Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 09:54 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times

Advertisements

Lethal force should be used against anyone throwing rocks. If someone threw rocks at a Police officer they would probably be shot dead. Why are migrants being treated differently? Throwing rocks at the military is an act of engagement and I would like to see those M16s from the US side going to work...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 10:00 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Cry me a river. Illegal aliens cost the USA billions with their cowardly BS, Something you very IGNORANTLY choose to ignore !!!!
They cost the US billions but only a minority of people pay the bulk of the taxes in the country. A vast majority of these Democrat leftists are just a drain on our society and of course they will support bringing in other people as long as they can be supported with other people's money and not their own.

I see all these leftists activists out there at the border championing these migrants to come through, let me ask, how much are these losers contributing to the US tax base? My guess is ZERO, not only that they are probably freeloading off the government themselves.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:01 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Your typical unhinged Trump supporter.
^^^^Wrong!

Do you seriously think that none of those problems exist? If so, then I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

How does pointing out facts amount to being "unhinged"?

I know that you want open borders and unlimited third world immigration. However, we can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves. I want better than that for my descendants. Why don't you want the same for yours?

Old 11-27-2018, 06:40 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
The only reason the migrants have been tolerated in Mexico is because they've had an out. If Trump can keep them at bay just long enough and Mexico realizes that they are now stuck with them, they'll turn on them and we'll be on the same side. It's hard to characterize Tijuana as racist.
This! rep given

Old 11-27-2018, 10:05 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Pretty funny:
People are calling for the UN to intervene and put a stop to the ancient form of capital punishment called stoning. Rightly, so, too. Iran has the highest rate of death by stoning. It's barbaric.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-8846585.html

But when a Border Patrol Agent is stoned it's different! Suddenly those are "harmless rocks" that "won't hurt you" especially if you have a gun. Evidently your gun puts out some sort of force field that makes a rock "harmless". Maybe it turns the rock into Styrofoam, or maybe the rock bounces off. Or maybe the agent is supposed to run away - who knows what liberals think?
TDS is alive and well.

Rocks are harmless? So are bullets. Why, most of them only weigh hardly more than 1/4 ounce.
(438 grains = 1 Oz)

Old 11-27-2018, 11:27 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Th eonly reason the migrants have been tolerated in Mexico is because they've had an out. If Trump can keep them at bay just long enough and Mexico realizes that they are now stuck with them, they'll trun on them and we'll be on the same side. It's hard to characterize Tijuana as racist.
Excellent!

I also find it ironic at how upset those Mexicans are when someone else invades their country now realize how we feel for a change..

Old 11-27-2018, 11:32 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
It's fun to be a liberal until it's your own money.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:52 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Bravo for George Soros. He is actually doing something about it.

In 2016, he earmarked $500 million "for investments that specifically address the needs of migrants, refugees and host communities . . . to invest in startups, established companies, social-impact initiatives and businesses founded by migrants and refugees themselves."

This should make conservatives happy.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:58 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

In 2016, he earmarked $500 million "for investments that specifically address the needs of migrants, refugees and host communities . . . to invest in startups, established companies, social-impact initiatives and businesses founded by migrants and refugees themselves."

This should make conservatives happy.

I'd be more impressed and happy if he helped our own citizens start businesses and addressed their needs instead.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:45 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

In 2016, he earmarked $500 million "for investments that specifically address the needs of migrants, refugees and host communities . . . to invest in startups, established companies, social-impact initiatives and businesses founded by migrants and refugees themselves."..........
...businesses founded by migrants and refugees themselves."...

Fine. Refugees - the people who legally seek refuge in the US - have always been welcome here. Same with migrants who enter legally.
None of this has anything to do with the people who rush the border in hopes of making it across.
In fact, I think I'll "earmark $500M" for the same thing. There. Done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration