Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the East Texas teen who was beaten for expressing immigration views? (see th
I COMPLETELY support the young girl. She has every right to express her views. 33 89.19%
The latino students felt threatened and they reacted. Their actions may have been a bit excessive however. 1 2.70%
No opinion-too lazy to read the thread 1 2.70%
Other 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,584 times

Advertisements

What is your opinion on the East Texas teen who was beaten for expressing immigration views?

The thread is below, please refer to it for the story.

//www.city-data.com/forum/immig...r-history.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,578 times
I feel she had a right to express her view.
sad that the kids are still in school.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:07 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,547 times
Provide poll which is a little more substantive and less biased and perhaps I will trouble to vote

Old 04-08-2008, 08:49 PM

13 posts, read 25,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I feel she had a right to express her view.
sad that the kids are still in school.
True she did have the right to express her views, but the way society promotes illegals like their some new form of the plague and constantly showing them in a negative light(im not disregarding that their illegal). How is the girl not supposed to feel like that Mexican boy/girl(s) in her math class is even worthy of breathing Americas air. The new generation are starting to have to endure the trials of older immigrants, like wise with traditional American citizens who have been here more than 200 years and are agaisn't immigration even thought their immigrants themselves(England, monarchy blah, blah, blah) are constantly indoctrinating their children into hating a generation that should be trying to fix something thats thought as a threat to this country...

It's an endless cycle of hypocrisy...

Sorry if my ideas are kind of everywhere im trying to get a handle on how to approach this forum and it's users...

Old 04-08-2008, 08:50 PM

307 posts, read 522,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
What is your opinion on the East Texas teen who was beaten for expressing immigration views?

The thread is below, please refer to it for the story.

//www.city-data.com/forum/immig...r-history.html
She wasn't expressing her views, She was ASSIGNED THIS AS A CLASS PROJECT BY A TEACHER .

For all we know like many kids she couldn't care less about politics and simply picked a topic and a side. I personally hope she didn't but you seem to be jumping pretty fast to conclusions about this, unless I missed news report.

To top it off the THREAT YOU PERCEIVE WAS "“If you love your nation, stop illegal immigration.” Yep real threatening.

Athens Review, Athens, Texas - AISD investigates alleged beating

"Students were asked to create “protest signs” dealing with a past issue and a current one by history teacher Janet Skelton."

Random

Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 PM

13 posts, read 25,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Provide poll which is a little more substantive and less biased and perhaps I will trouble to vote
QFT........

Old 04-08-2008, 08:57 PM

Because she didn't say Mexicans, She said illegal. Or do you think All Mexicans are Illegal. Maybe you think all Illegal Immigrants are Mexican. Either way let me assure you many fine Americans are Mexican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-iE EnE最後に!!! View Post
True she did have the right to express her views, but the way society promotes illegals like their some new form of the plague and constantly showing them in a negative light(im not disregarding that their illegal). How is the girl not supposed to feel like that Mexican boy/girl(s) in her math class is even worthy of breathing Americas air.

Random

Old 04-08-2008, 09:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
I think she is a liar.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I think she is a liar.
Based on what. The School District Superintendent Dr. Fred Hayes sure thinks theres something to it, but obviously you know more then he does.

He added that, based on his years in education, he thinks someone approached Melanie and said something inappropriate to “try to scare her.” He said if they didn’t hit her, they at least threatened to hit her.

Could you folks AT LEAST READ the articles before posting. At least your giving me a great laugh, If not a challenge.

Random

Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Based on what. The School District Superintendent Dr. Fred Hayes sure thinks theres something to it, but obviously you know more then he does.

He added that, based on his years in education, he thinks someone approached Melanie and said something inappropriate to “try to scare her.” He said if they didn’t hit her, they at least threatened to hit her.

Could you folks AT LEAST READ the articles before posting. At least your giving me a great laugh, If not a challenge.

Random
Teen hurt after taking illegal immigration sign to school | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5685125.html - broken link)

Read the new update on the story.

The girl wasn't beaten as she claimed.

Last edited by blacknight04; 04-08-2008 at 09:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration