Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2006, 11:29 AM

512 posts, read 1,758,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph2 View Post
What is really sad,America as a whole has let down each other.As an employeer:Americans won't show up reagularly,They want to live like a king with no experience,They sell and use drugs because the money is better,They think they are to good to work,The
few that do does not do quality work.
Bills still come in regularly,insurance is out of control,taxes are out of control.You want to blame and cry but businesses are what keeps this country in the middle of the road.Not the uneducated lower class workers.most are spending everything they can rake and scrape for drugs.What are we to do?We are winners in a world with everyone against us.
This is the placement for illegalls,They show up for work,work for less, fulfill the needs to keep the country moving.For we can't depend on this bunch of cryers.If they would go into business and work the illegals wouldn't be needed.Until America makes a turn around itself crying is only allowing it to get worse.
I was 18 working at a fast food restaurant for minimun.Advanced quickly to 2nd mgr.I jumped for an opportunity to lease a restaurant of my own.Now at 25 I am financially independant.If I can do it anyone can.I hire low class to mop floors,paint,haul trash,clean and do everything like this with my 26 businesses.Yes illegals waste almost everything they make for boos and will never get any better.
Until taxes are lowered,insurance is lowered,intrest rates are lowered,
gas prices are lowered,drug addicts are excacuted it will not get better.Our
low and middle class get off their lazy tale ends and gets to work.It will only get worse.If Americans pull their share of the load we all can win.

Umm...actually, statistically speaking, Americans work more then their European cousins, and with less vacation time. I don't know too many people that work less then 40 hours (except me ). Most work 60 or more. Unfortunately, they are all trying to keep up with the Joneses.

I would say that hiring illegal immigrants is the lazy man's way of paying someone to do a job.

1,703 posts, read 6,478,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Mexico is one of the richest of the Latin American countries. The wealthy enslave their own people and export their poverty-stricken to the US (and they hire Guatamalans to do their housecleaning, landscaping, etc. because the wealthy Mexicans say Mexican workers are lazy). I think Bush wants the same set-up here. Allowing illegal aliens to come into this country and depress wages for ALL Americans is a step in that agenda.
Mexico, take care of your own! One of the richest, if not THE richest country in Latin America, SHAME!
Yeah, the government may have money, but numerous people are below the poverty line. Not to mention, almost all of Latin America is submersed in poverty. No, the wealthy don't force the poor people into the United States. The government is pleased when folks come to the U.S., because it increases the circulation of money into Mexico. The wealthy Mexicans say the Mexican Workers, give me one set of proof. Bush has increased the Border Presence by 1/3, and has signed every legislation ensuring the border be secured. Sorry if I sound offensive, this was not my intention.

30,445 posts, read 52,132,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Ya know why whites won't say in public what they say in private? This is because doing so can lead to physical, poltical, economic, and social harm, and even possibly litigation.

When the minutemen marched against illegal immigration in many cities, they were harassed and physically assaulted by thousands people who disagreed with them. When whites make racially insensitive remarks at work, they are almost immediately terminated. Trent Lott made a remarks at a birthday party to a man that was once a segregationist and despite the innocence of the context, this led to a political firestorm and he had to go on BET and apologize for his words and he lost his leadership position for several years. Making racially insensitive remarks will also cause whites to lose social status and be looked upon as a bigot.

This type of treatment happens to no other ethnic groups but whites. I could go on and on with examples, but if you've spent any time in this country and are not completely blind, I'm sure you've seen it. I'm not trying to defend or agree with any disgusting comments, but we need free speech for our society to function and thank God almighty the internet exists so people can vent their frustration, even if it is seen as bigotted--isn't that the point of free speech???
Oh, boo-hoo... get over it, whites (men in particular) are still the golden children of this country, and there's a reason why you'll be "chastized" for making racial slurs - because it's wrong. And there's a big difference between jokes and SLURS or racism, before you bring up stuff like Def Comedy Jam. I'm not saying that racially-motivated comments are okay by other races, but puuuulease don't give us the "poor white man" speech! But by all means, if someone's that desperate to be an open racist, go for it... personally I don't understand why you'd care about this right, unless you really want to be bigoted. It doesn't matter to me, since I'd never want to make these comments anyway...

P.S. You can't be persecuted by the government for SAYING racist things, unless a personal lawsuit is brought against you.... and that can be done by your precious white people too.

Last edited by gizmo980; 12-29-2006 at 11:40 AM..

Old 12-29-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
They do so b/c they're protected by the anonymity of the internet. Half of these fools wouldn't have the balls to say it in public. Yep. You also see them on craigslist in the Rant and Rave section spouting off racial slurs and their hatred towards the evil iilegal immigrants. Who needs white hoods these days when you can be a coward online.
Amen. I'd love to meet these people in person, and see what they have to say... in fact, I would really love to show them around my town, which is 68% Latino and 23% Black. It would be quite amusing to watch them make racist comments around here, LOL.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Just looking for equal treatment to be an idiot or equal treatment for using racially charged speech, no matter your race.
The day when non-whites are treated fairly otherwise, I'd support what you're saying... but the fact is that they still aren't, and white hate-groups are infinitely more dangerous than any other types. Just look at the history of racism in this country, and you'll see who the worst perpetrators are. I won't say that "reverse racism" doesn't exist, since we all know it does, and it's not right coming from anyone... but I can understand the frustration of being a non-white, since I've been treated as one for most of my life (as a Jew). Trust me, it's no party to be on the other side of bigotry.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:39 AM

Just as white folks need to steer away from stereotypes, generalizations, and racism. Those of non-white origin must stay clear of reverse racism. Both are wrong, and there should be no pointing fingers. If you are doing the right thing, you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, Gizmo is right, you would be mauled for saying racial comments in a racially diverse community. It is funny.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:45 AM

512 posts, read 1,758,877 times
Racism of all forms is plain old stupid.

Any form of hate groups are equally dangerous. Saying a white hate group is more dangerous is completely off. Most white people dismiss white hate groups as stupid and irritating. Unfortunately, the 12 Lost Tribes of Israel (a group that sets up tables in Times Square) creates as much animosity as the KKK.

I had nothing to do with slavery or jim crowe. I wasn't around until 79. I grew up in a racially diverse community. I don't understand racism, and see no benefit to it.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:47 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,706,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I stated a different, compassionate perspective. Most people don't see poverty and individuals in despair, they only see illegal, criminal, alien...Poverty is a world problem. It's not our responsibility to take care of these people, but we have the ability to see the troubles of their homeland and feel sick to our stomach for them. For example, those folks out there who work around the construction business as an interior designer and possibly engage with Latinos.
Yes I see lots of poverty, and I do feel for them, but it gets hard when I hear another baby has been born into that poverty and it is child number 5.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
Charming.

Honestly, that's one of the most disgusting posts I've ever seen on here.

People on this site go ridiculously overboard.
I agree, that was a really disgusting comment. I actually think it should be deleted from this forum (moderators??), for violent and racist content... the rules clearly state that this type of "speech" is unacceptable here, and yet I see it in one forum after another. This particular post was even worse than most, but I still think these forums are filled with hatred... not as bad as un-moderated message boards I've visited, but it's still pretty awful. I'm all for free speech, but I came on this site for nice discussions - and was particularly attracted to the strict moderation & control, since I simply don't need to read that crap. If I wanted to see bigotry and hate, I'd visit the (now defunct, thank goodness) Yahoo! message board cesspool.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:53 AM

You know whose partially to blame is the comedians. Larry the Cable Guy, Dave Chappelle, George Lopez, Carlos Mencia, and there are others who use racial jokes, even subtle, to enhance a performance. I know we are old enough to make our own personal decisions, but this humor is disrespectful and uncalled for, and easily permeates society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration