Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,931,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Kafar, I'm not so sure they do not know about but, you can pretty much bet that they don't care.
Not entirely true of course but it would be no different than you not caring about the fact that we are being invaded by criminals from SOB and they happen to all be illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,065 posts, read 3,596,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't know about you, but there have specifically been threads started on this forum regarding news stories of citizens severely beating & killing illegal immigrants...SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'RE ILLEGAL. Does that help? So yes, yes it does happen whether you choose to believe it or not.
To my recollection there's been ONE thread about that, the man in Shenandoah. The accusation was that there were MANY.

13,387 posts, read 19,450,960 times
Quote:
I don't know about you, but there have specifically been threads started on this forum regarding news stories of citizens severely beating & killing illegal immigrants...SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'RE ILLEGAL. Does that help? So yes, yes it does happen whether you choose to believe it or not.
That's not proof, that speculation.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
To my recollection there's been ONE thread about that, the man in Shenandoah. The accusation was that there were MANY.
It seems that the people who love the illegals will say many when in fact, only one happened. But, it seems to be their way.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times
Quote:
No doubt about it, it does happen. Just like some individuals and gangs target whites for crimes like car jacking and robbery rape and murder. It happens but does not in my opinion represent the majority of any race.
The issue with illegals is the fact that they are here illegally. If we secured our borders and did a background check we would avoid the majority of violent crimes that illegals commit. Some immigrants might still commit crimes as no system is perfect. Granting amnesty is not a solution nor an answer. Crack down on employers, landlords and the illegals themselves is a solution and an answer. We are already seeing that they are self deporting. Violence against anyone regardless of legal status is wrong and I am against it, with possible exceptions.
1. If they break into your home. What happen happens.
2. If you catch them committing a violent crime and you shoot them. Good.
These are 2 good examples. Same rules would apply if I caught a legalcitizen doing the same.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,569,595 times
Quote:
I find this hard to believe. I don't think there's any way for an enraged citizen, on a dark night, in the heat of anger, can determine whether or not a person is illegal. I think they're killed because they're Mestizo.

I ALSO think your chances of being killed in this particular situation are about like winning the lottery, on a Tuesday. Not a very common occurrence, for all its newsworthiness.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Not entirely true of course but it would be no different than you not caring about the fact that we are being invaded by criminals from SOB and they happen to all be illegals.
Tell it to President Bush, I doubt if he is really busy at this moment.
There are two sides to this forum, the ones that hate the Illegals and the ones that do not hate the illegals. No one is going to agree.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I find this hard to believe. I don't think there's any way for an enraged citizen, on a dark night, in the heat of anger, can determine whether or not a person is illegal. I think they're killed because they're Mestizo.

I ALSO think your chances of being killed in this particular situation are about like winning the lottery, on a Tuesday. Not a very common occurrence, for all its newsworthiness.
But, unfortunately, that may change in the future. That is what I am personally afraid of.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
There are two sides to this forum, the ones that hate the Illegals and the ones that do not hate the illegals. No one is going to agree.
Those of us who happen to be anti-illegal happen to be law abiding people though. Those that help illegals are not. See the difference?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times
Quote:
I disagree. I think one side hates what illegals do and their entitlment mentality.
The other side insists on making excuses for them and saying its the victims fault that they are raped. Legal americans being the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration