Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these MOST characterizes your reason for being concerned about illegal immigration?
The lawlessness that this country is experiencing from illegal aliens 2 6.90%
The future of this country, and how uncontrolled alien invasion will affect us later 15 51.72%
The enormous cost burden that they are having on us 7 24.14%
Your job. 0 0%
Your safety. 1 3.45%
Other. 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:31 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,707,226 times

Advertisements

Which of these MOST characterizes your reason for being concerned about illegal immigration?

I know I made this poll hard, but I know that each of us has one specific reason that rises above others that causes us to be concerned about unchecked illegal invasion. Please, try your best to find an answer that suits you and your strongest feeling towards illegal immigration invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 02:09 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,095,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Which of these MOST characterizes your reason for being concerned about illegal immigration?

I know I made this poll hard, but I know that each of us has one specific reason that rises above others that causes us to be concerned about unchecked illegal invasion. Please, try your best to find an answer that suits you and your strongest feeling towards illegal immigration invasion.
My concern is more for the illegal than the other way around. You can argue till you are blue in the face, but if you have a problem with immigration you can lay it on the feet of our goverment. It is like having a guest come visit and you are ready for them to go home, the difference being is that this has become the Illegals home. So to all of a sudden tell a group of people that you no longer want them and you want them to go home, it is still up to the goverment to deal with it.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
My concern is more for the illegal than the other way around. You can argue till you are blue in the face, but if you have a problem with immigration you can lay it on the feet of our goverment. It is like having a guest come visit and you are ready for them to go home, the difference being is that this has become the Illegals home. So to all of a sudden tell a group of people that you no longer want them and you want them to go home, it is still up to the goverment to deal with it.
When an American citizen enters another country legally they are not permitted to stay indefinitely simply because they would like to. The immigration laws of that country determine how long they will remain there. Since the illegals have unilaterally decided that the US is their 'home', this somehow entitles them to remain here? If I move into your home/apartment uninvited and stay irrespective of whether or not you want me to does that mean your dwelling is now my home?

Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,095,579 times
I believe the goverment allowed it, I stated my feeling on how I feel about the topic, and you certainly have yours

Old 04-07-2008, 03:08 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,498,648 times
Default The future of this country, and how uncontrolled alien invasion will affect us later

The future of this country, and how uncontrolled alien invasion will affect us later...

If you have been around as long as I have., And look back 30 years today is later. When I live and worked in the Los Angeles area I wonder where this illegal stuff was going. Now today we say the same thing. 30 years ago it was bad then, But we could still hire Americans to work for us and do yard work. Today just look where it has gone, And another 30 years if something is not done, What do all of you think it will be like. Their are many places in Los Angeles you think you crossed over the border without knowing it. Some of these towns look more like Mexico than America. And in another 30 years??

Old 04-07-2008, 06:37 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,566,840 times
My MAIN concern is this....the USA is an "experiment"..no one KNOWS if it will 'last', because nobody's ever HAD a country put together like this before. It theoretically specifies no required religion, ethnicity, race, or anything ELSE, in order to 'join' our society, nor do we have practically ANY obligations, either...EXCEPT adherence to 'the law'. The system of LAWS that we are all expected to 'submit' to is the only way in which we're defined as a 'country' at all.

Illegal immigration now puts that rather fragile concept in jeopardy. It involves a HUGE number of our leaders...both societal 'movers' as well as elected officials, and even judges and sworn law enforcement types...right up to the President himself....publically IGNORING a law, simply because they find it 'inconvenient'....and they just don't feel like 'discussing' it, either.

This, I think, more than anything else, threatens our future. Todays 10 and 12-year olds will remember this forever. What example will they take from this, as they enter their adult years. What happens to the NEXT law that some powerful group feels IT shouldn't obey...simply because they don't 'agree with it'?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:42 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,640,258 times
You should have put a choice of "All the above"

Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,596,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You should have put a choice of "All the above"
Which is why I voted 'Other'...

Old 04-08-2008, 09:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,577,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Which is why I voted 'Other'...
I also voted 'Other' because all of the available options equally concern me -- with the exception of losing my job to an illegal. However, it is equally disturbing that other Americans are in fact losing jobs to cheap illegal labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration