Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:01 PM

440 posts, read 330,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Obviously you would realize that abortion was only legalized only until recently. Incestual relationships? I wonder where the south picked up this stereotype? Want to know why this wouldn't be a big deal in Mexico? The Police are as corrupt as the Government officials. They take bribes!
There you go again DELIBERATELY changing the subject of your original denial of the truth of this issue which is sex and the raping of MINOR CHILDREN IS CULTURALLY acceptable in Mexico:

Quote:
as marital rape was tolerated until recently, and incest is understood as “consensual,” resulting in equal punishments for both parties. Nonconsensual incest is supposed to be prosecuted as rape, but HRW found evidence that prosecutors frequently do not do so, even when victims are obviously underage (the age of consent in most of Mexico is 12)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 12:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
So you think this is cultural? What about when people in America milk the welfare system. I suppose that is cultural as well? And what about the teachers who have sexual relations with their kids as well. I suppose that is cultural as well?
And; all of the above is illegal-------the key is getting caught first.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:06 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,142,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
There you go again DELIBERATELY changing the subject of your original denial of the truth of this issue which is sex and the raping of MINOR CHILDREN IS CULTURALLY acceptable in Mexico:

[/b]
This is not culturally accepted! I don't know why you keep turning to the media to find your answer that suits your needs. I am Mexican, and I can tell you this is NOT CULTURALLY ACCEPTED. The Media cannot teach you about someones culture unless you want to compare the media's depiction of MUSLIMS.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 PM

440 posts, read 330,643 times
Quote:
This is not culturally accepted! I don't know why you keep turning to the media to find your answer that suits your needs. I am Mexican, and I can tell you this is NOT CULTURALLY ACCEPTED. The Media cannot teach you about someones culture unless you want to compare the media's depiction of MUSLIMS.

The fact that you are Mexican merely serves to explain your denial of what is true about the sexual promiscuity of young girls and grown men that are very much a part of the culture of Mexico. I am not relying upon the media. My son's best friend is Mexican and I have spent a great deal of time around their family. I have met many of their relatives, legal and illegal over the years. During these years I have met many pregnant young Mexican girls who have no intention of continuing their education and find nothing wrong with their "situation". I have heard countless discussions about the young Mexican girls impregnated by grown Mexican Nationals beaming with pride about their sad "accomplishment" of knocking up a child. It's an epidemic that I have witnessed up close and personal. I merely posted the articles to dispute your claims, despite which you are still in denial. Unfortunately for you it's a reality and denial doesn't trump reality.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:26 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; all of the above is illegal-------the key is getting caught first.
Quite true Bear, but have you noticed that if it is a male teacher molesting a female student they have it harsher than a female teacher that molests a male student. I think they both deserve the same sentence equally.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Quite true Bear, but have you noticed that if it is a male teacher molesting a female student they have it harsher than a female teacher that molests a male student. I think they both deserve the same sentence equally.
Very true, double standard at work here-------never mind that most guys age 16-17 would have had no issue with said young female teacher assuming she was a 'hottie'

That stated: going after a guy under age 14-15---------that is molestation IMHO

Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 PM

334 posts, read 829,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That stated: going after a guy under age 14-15---------that is molestation IMHO
Not when I was 14 and 15 !

Old 04-05-2008, 01:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
The fact that you are Mexican merely serves to explain your de polygamist nial of what is true about the sexual promiscuity of young girls and grown men that are very much a part of the culture of Mexico. I am not relying upon the media. My son's best friend is Mexican and I have spent a great deal of time around their family. I have met many of their relatives, legal and illegal over the years. During these years I have met many pregnant young Mexican girls who have no intention of continuing their education and find nothing wrong with their "situation". I have heard countless discussions about the young Mexican girls impregnated by grown Mexican Nationals beaming with pride about their sad "accomplishment" of knocking up a child. It's an epidemic that I have witnessed up close and personal. I merely posted the articles to dispute your claims, despite which you are still in denial. Unfortunately for you it's a reality and denial doesn't trump reality.
That is like saying all Italians take part in incest. What about Warren Jeffs
and his polygamist group? Are we now calling all Mexicans perverts? That is exactly what your post sounds like

Old 04-05-2008, 03:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,859,580 times
Quote:
Are you sure? If this same woman were to invite a man to live and sleep with her 14 year old daughter in most parts of Mexico what would happen? Even if she charged him money and he paid and she said she wanted the father of the baby to stay with the young daughter.

Would it be considered a big deal, would it be illegal, would it make it into newspapers, would the police interrupt the little arrangement? Or would many people just find it normal enough?

Old 04-05-2008, 03:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,859,580 times
Quote:
So you think this is cultural? What about when people in America milk the welfare system. I suppose that is cultural as well? And what about the teachers who have sexual relations with their kids as well. I suppose that is cultural as well?

Yes, I think this is, very likely the mother of this 14 year old girl just saw it very convenient to have the man living in the house and paying her the $300 a month and didn't even realize that in this country it's against the law. In her mind the 14 year old girl was fine with the deal so it was all working out very well for everybody and the new baby would have USA citizenship which they would be able to try to use to get around being here illegally but also would bring in many government benefits.

I think the lawyer is right in that regard, that many Mexicans come here and have no clue about laws here not being like they are back home, they wouldn't realize that this is not acceptable here.

Welfare is cultural. Pedophile teachers are not which is why they are arrested and get plastered all over the news. Most parents here do not accept a teacher raping their child, some sub-cultures here might but the overall culture does not accept rape of a 14 year old child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration