Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 973 times

Advertisements

I'll just keep this short and sweet. I have lived in Nashville for two years and I love almost everything about this bustling city....... except for the damned huge population of illegals. I'm not a racist, I just have no respect for those that habitually break the law, and by living in this country illegally, these people are breaking the law with every step they take.

They are bankrupting our health care system and overcrowding our schools and jails, driving on our roads (usually drunk) with no insurance, and causing a host of other problems. I don't want any part of it.

Okay, so here's my question: where in Tennessee can I experience the luxuries of Nashville (incredible nightlife, usually pleasant weather, hot chicks, strong economy) without the constant presence of illegals?

Please help.

Old 12-15-2006, 03:38 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Instead of complaining about it, take some steps to fix it. Write congress, write TNs govt, do something. Join a action group or start one. Come together people. Put an end to this garbage, its time.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:09 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,263 times
It would be nice if we could take some steps on fixing the problems with illegals, the gov't is why they are here to start with. There's not enough people in this country with a back bone anymore to stand up to our gov't, too many people worry about being politically correct anymore.
I read somewhere a couple months or so ago that TN is one of the top states in the nation for attracting illegals. I wonder why?

Old 12-15-2006, 04:17 PM

61 posts, read 582,694 times
You have no way of knowing whether ANY Mexican in Tennessee is a legal immigrant or not...and it's outrageous that you have the audacity to say that Mexicans are usually driving the roads drunk. I would prefer the company of ANY immigrant to the U.S. over a slug like you who enjoys Nashville because of its nightlife, pleasant weather, and hot chicks. You are a loathesome character.

Frank Benson

Old 12-15-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTinTennessee View Post
Who says that I haven't taken steps to correct this problem myself? It's hard fighting a damned army of illegals by myself, especially when they have the support of all these damned civil liberty and equal rights groups. God ****, I believe in equal rights too, but for American CITIZENS.

My question though is simple: what are some other options for me in Tennessee where I can have access to the same types of amenities as in Nashville but without all the illegals?
I DONT know if youve done anything, nor did I imply you havent. I just suggested you DO something about it, thats all. Re-read my post.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbenson View Post
You have no way of knowing whether ANY Mexican in Tennessee is a legal immigrant or not...and it's outrageous that you have the audacity to say that Mexicans are usually driving the roads drunk. I would prefer the company of ANY immigrant to the U.S. over a slug like you who enjoys Nashville because of its nightlife, pleasant weather, and hot chicks. You are a loathesome character.

Frank Benson
Immigrants are fine, illegals are NOT. And if you think hes far from the truth, I invite you to pick up ANY local paper up here (in Chicagoland) and read the police reports. Every other report is a Juan Martinez, driving drunk, no license or registration, tried giving cops false name, arrested. Over and over and over and over again I see this on a daily basis. It was starting to get bad when I was living in Clarksville, TN too. Id pick up the paper and read the police reports and guess what? Yep! Jorge Lopez arrested for drunk driving, no license, warrant for arrest, tried to give false name to police. Its happening all over the country. Take a stand!!!!

Look at that scumball illegal here in Chicago who has barracaded herself in a church to prevent deportation. She was arrested before for stealing someones SS# and deported. She snuck back AGAIN, got busted working under ANOTHER persons SS# (again) and refused to turn herself into the INS for deportation. All this crap and shes refusing deportation based on her "rights". Screw that. Shes a law breaker, we're paying for it, and shes using some innocent person's SS#. Rights? Also, Swift-Eckrich just busted out lots of other illegals, working under other peoples' SS#s. When will this crap stop????

Old 12-15-2006, 04:37 PM

43 posts, read 159,499 times
Default Illegals

Dude, Try Living In South Florida, 20 X Worse!!!! Let's Build Awall And Call It The Great Wall Of Illegals.......

Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 PM

20 posts, read 78,144 times
Default Illegals

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbenson View Post

Frank Benson
All you have to do is look at them to know if they are legal or not. There is a distinct look the ones that are not legal and that look is drunk. I live in california and you cant even being to imagine how many illegals there are here. It is disgusting that they get to break the law and then get free medical and free food and send them to schools where the teachers are mandated to teach them in spanish for a half an hour a day while my son sits in a corner and does a puzzle. I am pretty sure if I went to mexico that they wouldnt spend three minutes teaching my kid in english. All they do is take and take and take and contribute nothing but dirtiness and illegal acts around them. I for one am disgusted by the whole thing. I work hard every day and so does my husband and I dont get free food, and I dont get free medical and I dont drive a brand new SUV and I am a legal citizen. This has to stop. if you would rather be with a illegal mexican than with an american citizen then pack your stuff and move to mexico. Then let's see how fast you come back here.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:43 PM

81 posts, read 469,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTinTennessee View Post

They are bankrupting our health care system and overcrowding our schools and jails, driving on our roads (usually drunk) with no insurance, and causing a host of other problems. I don't want any part of it.

Please help.
You forgot to mention that they are also voting in our elections for the liberals who pander to them. By 2025 you won't recognize this country. It is true that we are a nation of immigrants but the big difference between past immigrants and the current wave is that the illegals from Mexico have no intention of assimilating into American culture. They want to change our culture to suit them and a generation of political correctness and the dumbing down of the American populace has created an environment in which it will be possible for us to lose our National identity. A nation needs three things in order to exist, they are: Language, Borders and Culture. Our borders are nonexistent, we are losing our language every time we make concessions in favor of bilingualism (in some cases trilingualism such as in Michigan where all state forms are in English, Spanish and Arabic. We even have Arabic speakers available at the welfare office so they can get their food stamps) and by 2025 our culture will be lost in large part because of illegal immigration, but also because of the deliberate dumbing down of our children by the public school systems in regards to our history, heritage and national pride.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
One of the reasons we moved out of SW Florida was because of this. We lived in a nice neighborhood, yet half of our daughter's Kindergarten class were kids that only spoke Spanish. My daughter had NO papers for six weeks, but she came home with about an hour's worth of homework. That's CRAZY for a Kindergartener. I knew darn well that the teacher just didn't have the time to teach. All of her school announcements were in English/Spanish. Even the school marquee was in both.

At the same time, I was looking for a county or state job. My mom retired from the state of CT. She encouraged me to apply. I have a customer service background. Unfortunately, that meant that I would be a government worker dealing with the public. You guessed it. I'd have to be binlingual. And Fort Myers is not known for having a lot of illegals, I mean not like Miami.

When I went to sign my daughter out of school, because we were moving, the office worker was bilingual. Couldn't even spell "Tennessee."

The newspaper did a story on us moving out of Florida, how we were priced out of the market. It was on the front page of the business section. I went to Walgreen's to buy the paper and see the story. The clerk spoke English with a heavy accent. I showed her the paper. I said something like, "Isn't this terrible, how we were priced right out of the market." She said she thought the housing prices were fine. Of course they were to her, they buy these houses and then live 15 people to a house. She was actually smirking at me!

Anyway, I didn't know they had a lot of illegals in Nashville. We're in Knoxville now. They are here but there are not a lot of them. Then again, I am comparing it with Fort Myers, Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration