Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,500 times

Advertisements

Please I need you help.
Could you guys answer these questions?
1- Could you tell me about your impression of immigrants?
2- Do you think that the president should allow illegal immigrants to stay in America? Yes or no or it doesn't matter.
3-should illegal immigrants be legalized by the American government?
Yes or no or it doesn't matter
4-What kinds of laws should illegal immigrants follow to stay?
5- Do you think that illegal immigrants have bad influence on Americans and why?
6- Which city in America has the most illegal immigrants and why?
7-should America build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico?
8- what should qualify illegal immigrants to stay and work in America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
1. Law breaking leeches, but good workers.
2. Absolutely not. I dont know how they do things in Zacatecas, but here in the states we have LAWS THAT NEED TO BE FOLLOWED.
3. NO. Not until they can shape up, learn the language and customs and re-enter the states THE CORRECT WAY.
4. None. Give em the boot. Theyve already shown they have no respect for the law by coming here illegally.
5. Yes. They break the laws, dont conform, dont try and help this place, exploit the system, take jobs, etc... too much to write.
6. LA
7. Yes.
8. Nothing. Return to Mexico and file paperwork as necessary. Do things legally. Learn the language so we dont need interpreters for everything. Request temp worker visas. IOW, just follow the laws!!!

Old 12-05-2006, 05:59 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,118,408 times
I think this post belongs under "politics".....

Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,704,014 times
Quote:
2- Do you think that the president should allow illegal immigrants to stay in America? Yes or no or it doesn't matter.
5- Do you think that illegal immigrants have bad influence on Americans and why?
1) Legal immigrants are fine IF they can speak english.
2) No, not at all.
3) No
4) THEY SHOULDN'T STAY! Deport them back to Mexico!
5) Yes because they don't speak english, raise the crime rates, and just don't have any positive attributes.
6) LA without a doubt.
7) I'm undecided, I have my doubts it'll stop them...
8) see #4

Old 12-05-2006, 06:57 AM

753 posts, read 759,327 times
Hi, unfortunately this will be nothing original..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed View Post
Please I need you help.
1. Immigrants demonstrate their desirability by their behavior. Those who are willing to come here legally demonstrate a willingness to abide by the law and participate as good citizens. Those who come here illegally prove they are crafty enough to game the system, so they probably won't be good citizens.
2. No. Borders define territory, if they are permeable, why have them?
3. No. We're a nation of laws. If you pass laws to legitimise breaking the law, why have them?
4. None. They should return home.
5. Yes. They don't pay taxes, they don't have any stake in their communities, and they don't integrate with their neighbors.
6. Predictably, LA.
7. Yes. And they should imprison employers who hire them. And Americans should quit patronising businesses that use them. Prostitution is a crime for both the buyer and seller, so should doing trade with illegal immigrants.
8. Nothing. There is no legitimacy in illegal behavior.

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 12-05-2006 at 07:12 AM..

Old 12-05-2006, 08:42 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,911 times
1) An immigrant in general is seeking a better way of life
2) No-a big sign of disregard/ignorance on the illegal immigrant's part, they are unknowingly allowing bad apples (illegals that come to exploit) come in with the the good illegal immigrants
3) No-needs to be a screened process...who wants murderers, rapists, drug dealers and the likes to have a free ride.
4) Register their idenity first and foremost.
5) Yes and no-there are good illegals and there are bad illegals...let's keep the bad out and let's register and legalize the good illegals.
6)Phoenix-lived on the west side...you'd have to see it for yourself.
7)No-just cut off government assistance and businesses who hire/shelter illegals-then the illegal would find out how expensive it is to live here and give up and go back to Mexico or register to become an American citizen.
8)Registering should/would qualify for illegals to stay and work in America.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 PM

38 posts, read 296,222 times
Angry I'm Here Legally and Those Who Aren't Should Go Home!

Quote:
Please I need you help.

1. I am a LEGAL immigrant. My impressions of legal immigrants are, quite naturally, very favorable. Legal immigrants have come to the US to improve their quality of life and secure the blessings of liberty for themselves and their posterity. They are generally hardworking and play by the rules. They want to assimilate, learn the language and become citizens. They instill the value of a good education and a good work ethic in their children,

I have a very negative impression of ILLEGAL immigrants. They’re selfish. They don’t want to wait their “turn in line” so to speak, so they barge their way in without regard for the laws of the country in which they seek employment. They don’t care if they become citizens. If they did, they’d have applied to enter legally. Many don’t even bring their families, so there’s no genuine intention of staying and becoming a member of the community. They just want a job.

The ones that get to the US by airplane are generally well educated and have at least passed the most rudimentary security screening, but most get here by car, truck or on foot. Those are the ones that are the biggest problem. They’re more likely than not to be poorly educated or uneducated and even illiterate in their native tongue. They can’t perform anything but the most menial work, even in their native land. They don’t value education and don’t instill the need of a good education in their children. They and their offspring have a high propensity toward violence, criminal behavior, drug addiction and producing children out of wedlock.

2. For the most part, I think anyone who is here illegally should go back where they came from and apply for legal admission. I could, however, see making exceptions in certain circumstances where deportation would be cruel or life threatening.

3. NO! They should never be allowed to become full citizens unless they return to their homeland and apply for admission legally.

4. EVERYONE should have to obey ALL laws; but by being here illegally, illegals have already demonstrated they obey only the laws they choose to obey.

5. Illegals don’t have a bad influence on Americans; they have a bad effect on Americans. Their presence in the US depresses wages, especially in skilled trades like dry walling, carpentry, tile setting, roofing, etc.

6. Los Angeles. It’s close to the Mexican border, has a HUGE hispanic population into which illegal Latinos can blend in, and has no immigration enforcement to speak of.

7. YES, definitely! We need a wall to maintain security against terrorists and criminals and to stop illegal drug and human trafficking.

8. On the whole, I think NOTHING should qualify illegals to stay and work in America, but I would make exceptions where deportation would be cruel or life threatening.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:16 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
I'm for immediately deporting all illegal migrants and heavily fining any employer who hires them. But Washington will never enforce its own laws and instead encourages illegal migration while publically calling for enforcement, hence no funding for building a fence, etc. We make it nearly impossible for legal immigrants to get legal status, but all you have to do is jump the border and you'll be given free medical at hospitals (while an American citizen who can't pay will be forced into bankruptcy, lose his home, and be badgered endlessly until on the street), free education, special services paid for by taxpayers...in other words, break the laws and the average American citizen is coerced by the government to pay for your care and educate your children. It's very frustrating, but that's President Bush for you as well as most politicians who ignore the will of the American people.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:28 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,095,525 times
Quote:
Please I need you help.
1. LEGAL immigrants are fine. I am a granddaughter if LEGAL immigrants and this country has been kind to us.
2. NO. You cannot break into this country and stay. NO NO NO!
2. NO. Go back to your conntry and come back legally.
4. ILLEGAL immigrants should leave.
5. I think that if you are coming here ILLEGALLY that you are not influencing this country in a positive fashion. This behavior, especially post- 9/11 is extremely dangerous and disrespectful IMO, and COSTLY!
6. LA - for its obvious proximity to the border and abundant farming jobs.
7. Not just a wall, but complete with cameras and sentrys every so many miles monotoring illegal traffic.
8. Nothing should qualify you to stay and work here. Go back home and come here under legal pretenses. Our jobs and benefits and services are for OUR citizens. If we want you to come live here then we would put a big sign up on Ellis Island that says so.

Any grey areas there??

Old 12-05-2006, 03:08 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,570,316 times
Quote:
Please I need you help.
#1 If they are here legally, and assimilate to the American way of life, that's cool.
#2 No
#3 No
#4 Start by GTFO and try getting here legally.
#5 Yes, and the list of reasons why is too long to list.
#6 Don't care.
#7 Yes.
#8 See #4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration