Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 12:28 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddana View Post
I applaud the citizens of Mexico who have remained in their country to fight poverty and the ever increasing power of the drug cartels. It is no secret that the border areas are very dangerous for the ordinary citizen of Mexico to cross. They are ignored by their own government and then used and abused by the coyotes. While Mexico seeks to pass on its poor and uneducated to the U.S. it also sends it consulates to Washington D.C. to demand 'rights' for these people.
Tourist travel from the north is way down in Mexico. Why? Because of the inherent dangers; robbery, rape and even murder. Corruption even invades the police.
No, I don't think Mexico has anything to brag about in the area of humane treatment of foreigners or its own people.
Hrmm sounds like any US inner city; New Orleans, Detroit, Bronx, L.A, Miami...etc.
I love the way people try to sound all high and mighty (condensending) talking about Mexico, when your own government ignores and abuses the people too. It so happens our people can live on WelFare...so why leave?

Old 03-30-2008, 12:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Hrmm sounds like any US inner city; New Orleans, Detroit, Bronx, L.A, Miami...etc.
I love the way people try to sound all high and mighty (condensending) talking about Mexico, when your own government ignores and abuses the people too. It so happens our people can live on WelFare...so why leave?
Our American people are not locking themselves up into unventilated semi trailers and box cars to be shipped out of the country.

As far as welfare for Americans -- that's another thread but at least it's something our government is doing for poor Americans instead of trying to rid them from our country. Maybe rich Mexico could offer welfare programs so it's people don't have to risk their lives leaving their country to seek welfare from some other government.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
And what's really inexcusable -- not the welfare Americans or the welfare Mexicans but many who are leaving Mexico are it's hardest most willing workers. That's the real problem is that many poor Mexicans are glad to work for everything they have and they must leave Mexico to make it, and many die a lonely death out in some SW desert either before or after they cross the border. That's the real shame.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 PM

334 posts, read 827,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Our American people are not locking themselves up into unventilated semi trailers and box cars to be shipped out of the country.

As far as welfare for Americans -- that's another thread but at least it's something our government is doing for poor Americans instead of trying to rid them from our country. Maybe rich Mexico could offer welfare programs so it's people don't have to risk their lives leaving their country to seek welfare from some other government.
Sorry to disappoint so many of you, but I'm far from all knowing, etc. I live a simple life (got rid of the three piece suits awhile ago and left the corporate world to the legal and financial types that control it now/I was more marketing oriented and purely honest, not a good "fit" today).

What I am saying about Mexico is simple facts relating to real experiences from both sides of the border. My living in Mexico now is simply a personal as well as economic choice.

Mexico, by and large, does not have homeless wandering the streets. Welfare programs for the poor in Mexico? How about free healthcare, free education, price controls on staples, etc. High cost of electricity (someone mentioned this)? My electric bill runs less than $10 per month in the warm months, $20 to $25 in the winter (electric heater). Clean city? Of course. My neighbors (and myself) keep it clean, many of them sweep the street in front of their omes/businesses almost daily (the city has street sweepers as well). Well, its clean until the tourists come in and trash it some, but then they bring $$$$ .

Too often I find real racist, Mexico bashing types of dribble in these forums, which is offensive, and I am simply offering an actual, I'm in the middle of it, perspective.

Your problems (and mine as well) with the illegals in the US is simply not their fault nor is it the fault of Mexico. The fault lies squarely with the US government's policies and lack of policies (and lack of enforcement) towards immigration and foreign workers, and the people and companies that employ them.

I wouldn't take the travel risk for the money difference, but as you know, many do. A few years working in the states and they can buy a house here, open a business, etc. It's simply attractive ENOUGH to a lot of people. How about all the hookers from the defunct russian countries in Miami? If there was enough $$$ at home, they would stay, but there is simply more $$$ if they work here.

It's that simple.

And the solution (for the US) is equally simple and does not require alienation of and from our neighbor to the south or the degradation of a wonderful group of people (mostly).

Old 03-30-2008, 01:38 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And what's really inexcusable -- not the welfare Americans or the welfare Mexicans but many who are leaving Mexico are it's hardest most willing workers. That's the real problem is that many poor Mexicans are glad to work for everything they have and they must leave Mexico to make it, and many die a lonely death out in some SW desert either before or after they cross the border. That's the real shame.
Now THAT is a Calderone approved sob story!

Old 03-30-2008, 04:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Sorry to disappoint so many of you, but I'm far from all knowing, etc. I live a simple life (got rid of the three piece suits awhile ago and left the corporate world to the legal and financial types that control it now/I was more marketing oriented and purely honest, not a good "fit" today).

What I am saying about Mexico is simple facts relating to real experiences from both sides of the border. My living in Mexico now is simply a personal as well as economic choice.

Mexico, by and large, does not have homeless wandering the streets. Welfare programs for the poor in Mexico? How about free healthcare, free education, price controls on staples, etc. High cost of electricity (someone mentioned this)? My electric bill runs less than $10 per month in the warm months, $20 to $25 in the winter (electric heater). Clean city? Of course. My neighbors (and myself) keep it clean, many of them sweep the street in front of their omes/businesses almost daily (the city has street sweepers as well). Well, its clean until the tourists come in and trash it some, but then they bring $$$$ .

Too often I find real racist, Mexico bashing types of dribble in these forums, which is offensive, and I am simply offering an actual, I'm in the middle of it, perspective.

Your problems (and mine as well) with the illegals in the US is simply not their fault nor is it the fault of Mexico. The fault lies squarely with the US government's policies and lack of policies (and lack of enforcement) towards immigration and foreign workers, and the people and companies that employ them.

I wouldn't take the travel risk for the money difference, but as you know, many do. A few years working in the states and they can buy a house here, open a business, etc. It's simply attractive ENOUGH to a lot of people. How about all the hookers from the defunct russian countries in Miami? If there was enough $$$ at home, they would stay, but there is simply more $$$ if they work here.

It's that simple.

And the solution (for the US) is equally simple and does not require alienation of and from our neighbor to the south or the degradation of a wonderful group of people (mostly).
The cold reality is that 1 Mexican citizen in 10 is here in the USA (most illegally) for economic reasons------that needs to be ended post haste.

If the illegals were blond haired/blue eyed Scandinavians-------I would still want 'em gone.

I have no sympathy for Mexico; if it takes a revolution to wake up the elite SOB-------so be it.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:33 PM

334 posts, read 827,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The cold reality is that 1 Mexican citizen in 10 is here in the USA (most illegally) for economic reasons------that needs to be ended post haste.

If the illegals were blond haired/blue eyed Scandinavians-------I would still want 'em gone.

I have no sympathy for Mexico; if it takes a revolution to wake up the elite SOB-------so be it.
What you fail to understand is Mexico isn't doing it, this is a result of US policy, lack of enforcement, and employers who circumvent the law.

You do not have to be anti Mexico to get that!

Old 03-30-2008, 07:41 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,815 times
Individual Mexicans walked across that border knowing it was illegal. They took jobs offered by law breaking employers knowing they were taking food off the table of American citizens. They have to be held responsible for their actions just like the criminals who employ them. They are not above the law

Quote:
What you fail to understand is Mexico isn't doing it, this is a result of US policy, lack of enforcement, and employers who circumvent the law.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:

I understand quite well what 'our' criminal employers are doing.....

That still does not justify Mexico's elite flagrantly underpaying that country's citizens--------yet, Mx has a labor shortage as well due to its imploding birthrate.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Individual Mexicans walked across that border knowing it was illegal. They took jobs offered by law breaking employers knowing they were taking food off the table of American citizens. They have to be held responsible for their actions just like the criminals who employ them. They are not above the law
I agree. America's failure to enforce its own laws does not excuse the lack of personal responsibility on the part of illegal aliens for their own lawless actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration