday.

Those with the “Indivisible” movement in Texas tweeted, “We’ve gotten word from several people who will join @Victoria4Texas’ fast in solidarity.” The group wants those who plan to fast to tag them so they can retweet.
The Democrats just find ways to keep reaching new levels of insanity, don't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 07:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,311,645 times
Wah, let 'em starve.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:24 AM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Wah, let 'em starve.
Yes, that is one of the great things about our country "choice". It is perfectly legal to starve yourself, however, it is not legal to be in our country without authorization. People make their choices and suffer the consequences.

I always thought the hunger strikes were silly. I hope they donate what they normally would eat to a homeless shelter as that would make it not a total loss of effort.

It is a shame when one of our politicians is unable to support the laws of our country and, in reality, she should step down from her position.

Over 10,000 people are homeless in TX, I suspect that deporting those illegally present in TX would go a LONG way in solving that problem. Wonder why the Senator isn't whining about that?

Old 04-25-2017, 11:15 AM

24,515 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, that is one of the great things about our country "choice". It is perfectly legal to starve yourself, however, it is not legal to be in our country without authorization. People make their choices and suffer the consequences.

I always thought the hunger strikes were silly. I hope they donate what they normally would eat to a homeless shelter as that would make it not a total loss of effort.

It is a shame when one of our politicians is unable to support the laws of our country and, in reality, she should step down from her position.

Over 10,000 people are homeless in TX, I suspect that deporting those illegally present in TX would go a LONG way in solving that problem. Wonder why the Senator isn't whining about that?

Watch out there AnywhereElse you are asking a very pointed question that smacks of "micro aggression" that will set the Loony Libs heads spinning and send them to their safe spaces..

Why are these people so keen on illegal immigrants when they walk right by legal citizens that are down on their luck and homeless?

It boggles a sane mind.

I wonder if at the end of their hunger strike if an illegal alien will bring them a sandwich to say thanks for making such a ridiculous protest in their name??

Old 04-25-2017, 11:24 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,739 times
I don't know where these Democrat lunatics will be staging their little fasting protest but someone should setup a huge Texas BBQ about 10 yards upwind from them and start grilling steaks and burgers for the duration of the fast and donate the food to homeless vets.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:27 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,311,645 times
Quote:
In the past week, Blaine has had to endure red laser beams locked onto his eyes, and constant drumming that has interrupted his sleep.

As he continues to fast, his “home” has been pelted by eggs, raw sausage and even a hamburger dangled from a remote-controlled helicopter.
Illusionist faces tough London crowd - World news - Europe | NBC News

Reminds me of this.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:11 PM

6,253 posts, read 3,421,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Texas Dems Stage Hunger Strike Over Sanctuary City Crackdown

The Democrats just find ways to keep reaching new levels of insanity, don't they?
I hope they donate their organs to someone worthy.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:31 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Wah, let 'em starve.
Looking at a lot of them, they definitely need to shed some pounds, cute little heifers.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,377,088 times
LOL, do they really think anyone cares if they go on a hunger strike at all, much less about this? Go head and starve while supporting illegals.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:37 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,283,829 times
That's one way to thin the herd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration