Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:16 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
SAN BERNARDINO - Like the woman herself, Dolores Huerta's position on illegal immigration from Mexico into the United States is blunt and direct.
Quote:
"We didn't cross the border," the revered immigrant and farm worker advocate told an enthusiastic crowd of mostly college students. "The border crossed us."
[moderator cut: copyright]
Huerta: `Too late' to stymie illegal immigration - San Bernardino County Sun

Last edited by madicarus2000; 04-03-2008 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
SAN BERNARDINO - Like the woman herself, Dolores Huerta's position on illegal immigration from Mexico into the United States is blunt and direct.

"We didn't cross the border," the revered immigrant and farm worker advocate told an enthusiastic crowd of mostly college students. "The border crossed us."
Talk about a lame excuse, Ms Huerta---------why was it OK for the Spaniards to subjugate the indigenous people yet it was not OK for Mexico to lose half of her land (1848) to the USA?

Besides; most of the people living in our Southwest prior to 1848 stayed on-----under US rule.

As for those people who came here after the above date-----the 'border crossing us' is a bunch of lying BS.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:10 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Dolores Huerta -- accuses the Border Patrol of "ethnic cleansing" for deporting illegal immigrants. So, now the politically correct definition of ethnic cleansing is three hots, a cot, and a ride back home?

Too bad this new, politically correct definition didn't take affect before Hitler wiped out six million Jews, before hundreds of thousands lost their lives in the former Yugoslavia, or before the hundreds of thousands of ethnic Africans lost their lives in Darfur, a heinous abomination against humanity which continues today.

Hey Delores--how about a trip to Darfur so that you can inform the government that they are going about the ethnic cleansing of their country completely wrong?

Delores is also the author of this quote: "Keep the American flag in your hand, but the Mexican flag in your heart."

Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As for those people who came here after the above date-----the 'border crossing us' is a bunch of lying BS.
That's one of my favorite 'sore points'...the "Border Crossed Us" baloney. It gets SO tedious, just like the one about "there are NO ILLEGAL Humans". Please spare us.....

In fact, the border DID "cross" some people....They are all dead now, and their descendants are now long-established American citizens. The border never 'crossed' any modern-day illegal immigrant...NOR his ancestors.

(The only POSSIBLE way this could be said to be somewhat true is in terms of 'ethnic politics'....and we're CERTAINLY not suggesting that entire 'ethnincities' have group rights......ARE WE?.....They used to feel that way in Alabama...is that REALLY where we want to go? Ethnic rights?) HMMMM??

Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM

220 posts, read 381,672 times
Just my opinion, but I'd give this country another 10-20 years (40 at the max) before it dissolves. Our grandchildren will probably see the end of America in their lifetime.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
Just my opinion, but I'd give this country another 10-20 years (40 at the max) before it dissolves. Our grandchildren will probably see the end of America in their lifetime.
Sad, isn't it, OldTex?

Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Talk about a lame excuse, Ms Huerta---------why was it OK for the Spaniards to subjugate the indigenous people yet it was not OK for Mexico to lose half of her land (1848) to the USA?

Besides; most of the people living in our Southwest prior to 1848 stayed on-----under US rule.

I could not agree more, ArizonaBear!

Sadly, the "Huerta" nutcases will shoot for any lame excuse possible to avoid accepting reality.

Last edited by Bummer; 04-02-2008 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: Major GOOF!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Talk about "ethnic cleansing" - it's the Latinos, as this woman says, who want to all have babies and "win". I've heard them talk about that for ages. Our government is just too stupid to have really HEARD what they've been saying, and now our country which was so beautiful once, is being ruined by people who care nothing about it.

I would not want to be a young person today, and have to live in a "hispanicized" America. I don't think their "culture" has added anything to the benefit of our country. Nada, zero, zip....

Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Talk about "ethnic cleansing" - it's the Latinos, as this woman says, who want to all have babies and "win". I've heard them talk about that for ages. Our government is just too stupid to have really HEARD what they've been saying, and now our country which was so beautiful once, is being ruined by people who care nothing about it.

I would not want to be a young person today, and have to live in a "hispanicized" America. I don't think their "culture" has added anything to the benefit of our country. Nada, zero, zip....
Do you eat Mexican, Cuban or Brazilian food? How about nice alcohol?
Spanish revival houses?
Better dancing?

Old 04-02-2008, 02:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Do you eat Mexican, Cuban or Brazilian food? How about nice alcohol?
Spanish revival houses?
Better dancing?
Not a very good example, Mach 50. The whole WORLD enjoys coffee, without importing thousands of Brazilians to 'teach them how to drink it'. Food, recipes, music, and culture can be adopted, without massive numbers of illegal travelers having to come along with them. Europe is CRAZY about jazz--but has relatively few American blacks....and fewer STILL, who are living there illegally.

WE drive millions of Toyotas, but have relatively few illegal Japanese here. They build them---and we learn to drive them. No immigration necessary. (By the way, Mexico has taken to baseball in a big way....all on their own. They don't need millions of Americans in their country to 'introduce' it to them)..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration