Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 10:35 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,683,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well....people rob banks because they want a better life...should we let them?
actually to be fair, banks are much harder to rob in mexico, soldiers with machine guns will cut you in half outside the bank. no miranda no litigation no personal injury suits against the bank or the soldiers. the soldiers are not required to throw down tire spikes or to dodge your car as you try to run them down, or to only shoot if they are fired upon. after the soldier kills you he will not be court martialed or put in jail. in fact the community and bank will thank him as will his CO for doing a good job. a very strange country indeed. its a very unfair system to bank robbers. mexico is so far behind us. there have terrible prejudice and discrimination towards bank robbers. its much better here really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 10:37 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,101,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I can only speak about Chicago, but it is a very large, corrupt city. If every single American and legal resident in the city opposed the sanctuary city policy, I am still not sure anything would change. Daley is more interested in pandering to special interest groups than in doing what the majority of his citizens want, he always has been. And to be real honest, groups that oppose the 'sanctuary city' are massively outgunned. If there were a concerted effort to overturn the sanctuary policy, LaRaza, MALDEF, Lulac, MECHa and a host of others would come down on us like a ton of bricks. Charges of racism, xenophobia and bigotry would fly irrespective of whether or not they were true. Don't forget LaRaza gets millions in gov. funding while we have to rely on raising money through donations from private citizens- no corporate sponsor would touch us with a ten foot pole, even though they have no problem showering money on the ethnic advocacy groups. I personally hope the policy is overturned but I doubt that will be happening anytime soon.
I can understand your anger. I have no idea what LaRaza, Maldef, Lulac or Mecha is. The only place I have even heard of them is on this forum, and I just did not care to check them out. I just realized that there was no way to help the illegals in this country, so thought it would be best in their country to do what I could do, which is not very much, but better than nothing. I have tried to help some of our people, children have a special place in my heart, so I would go to a school and find out what child was the most needy and have them for Christmas dinner, I told my children that a couple of the presents they would have gone to them were going for these two little kids and they thought it was great. I have sent money to Africa, but I can no longer spend what I was once able to. Sorry to rattle on.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,938,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Oh those two were more than capable of holding their own and to their credit, neither were necessarily pro-illegal immigration as in the act itself, but were sypathizers of the illegal aliens themselves.

By the way, they were banned--they didn't just leave because they got their wittle feelings hurt by the big, bad, nasty anti-illegal immigration folks.
I don't think they were banned at all since I can see under their name that they are still considered members. It is good that they are no longer posting in this forum though since all they did was to love illegals like some we know.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
actually to be fair, banks are much harder to rob in mexico, soldiers with machine guns will cut you in half outside the bank. no miranda no litigation no personal injury suits against the bank or the soldiers. the soldiers are not required to throw down tire spikes or to dodge your car as you try to run them down, or to only shoot if they are fired upon. after the soldier kills you he will not be court martialed or put in jail. in fact the community and bank will thank him as will his CO for doing a good job. a very strange country indeed. its a very unfair system to bank robbers. mexico is so far behind us. there have terrible prejudice and discrimination towards bank robbers. its much better here really.
We need to be just Mexico when it comes to immigration laws. They wouldn't be so quick to come here if we were. They are running myself and my family out of CA because of their invasion and take over of the state.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
We need to be just Mexico when it comes to immigration laws. They wouldn't be so quick to come here if we were. They are running myself and my family out of CA because of their invasion and take over of the state.
now now dont be harsh you will have ACLU supporters all over us in a jiffy. fyi 80% of illegal immigration for entire nation comes thru san ysidro 12 miles wide.
a phone call to pendleton could stop it. its been 30 years, no phone call.
they are here bek DC wants them here.
corporate american runs DC.
and the servant of corporate america is GOP/DOD
wana change it, bring back unions.
obama 08

Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
now now dont be harsh you will have ACLU supporters all over us in a jiffy.
I am a latino of Mexican descent and have been called every name in the book for believing that the illegals are wrong and should be deported. I have been called a "coconut" and spit on by other Hispanics and illegal lovers.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:23 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,101,561 times
Quote:
I don't think they were banned at all since I can see under their name that they are still considered members. It is good that they are no longer posting in this forum though since all they did was to love illegals like some we know.
Good, they both were great to have on this forum. What is the problem with people caring about the illegals? It actually shows that against odds, they state how they feel and do not knuckle under with the name calling, etc.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I am a latino of Mexican descent and have been called every name in the book for believing that the illegals are wrong and should be deported. I have been called a "coconut" and spit on by other Hispanics and illegal lovers.
i hear you. i see it a lot. many here are mexican decent and speak spanish pretty good, but are not a member of the club. deportation is a meaningless act if you got a porous border. fence is better. even better is labor unions. then DC might actually look out for our interests.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Good, they both were great to have on this forum. What is the problem with people caring about the illegals? It actually shows that against odds, they state how they feel and do not knuckle under with the name calling, etc.
I guess it was up to them they decided that they could not take the heat.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:36 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,995,512 times
Talking of Mexican music in late hrs of the evening, there is a big difference in "Marachi' and say "Banda Macho" or "Musica Norte". You have a different class of people listening to this music. Each has its own meaning. Folklorico is beautiful. I'm retired in Mexico 15 yrs and traditional music is the way to go. It is the volume sometimes can get tiresome. Lived in Mexico City 3 yrs and when we or the neighbors had a party, the music and dancing was it. No one ever complained because it was one night only (mostly weekends). There was always a wedding party/Quincenera/birthday etc, mostly adults.

Now for the robbing of banks, I can tell you a true story of one. I was having breakfast at a Woolworths restaurant. Heard a lot of sirens and saw a lot of commotion ouside the window across the street. It was at a bank. Next day the newspaper said that there had been an attempted robbery but they got away. A woman police officer (Bank security) with a rifle did not have any bullets therefore could not shoot at the men. Many of the banks have guards scattered around them, out front/ across the street/on roof top across etc, with rifles but they do not have ammo. The military weapons are loaded always while on duty, even at the checkpoints in Baja or in centro Mexico. I speak from experience I had with them. Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration