Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times

Advertisements

I dont use racial slus, I dont believe in it, but as a white person, i do get tired of being blamed for slavery (my family came over from Germany and Ireland after the slavery ended) and I get tired of being called "cracker" white bread and many other forms of slurs. It isnt just stereotyping the white man does, people of color do it just as much. A white person goes to a non white neighborhood and says some racial slurs and will get the crap beat out of him. Person of color does it in a n all white neighborhood, gets the crap beat out of him, then the lawsuits starts and ACLU comes out calls it a disgrace and on and on and on. If both sides are going to play the race game (which they BOTH do) it should be seen equally wrong on both sides.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:01 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,336,671 times
People on this forum sometimes go way too far when speaking of illegal aliens, and when they do it's usually towards illegals of latin American descent, and not European or Canadian illegals, which are plenty in numbers. I live in NYC and I Know of many employers that hire illegal Irish, Russians, Albanians and others for cheaper wages. I won't even mention Asians that come to this country by the boatloads. It's the brown faces I suspect pisses certain ppl off. If you subsitute the words "white ppl", "black ppl", with the words "illegals immigrants" on most of these posts, there would be a lot of banned folks on this forum.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes I see lots of poverty, and I do feel for them, but it gets hard when I hear another baby has been born into that poverty and it is child number 5.
That I agree with 100%, and can't understand why since you can receive birth control for free in most places. But I also know of many American born ppl who do the same to continue receiving more welfare.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:09 PM

I dont know about anyone else but I dont care what color they are !!! Illegals are illegals, I personally hate it when the race card is pulled. Racism will NEVER end until people quit calling upon that card.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,473,104 times
Quote:
I dont use racial slus, I dont believe in it, but as a white person, i do get tired of being blamed for slavery (my family came over from Germany and Ireland after the slavery ended) and I get tired of being called "cracker" white bread and many other forms of slurs. It isnt just stereotyping the white man does, people of color do it just as much. A white person goes to a non white neighborhood and says some racial slurs and will get the crap beat out of him. Person of color does it in a n all white neighborhood, gets the crap beat out of him, then the lawsuits starts and ACLU comes out calls it a disgrace and on and on and on. If both sides are going to play the race game (which they BOTH do) it should be seen equally wrong on both sides.
This is all very true. I have had numerous personal run-ins with racism, and I began to realize racism is all isolated incidences these days, hardly any corporate racism exists anymore.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
That I agree with that 100%, and can't understand why since you can receive birth control for free in most places. But I also know of many American born ppl who do the same to continue receiving more welfare.
The Americans shooting out babies and using the system as a crutch irritates me as well.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I dont know about anyone else but I dont care what color they are !!! Illegals are illegals, I personally hate it when the race card is pulled. Racism will NEVER end until people quit calling upon that card.

Maybe for you Illegals are illegals, but not for many. Its not a race card it's reality!!

Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,088,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
People on this forum sometimes go way too far when speaking of illegal aliens, and when they do it's usually towards illegals of latin American descent, and not European or Canadian illegals, which are plenty in numbers. I live in NYC and I now of many employers that hire illegal Irish, Russians, Albanians and others for cheaper wages. I won't even mention Asians that come to this country by the boatloads. It's the brown faces I suspect pisses certain ppl off. If you subsitute the words "white ppl", "black ppl", with the words "illegals immigrants" on most of these posts, there would be a lot of banned folks on this forum.

Wake up, the majority of illegals are latino.

European illegals??? You are joking right? What, swim across the Atlantic, stowaway on a ship or airplane?

Yes it certainly disturbs me the amount of illegal Germans in this country these days. They dont adapt to the American culture, and about everything has a German subtitle to it.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Wake up, the majority of illegals are latino.

European illegals??? You are joking right? What, swim across the Atlantic, stowaway on a ship or airplane?

Yes it certainly disturbs me the amount of illegal Germans in this country these days. They dont adapt to the American culture, and about everything has a German subtitle to it.
I think you need to wake up!! In NYC where I live and I'm sure plenty other states there are many of illegals that are not Latino. And I do understand most are latinos, still no excuse for vile jokes.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:24 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,473,104 times
[quote=_native;235942]Wake up, the majority of illegals are latino.
QUOTE]

WHY?
Because they are geographically well positioned and many of them are tied down by poverty in their country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration