Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 12:59 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,667,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Many said/say the same about Black people too AZ, do you think it is culture for them too? Yet I know many Hispanics and Blacks that have done very very well.

If by culture you mean POOR? Because it is tough for many to accelerate when they are poor and live in a chaotic environment.

Was anyone here ever poor?
I was! I didn't beat anybody up, either......is there anybody else that posts here that grew up outside of an ivory tower? That maybe doesn't romanticize living in a gang banging neighborhood?

These are people, mach50, not animals. They know what they can get away with, and they thought they could get away with beating that girl up. Turns out they couldn't. A very valuable lesson learned by those 14 year olds.....hopefully a lesson they didn't learn too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 01:14 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,544,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I was! I didn't beat anybody up, either......is there anybody else that posts here that grew up outside of an ivory tower? That maybe doesn't romanticize living in a gang banging neighborhood?

These are people, mach50, not animals. They know what they can get away with, and they thought they could get away with beating that girl up. Turns out they couldn't. A very valuable lesson learned by those 14 year olds.....hopefully a lesson they didn't learn too late.
Well growing up in Miami and L.A. I wonder if people cannot be animals.

Can't you see it is a controversial topic amongst adults?

Did you watch O'Rielly vs Geraldo? If adults can't handle it, what makes you think children would?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,667,168 times
Quote:
Well growing up in Miami and L.A. I wonder if people cannot be animals.

Can't you see it is a controversial topic amongst adults?

Did you watch O'Rielly vs Geraldo? If adults can't handle it, what makes you think children would?
Unlike O'Reilly and Geraldo, who are best argumentative windbags, this girl was not getting into anybodys face chanting racist slogans and/or threatening to call ICE on them or their families. If that had been the case, this thread would be a lot different. As it is, they read something they didn't like and responded with violence. I'm sorry that this has become the norm in LA and Miami, perhaps what is needed is more principles in this country with cajones (notice my bi lingualism) to stop barbaric behavior from children whatever the age, whatever their home life, whatever their legal status.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:08 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,223,976 times
Quote:
Many said/say the same about Black people too AZ, do you think it is culture for them too? Yet I know many Hispanics and Blacks that have done very very well.

If by culture you mean POOR? Because it is tough for many to accelerate when they are poor and live in a chaotic environment.

Was anyone here ever poor?
Now: if we are going to play your game by your rules--------please explain why Jewish people are so damn successful socio-economically way out of proportion to their numbers?

Keep in mind that I am referring to Jews everywhere------even in Latin America.

Remember too there was that 'little' thing called the Holocaust 60 some years ago that destroyed one Jew out of 4----------read that they suffered much worse in a ca. 6 year span than even Black slaves from Africa.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,890,850 times
Default Attackers should be punished

Okay, maybe she should have used more common sense, given the large hispanic population in her school, but she had a right to make that sign.

Destroying that sign was wrong and attacking her was way out of line. I hope they prosecute those involved and deport those who attacked her if in fact they are here illegally. I support putting those who attacked her in jail.

Did they ever get this on camera? If not, I would imagine the thugs involved knew where the cameras are located and attacked her in a "blind spot." Clearly, the assistant principal is not looking out for this young lady's best interests and trying to cover his butt and the school's butt.

I hope this doesn't turn into another GINA 6 ordeal where the liberal media forces thugs to get out of prison.

She and her family definitely have a lawsuit against the school and those who attacked her. Of course those who attacked her most likely don't have the deep pockets of the school corporation so guess who gets to pay for this, the taxpayer.

Illegal immigration is against the law. I agree with you on this one, just not on how many of you plan on sending those who are already here back and lets face it talk of enforcement of existing laws is just well, talk. Most of these folks are law abiding and just need to be put on the system so they can start paying taxes instead of getting essentially what is a free ride on healthcare for them and their american born kids. BUT, you aren't sending these folks back. They are here and we have to find ways to deal with that, hopefully in a constructive manner.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:18 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,766,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Okay, maybe she should have used more common sense, given the large hispanic population in her school, but she had a right to make that sign.

Destroying that sign was wrong and attacking her was way out of line. I hope they prosecute those involved and deport those who attacked her if in fact they are here illegally. I support putting those who attacked her in jail.

Did they ever get this on camera? If not, I would imagine the thugs involved knew where the cameras are located and attacked her in a "blind spot." Clearly, the assistant principal is not looking out for this young lady's best interests and trying to cover his butt and the school's butt.

I hope this doesn't turn into another GINA 6 ordeal where the liberal media forces thugs to get out of prison.

She and her family definitely have a lawsuit against the school and those who attacked her. Of course those who attacked her most likely don't have the deep pockets of the school corporation so guess who gets to pay for this, the taxpayer.

Illegal immigration is against the law. I agree with you on this one, just not on how many of you plan on sending those who are already here back and lets face it talk of enforcement of existing laws is just well, talk. Most of these folks are law abiding and just need to be put on the system so they can start paying taxes instead of getting essentially what is a free ride on healthcare for them and their american born kids. BUT, you aren't sending these folks back. They are here and we have to find ways to deal with that, hopefully in a constructive manner.
Do you people even read the whole story? The "attackers" are citizens and the so called attack only warranted an in school suspension. I think most of you are blinded to the real facts in the case, the fact that the girl is white and the "attackers" are latino is cause enough for the latino students to be thrown in jail and deported.

You supported the Jena 6 being thrown in jail but you are furious about the "injustice" of this case? Hmm i wonder if it has to do with skin color.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:21 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,344,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
... and the so called attack only warranted an in school suspension.

For the moment ........

I feel there are more chapters of this story to come - a complaint has now evidently been referred to the FBI.

I see a Hate Crime lawsuit coming out of this too ....

Old 04-09-2008, 02:26 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,890,850 times
Default The Attackers

If the attackers are all US citizens, which I find hard to believe, send them to jail and prosecute them as adults for a hate crime. At least put them in juvenile detention.

You can't deport people who were born here, regardless of what they did.

The school is going to get sued either way, regardless of if it only suspended the students or sent them to jail.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
For the moment ........

I feel there are more chapters of this story to come - a complaint has now evidently been referred to the FBI.

I see a Hate Crime lawsuit coming out of this too ....
The all seeing and all knowing Greatday has spoken.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
If the attackers are all US citizens, which I find hard to believe, send them to jail and prosecute them as adults for a hate crime. At least put them in juvenile detention.

You can't deport people who were born here, regardless of what they did.

The school is going to get sued either way, regardless of if it only suspended the students or sent them to jail.
You can only send them to jail and prosecute them for a hate crime if indeed a hate crime was committed. The fact is what they did is not a hate crime and doesn't deserve even juvenille detention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration