Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
How about we enforce our laws.
Excellent Idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 08:49 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hate towards them? These ralley's waving a mexican flag chanting anti-american slogans doesn't count?
I myself don't hate the people I hate their crimes as do most americans, not many but most. Last poll I saw had the number right around 70% of americans are opposed to amnesty.
According to the US state dept website, this is the Mexican govt's take on protests:

Quote:
The Mexican Constitution prohibits political activities by foreigners, and such actions may result in detention and/or deportation. Travelers should avoid political demonstrations and other activities that might be deemed political by the Mexican authorities. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. U.S. citizens are urged to avoid the areas of demonstrations, and to exercise caution if in the vicinity of any protests.
But we are supposed to treat tthem like royalty over here eh?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
According to the US state dept website, this is the Mexican govt's take on protests:

But we are supposed to treat tthem like royalty over here eh?
ELO Time album Rocks!!!!!!
Its funny how everyone expects us to turn the other cheek. We need to be more generous. We need to give more aid. Its always the USA that needs to foot the bill.
We don't owe them anything. We need to be civil. We need to make sure they are not rewarded for their crimes.
At the same time we need to be cautious. Legal immigraants from Mexico and Americans of Mexican descent need to treated fairly like any other US Citizen. That said those who facilitate these crimes need to be punished regardless of race.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:13 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
At the same time we need to be cautious. Legal immigraants from Mexico and Americans of Mexican descent need to treated fairly like any other US Citizen. That said those who facilitate these crimes need to be punished regardless of race.
That is true, but with so many going off half cocked, they are going to harm what they think is an illegal, but may in fact be legal, and they they will have crossed the line and may find themselves doing some hard time themselves.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:52 AM

31 posts, read 58,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
That is true, but with so many going off half cocked, they are going to harm what they think is an illegal,.
I hope you have some proof and examples to prove a ridiculous statement like that. I've yet to meet anyone go "half-cocked" and harm any immigrant, legal or illegal so it's hard for me to believe "so many" are doing this.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:22 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder View Post
I hope you have some proof and examples to prove a ridiculous statement like that. I've yet to meet anyone go "half-cocked" and harm any immigrant, legal or illegal so it's hard for me to believe "so many" are doing this.
I don't know, Bob....I worry nonetheless. Last evening I walked through a very affluent shopping mall...VERY sophisticated crowd, mostly white, well-dressed and obviously educated. At least 3/4 of the conversations I overheard involved people planning to "hurt" or "harm" illegals, and the MAJORITY of the crowd appeared to be AT LEAST "Half-Cocked", if not MORE...One especially outpoken guy, I would be willing to bet money, was "3/4 Cocked". Everyone today, it seems, is 'out to get illegals', and the fact that there are only about 20 million here, shows that they're 'staying away in droves'...

Old 09-19-2008, 04:11 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't know, Bob....I worry nonetheless. Last evening I walked through a very affluent shopping mall...VERY sophisticated crowd, mostly white, well-dressed and obviously educated. At least 3/4 of the conversations I overheard involved people planning to "hurt" or "harm" illegals, and the MAJORITY of the crowd appeared to be AT LEAST "Half-Cocked", if not MORE...One especially outpoken guy, I would be willing to bet money, was "3/4 Cocked". Everyone today, it seems, is 'out to get illegals', and the fact that there are only about 20 million here, shows that they're 'staying away in droves'...
Wow---3/4ths of the entire mall was discussing ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION??? Thats a lot of people..so only 1/4th were talking about Sarah Palin, NObama, and the scary financial situation in Washington? Did anyone discuss "fringe" on FOX?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:34 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow---3/4ths of the entire mall was discussing ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION??? Thats a lot of people..so only 1/4th were talking about Sarah Palin, NObama, and the scary financial situation in Washington? Did anyone discuss "fringe" on FOX?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Oh, I noticed the same thing at the Chicago Symphony last night. Women wearing diamonds and fur coats were standing around in groups discussing semi-automatic handguns during the intermission.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:32 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder View Post
Just read back through the posts and the threats towards illegals from your friends here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration