Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:36 PM

334 posts, read 828,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Use the army to repel any invasion...from EITHER of our neighbors.
Yep, ya'll gotta watch out fer them sneaky SOB Canadians, hell, I even see them running around down here spending all that cash, drinking beer, eating tacos and acting just like they're one of us superior US folks . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 04:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Yep, ya'll gotta watch out fer them sneaky SOB Canadians, hell, I even see them running around down here spending all that cash, drinking beer, eating tacos and acting just like they're one of us superior US folks . . . .
Yeah, you should see them down here in Florida, getting in the way of REAL Americans.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yeah, you should see them down here in Florida, getting in the way of REAL Americans.
Yep, I was there, and I'll drink a cup of cafe cubano to that!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:16 AM

582 posts, read 2,039,614 times
How about we build taco stands all along the border.just kidding!a bad joke.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:19 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,935,527 times
I have a little BONE to pick with some of the info given by some posters. FIRST is I VIVIDLY TAKE OFFENCE TO THE TERM "SOB CANADIANS" in BAJA. I am originally from CANADA and the are not SOB'S. It is OFFENSIVE and UNWARRANTED. I lived on a block where there was a ENGLISH (2 sisters), Polish,Checkoslovakian,Polish,Polish, Hungarian, Hungarian,English/Chinese all living side by side. WE were not SOB'S. Have lived in Baja, 12 yrs, South of Rosarito and have yet to see any Canadians. WE do not refer to Mexicans as SOB'S. As to the water. In Mexico city, my wife always BOILED the tap water for cooking purposes. We and everyone else bought 5 gal bottles of drinking water for Hugo ( orange juice). Carts would come by every day selling the water. Never heard of diarrea. Even small towns have bottled water. One day after brushing my teeth, looking at the glass of water thought, what the hell it looked so sparkling clear, I drank the glass full thinking if I die, I die. Nothing happened and I am still here today. Some people have to realize that living in Mexico or visiting does not give us the right to criticize others or the Native Mexicans as WE are GUESTS in their country. Buenas Suerte, Stefhen

Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I have a little BONE to pick with some of the info given by some posters. FIRST is I VIVIDLY TAKE OFFENCE TO THE TERM "SOB CANADIANS" in BAJA. I am originally from CANADA and the are not SOB'S. It is OFFENSIVE and UNWARRANTED. I lived on a block where there was a ENGLISH (2 sisters), Polish,Checkoslovakian,Polish,Polish, Hungarian, Hungarian,English/Chinese all living side by side. WE were not SOB'S. Have lived in Baja, 12 yrs, South of Rosarito and have yet to see any Canadians. WE do not refer to Mexicans as SOB'S. As to the water. In Mexico city, my wife always BOILED the tap water for cooking purposes. We and everyone else bought 5 gal bottles of drinking water for Hugo ( orange juice). Carts would come by every day selling the water. Never heard of diarrea. Even small towns have bottled water. One day after brushing my teeth, looking at the glass of water thought, what the hell it looked so sparkling clear, I drank the glass full thinking if I die, I die. Nothing happened and I am still here today. Some people have to realize that living in Mexico or visiting does not give us the right to criticize others or the Native Mexicans as WE are GUESTS in their country. Buenas Suerte, Stefhen
The first time that I heard 'SOB' applied to anything associated with Mexico was from a Mexican, born/raised in that country.

SOB means South Of Border

Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
How do we secure the borders?

A wall? A fence? More border patrol agents? Technology? Invisible fences that when crossed, jolts you with thousand of watts of electricity?

How do we CLOSE the borders?
I just happen to see this thread and havne't read all the responses, but to me a huge wall should do the work. Look at Israel and how much they have prevented the suicide bombers to get in, so a wall works.
Maybe also to make it a little bit easier to get a legal status. Right now it is almost like you have to pay so much and that lawyers are taken advantage of foreigners. It has cost me thousands over the years to get my visa papers. I never had a problem but it is costing me a fortune in lawyers fees.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Living in Baja, one would think you'd lighten up a bit! It was meant to be funny, and how is it you have lived here for 12 years and NOT met any Canadians?? Don't get out much?

I know it sounds like "hugo", but juice is spelled "jugo", it's on the side of your orange juice container . . .

Water is "potable" all over Mexico. When living in La Paz, one of my Canadian neighbors was drinking water right from the tap, and when I asked him why, he said it's OK, it's potable. I said, "see those construction workers over there? They have tap water available on that site and what are they ALL carrying (purified water bottles)? He started buying bottled water (as most us us do), but the irony was, he'd drinken from the tap for over a year and never had a problem . . . .

Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,935,527 times
Well guess i have to eat a LITTLE crow. You see, my dictionary is from the 1930's, (tells you how old I am). SOB had a different conitation in them days, so I have to admit to being a little senile. But hey, I was chasing girls long before you guys were just a TWINKLE in your fathers eyes. Guess how old I am. Check out the HISTORY Forum, under "Have you served in the MILITARY"? I was the 1st person to check under WW11 and KOREA. Now, as to spelling, I have this quirk about MISPELLING words intentionally in order to make people think, Oh thats spelled wrong, it should be......etc. Dave Rosarito JUMPED REAL HARD on me. Gave me a laugh. Had a Mexican wife in Mexico City and learned almost everything there is to know legally that is. (wrong grammer) Do not end a sentence with a preposition. "Is it i before e except after c" or the other way around, mixing my spanish and hungarian and english does wonders for the brain.Stefhen

Old 03-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Well guess i have to eat a LITTLE crow. You see, my dictionary is from the 1930's, (tells you how old I am). SOB had a different conitation in them days, so I have to admit to being a little senile. But hey, I was chasing girls long before you guys were just a TWINKLE in your fathers eyes. Guess how old I am. Check out the HISTORY Forum, under "Have you served in the MILITARY"? I was the 1st person to check under WW11 and KOREA. Now, as to spelling, I have this quirk about MISPELLING words intentionally in order to make people think, Oh thats spelled wrong, it should be......etc. Dave Rosarito JUMPED REAL HARD on me. Gave me a laugh. Had a Mexican wife in Mexico City and learned almost everything there is to know legally that is. (wrong grammer) Do not end a sentence with a preposition. "Is it i before e except after c" or the other way around, mixing my spanish and hungarian and english does wonders for the brain.Stefhen
Well, maybe not Crow, but you ould head down the hill for some lobster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration