Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 04:09 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

The info that has come out of the Mollie Tibbetts murder case...
Quote:
"As seen in Exhibit 2, approximately 3.3 percent of all E-Verify findings are for unauthorized workers incorrectly found employment authorized and 2.9 percent of all findings are for unauthorized workers correctly not found employment authorized. Thus, almost half of all unauthorized workers are correctly not found to be employment authorized (2.9/6.2) and just over half are found to be employment authorized (3.3/6.2). Consequently, the inaccuracy rate for unauthorized workers is estimated to be approximately 54 percent with a plausible range of 37 percent to 64 percent. This finding is not surprising, given that since the inception of E-Verify it has been clear that many unauthorized workers obtain employment by committing identity fraud that cannot be detected by E-Verify"
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...12-16-09_2.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK9 View Post
I think it's a wink wink situation where they need the job done an Americans wont do it. If they really wanted it to be valid they would implement other things such as finger printing, or stricter paperwork required as proof.
A unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., would be required from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker to make it work.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Slowly but surely facial recognition is becoming the norm in the US and many other countries, only when all people have had their faces put in record will E-Verify be able to work at a much higher percentage, how can anything work when so many people from other countries have the exact same exact name and even DOB. Does E-Verify use facial recognition, finger prints, DNA or eye scans, not from what I have read about it, so I seriously doubt it could ever work anywhere near what it needs to do.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:25 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage the proof is that they were doing them before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. It's just employers wanting cheap, illegal labor to increase their profits. Let the truth be told here. Mandate e-verify and improved it's accuracy.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
So make the system more robust. They spent well over a billion on the ACA web sight.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So make the system more robust. They spent well over a billion on the ACA web sight.
Correct. A unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., would be required from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker to make e-verify work the way it was intended to.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:42 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
The government just can't do anything right.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Still 46% is worth a lot and universal E-verify is an easy way to get it. I think it's possible that those who apply to one of the few employers now requiring E-verify are more likely to have a fake and convincing false identity, and if E-verify was universal it might catch a higher percentage. And what's the deal with the real ID act? Maybe if employers were required to only accept the enhanced ID it would be harder for illegals to present a false ID.

We'll never get all the facts on E-verify and controlling illegal immigration. We have one political party and their appointed judges completely thwarting immigration enforcement and many of the other party too, plus now many here of recent foreign origin wanting open borders and the media brainwashing the public to be pro-immigration legal and illegal. What a sad joke on us it all is.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:19 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
I use e-verify and find it very thorough. There are a number of “hoops” to jump through when submitting employee identification documents. The system keeps track of the employees submitted by previous employers because I have been flagged when my info doesn't match what is on file in the e-verify system (such as mistyping a SS number). The system will not let me input further information until the erroneous info is corrected. Frankly, I find the system to be a pain, but we are required to use e-verify due to federal contracts.

PS - if an employee shows identifying documents for the I-9, the employer is not at fault as long as the employer believes the documents are genuine.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Do people on C-D actually bother reading? You're getting gaslighted.

This entire post is made-up nonsense. There is no such study.
100% False. I posted the link. Read it for yourself.

Quote:
"As seen in Exhibit 2, approximately 3.3 percent of all E-Verify findings are for unauthorized workers incorrectly found employment authorized and 2.9 percent of all findings are for unauthorized workers correctly not found employment authorized. Thus, almost half of all unauthorized workers are correctly not found to be employment authorized (2.9/6.2) and just over half are found to be employment authorized (3.3/6.2). Consequently, the inaccuracy rate for unauthorized workers is estimated to be approximately 54 percent with a plausible range of 37 percent to 64 percent. This finding is not surprising, given that since the inception of E-Verify it has been clear that many unauthorized workers obtain employment by committing identity fraud that cannot be detected by E-Verify"
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...12-16-09_2.pdf

Stop being duped by deceptively false info propaganda. People should be smarter than being so easily manipulated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration