Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:44 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No it won't, no one knows what the crime rate of illegal aliens is but it's believed to be higher than legal immigrants and most likely the average overall. If your justification is crime rate then we just allow in legal immigrants from East Asia and Western Europe.
Nonsense. Vast amount of analysis indicate that the crime rate of illegal aliens is lower than that of the native population. And if you segregate the native population into the economic strata comparable to the illegal aliens it is vastly worse.

The numbers are not clean as the proper statistics are not recorded. But the conclusion is still clear.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. Vast amount of analysis indicate that the crime rate of illegal aliens is lower than that of the native population. And if you segregate the native population into the economic strata comparable to the illegal aliens it is vastly worse.

The numbers are not clean as the proper statistics are not recorded. But the conclusion is still clear.
I never seen legitimate data that the illegal alien crime rate is lower than the overall native rate. No one knows the illegal alien crime rate.

Besides, the acceptable illegal alien crime rate is 0.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
That's unproven that illegal aliens commit a lower crime rate than US citizens. There's evidence they commit higher.
I would like to see you post that.

There is certainly evidence that they are much more likely victims of crime than legal citizens.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
What in the hell are you talking about?

Did you fail math?

We're not talking about RATES. Just remove the term from your lexicon - its not relevant to this conversation.

We're talking about actual murders, that could not occur absent the presence of the offenders.

For your idiotic statement to have any validity, it would have to be true that if all those thousands of victims of illegal aliens had not been murdered by an illegal, that they would have still been murdered by a citizen instead.

Which is false. And if you can't understand why, then you need serious remedial instruction in well, I guess "logic".

You appear to believe that Kate Steinle and Mollie Tibbets and all the other thousands of citizens whose deaths were caused by the actions of an illegal would have just magically somehow still been killed. As if the Universe itself had it out for these poor people, and would have just by some unknown supernatural plan, substituted in an American to do the deed instead.
And your post shows you do not have the faintest understanding of statistics. The only thing that counts to you or your child is the rate. Anecdotes like Kate Steinle...who was not murdered by the way...are simply used by the idiot right to prove the unproveable.

If you remove a low murder rate population the overall murder rate increases. If you are a member of the remaining population the probability that you will be a murder victim goes up. The number of murders in fact goes down...but the probability that a given member of the class will be a victim goes up.

This is simple stuff. If i could get you into a class room for a couple of hours we could probably play with jelly beans or such and show you it is true.

But you sound like a true believer and they are never teachable.

Oh and I am by the way an EE who lived by statistics in the real world for 35 years.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
The illegal-endorsers always bring up American citizens getting killed by other citizens. Which is not the point and has nothing to do with illegal aliens.

Here's the point for all the dumb and/or confused people that apparently just cannot grasp the concept:

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CITIZENS WHO WOULD STILL BE ALIVE IF NOT FOR ILLEGALS BEING IN OUR COUNTRY.
Do you really think that Trump or anyone else is going to kick out even 10% of them? I saw this coming in the late 70s when employers dumped entire work crews and hired labor contractors to bring mexicans in by the busload to replace them and no one did a darned thing about it.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I would like to see you post that.

There is certainly evidence that they are much more likely victims of crime than legal citizens.
Yeah because they are being victimized by other illegal aliens.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do you really think that Trump or anyone else is going to kick out even 10% of them? I saw this coming in the late 70s when employers dumped entire work crews and hired labor contractors to bring mexicans in by the busload to replace them and no one did a darned thing about it.
Yeah but for every few hundred or a few thousand you deport that's a lot of crimes they can't commit here.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:12 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And your post shows you do not have the faintest understanding of statistics. The only thing that counts to you or your child is the rate. Anecdotes like Kate Steinle...who was not murdered by the way...are simply used by the idiot right to prove the unproveable.

If you remove a low murder rate population the overall murder rate increases. If you are a member of the remaining population the probability that you will be a murder victim goes up. The number of murders in fact goes down...but the probability that a given member of the class will be a victim goes up.

This is simple stuff. If i could get you into a class room for a couple of hours we could probably play with jelly beans or such and show you it is true.

But you sound like a true believer and they are never teachable.

Oh and I am by the way an EE who lived by statistics in the real world for 35 years.
That's the most retarded thing I have ever heard. The rate is derived from the population, adding in more people with a lower rate of homicide simply causes the raw numbers of murders to increase...which is the point. While the number of citizens would not have changed in either case, its still exactly the same number of them...thus their presence has no effect on the number of murders either. The citizens didn't murder those victims of illegals.

As I said, the rate is not important. Because you're comparing apples to oranges....one is the rate of homicide with one population, and the other is a different rate of homicide with a different population. Didn't you ever learn about comparisons in your 35 years of experience "in the real world"??

The point is, people who are dead would not be dead had the illegals that killed them never been in the country.

The RATE has absolutely nothing to do with that FACT.

Kate Steinle was the victim of homicide....if you want to call it something besides murder, go right ahead. The point is her death was a homicide caused by an illegal alien. And thank you for the reminder of the travesty of justice that occurred with regards to that.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:44 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
There are not strict requirements and to be crime free, just no record of committing serious crimes. Most of them are over 18 and persisted in being here illegally. Many of them did come on their own. DACA are only temporarily legal and the program should be ended.

Yes, here are some more links proving that many of these DACAs are not the innocents that the pro-illegals would like to claim. One more question that the pro-illegals never answer. "If these DACAs were legalized what should happen to their parents who did break our immigration laws knowingly"? I won't hold my breath for a viable answer. Why would these DACAs want to remain here while their parents are rightfully deported? We keep hearing about the separation of families thingy.

https://immigrationreform.com/2017/1...#comment-88430

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/52738

Thousands of DACA recipients with arrest records, including 10 accused murderers, allowed to stay in US | Fox News

Old 09-26-2018, 08:48 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
I never seen legitimate data that the illegal alien crime rate is lower than the overall native rate. No one knows the illegal alien crime rate.

Besides, the acceptable illegal alien crime rate is 0.
How many haven't been caught using a fake or stolen SS number or worked for cash evading taxes yet? That fits the majority of them and those are crimes. You can't count them if they haven't been caught yet but nearly all of them commit either one of those crimes to work here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration