Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 11:27 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,940,244 times

Advertisements

What the White House is asking for is the chance to persecute some immigrants in exchange for pledging to protect others. That kind of deal would only fuel a dangerous narrative about the good immigrant versus the bad immigrant, pitting better-educated immigrants against other undocumented individuals — people like my 74-year-old mother, Central American children and day laborers.

We can

Does it matter? ALL illegal aliens are lawbreakers out of the box and, I'm gonna say 99 percent of their kind are committing felonies to survive.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 07:49 AM

26,051 posts, read 22,245,465 times
I'm going to agree! And, DACA is unfair because those at the lower end of the spectrum that didn't have the cash or knowledge such a program existed were not able to take advantage of the programs. Of course, I think DACA is wrong, but much worse in that it is unfair to those with lesser resources. And, letting a mother of the magic #4 anchors stay while deporting a single woman, the single woman most likely holding a minimum wage job and supporting herself vs milking the taxpayers, is also wrong. This is the sticky mess we get into when favoring one group of illegal aliens over another, thus the reason that we have the immigration laws we have and why they must be enforced against EVERYONE that violates them.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration