Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:44 AM

334 posts, read 828,611 times

Advertisements

Yeah, nice "Statistics". Created by someone with no credentials. He found 1,500 cases over a 7 or 8 year span where illegals were involved. THEN he extrapolates that to mean millions, or whatever number it was he wanted. Pure Bull from another racist.

Last edited by Dave Rosarito; 04-04-2008 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,474,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Since when is it rape for a 14 year old to be married and have children? My grandma was married at the age of 14 and my great grandma was around that age was well. It was customary back then some 70 years ago and goes back even further. However, this is now rarely seen and looked down upon.

You noticed these Mexicans raping someone? I am Mexican. I've been to Mexico dozens of times. This is not what we are taught, if you didn't know, over 95% of Mexico is catholic so raping is DEFINITELY not apart of Mexican culture.
What I am saying is the man who was with this 14 year old girl and the Mother came from a culture where its NOT rape for a 14 year old girl to get married or to have sex between a 20 year old and a 14 year old, they come from a culture where he did the responsible thing to move in with the girl he got pregnant. Unfortunately they think they can bring that culture HERE where its considered RAPE to have sex with a 14 year old girl, where this woman was a doing something WRONG to allow this man to live with her daughter.

The reality is they clearly have not let their cultural ways go. You can't do that here in the states, its against the law. I don't care what people do in their countries but its not legal for a 20 year to have sex with a 14 year old AND its not legal for the Mother to invite the man to live with her. No way should the law have sympathy, give them a pass just because a certain thing was legal in their country.

You come to live in the US, you personally have a responsibility to learn our culture and laws. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, I'm pretty sure they print it up in Spanish. Read it, learn it, I don't think anyone cares what is done in a foreign country anymore. There is less and less sympathy and understanding on the part of the American people. Our country will not ever think its OK for a child of 14 to become a parent, to start having children. TO US, thats sexual abuse, thats exploitation, thats endangering a child. If people who move here can't live by our laws, then in this case they risk having their children taken away.

I can gaurantee you the Judge will tell them, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse".

Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,481,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Guess what: Mr Person, this is the USA, not Mexico so the latter's law does not apply here.
Look out - the next thing you know, we're going to have separate sets of laws that apply to different groups, all in an effort to ensure "diversity" and so people from SOB won't feel like were stripping them of their "culture" and "family values".

If someone touches my daughter when she's 14 years old, he isn't getting an invitation to live in my house - he's going to get an invitation to meet his maker.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,474,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Look out - the next thing you know, we're going to have separate sets of laws that apply to different groups, all in an effort to ensure "diversity" and so people from SOB won't feel like were stripping them of their "culture" and "family values".

If someone touches my daughter when she's 14 years old, he isn't getting an invitation to live in my house - he's going to get an invitation to meet his maker.
So well said.
Just a couple days ago, my daughter and I stopped by a gas station that also has a subway in it. Its a frequent stop for day laborers. There was a van full there, their van had broken down and they were trying to fix it, they looked a little worried, no doubt that the police might drive up. They were oggling my daughter the entire time, AND she was dressed appropriately and is 11 years old but it pretty tall for her age. I had to tell my daughter not too look in their direction so as not to give them the wrong idea. THEN later I had to explain what the wrong idea actually was. She was horrified.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,042 times
The point of the articles? The multitude of crimes perpetrated by illegal aliens that would NOT be occurring if they were not here

Correct, they would be committed by U.S. good ole boys. I do not understand why these topics are always on the forum. If you posted what horrible things have been done by Americans daily, this forum would not be large enough to hold all the rapes, etc.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
The point of the articles? The multitude of crimes perpetrated by illegal aliens that would NOT be occurring if they were not here

Correct, they would be committed by U.S. good ole boys. I do not understand why these topics are always on the forum. If you posted what horrible things have been done by Americans daily, this forum would not be large enough to hold all the rapes, etc.
For the record; if anything, I strongly suspect that rape, etc. against minors is on the decline-------the pedophiles fear being exposed. More and more kids are speaking out against such losers. The 'shame' felt by the victims as a group is diminishing.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:16 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,347,231 times
They ought to keep their own "culture" of allowing an older man to live in a room with a minor to their OWN country. We don't want it here.

If they think it's "ok" then go back home - here, it is against the law.

Illegals to boot - why don't they deport them immediately and let them live like scum in their own country, not ours.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,042 times
I cannot believe that you believe what you just posted. It has not slowed down.
Have you ever watched to catch a predator? I believe more kids are speaking out but I do not think a perverts are less. I hope the shame of victims is less, because they were not to blame. We still have a long way to go on this.

In reply to Arizona Bear's post.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Here's the original source/story, although I'm sure you'll do your best to pretend that it's not reputable either. Good try, but sorry it doesn't negate the truth.

Illegal alien rapes puppy

I'm not negating the truth, it probably did happen. It always happens once in a while just not all are documented.

Don't pretend not to know how your own culture works. I've attended a Quincenera and it was explained to me by the Mexican family who sponsored their daughter that it signals the entry into "womanhood". Hardly the equivalent of a Sweet 16 party.

Culturally yes it does. Sweet 16's in America is virtually the same thing as a quincenera with out the church. There is a party, the family and friends get together and have a blast and the girl gets a nice present from the parents. This is cultural, Mexican culture revolves around family and friends. Just because this said fiesta (which it has become now) does not mean the girl is going to get married and have children at 15! Does this happen? Sure it probably does, but again, it is looked down upon. I have a cousin who ran away with her boyfriend after her quincenera party. I won't even get started on how upset the parents were.

For the most part in Mexico and all 3rd world countries sex and marriage with young girls whether by rape or consent is the ACCEPTABLE norm and sexual deviance is pretty much the norm as well. While it may occur in America, the difference: it is an ILLEGAL act punishable by law. The article IS NOT about your grandmother getting married at 14. The fact that she got married as a child is representative of cultural acceptance of the act of consent to have sex with and marrying a child.

You do not know this! This is the equivalent of saying that all middle easterners are terrorists! You are not Mexican, you have no idea. All you can do is generalize. This child obviously did not want to have sexual relations with the man, in which the man forced her and is called 'rape'. Do family members rape other family members in America? One of my ex-girlfriends was sexually molested in various occasions by her cousin. At the time, she was 8 and her cousin was 20. How sick is this? Rape is not accepted in any culture as far as I know and I don't think it ever will be.

Why do illegal aliens and their supporters continue to compare apples to oranges? This isn't about Americans committing crime in America.

Americans are not as stupid as you'd like to think we are. Compassion does not equal stupidity, nor is the greed and corruption of our government and corporate entities representative of how Americans feel about the rampid crime that has resulted from illegal immigration. As for your point about being catholics? In light of the fact that numerous Catholic Priests have recently been outted as child molestors in addition to the fact that you sadly attempt to differentiate between statutory RAPE and RAPE in general, speaks volumes in terms of American culture vs. your cultural acceptance of this criminal act and thinking don'cha think? If I were you I wouldn't have used either of your theories to justify rape, since it merely serves to reiterate the point of this discussion. Rape is rape just as entry into America without permission is illegal. What part of illegal don't you understand?

What are you talking about? I am an AMERICAN! Rape is never justified! You generalize rape as something that is cultural. That is just a sick, generalization by you.

The point of the articles? The multitude of crimes perpetrated by illegal aliens that would NOT be occurring if they were not here.
I'll tell you one thing, if those 9-11 hi-jackers did not overstay their visa, hundreds would still be a live. moot argument though, as for yours.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:54 PM

440 posts, read 330,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I'll tell you one thing, if those 9-11 hi-jackers did not overstay their visa, hundreds would still be a live. moot argument though, as for yours.
Ok so they were illegal aliens and if they were not in this country illegally 9-11 probably would not have happened then again, since at one time they were here legally they could have done it while their visas were still valid.

That being said:

Again, why are you comparing apples to oranges? How did we go from cultural child molestation to the subject of the 9-11 high jackers? Oh wait, I forgot . . . .that's your way of justifying the criminal acts of illegal alien mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration