Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:44 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,770,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atownbabe0912 View Post
um okay. Melanie is my BESTFRIEND. i know she didnt lie. yeah the tapes are obvious but hey, try looking at the times on the bottoms of them. you will discover that its the same time in EVERY single hallway, im pretty sure it doesnt take 0.00 seconds to get from A hall to B hall. and if any of you knew her, and wouldnt believe the news reports...maybe you would realize she is the last person to do this. why would she put herself through all this pain and agony for attention? think about it. oh and btw mrs skelton...yeah shes the one who came up with the title and EVERYTHING. melanie's story went nationwide. most mexicans hate her. well damn it go back to mexico if you dont like us protesting about yall coming over the border illegally. theres too many of yall to be coming at once. now im not racist against anyone but it would be nice if the mexicans paid their dues like every other country to come over here to America. Im tired of everyone hating on Melanie because of a stupid project. It wasnt even her fault! it was actually a little skank that i wont mentions name who yelled across the cafeteria, "If you love our nation stop immgration!!!" she didnt even say illegal. it wasnt melanie who started this. and this other girl who i wont mention her name, had a VERY racist comment on mexicans. and it was for all of them. but yet melanie was the one blamed. SO BEFORE YOU GO BELIEVING THE NEWS AND EVERYONE ELSE, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.
Well, i'm melanie and i say you are lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 03:47 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,766,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I've seen myself how the news media edits to make stories sound different to fit their agenda..
As far as the illegal immigration issue, theres lots of cases where people make up stories about their encounters, or exaggerate them to to vilify all illegal aliens. It's propaganda.

For example,

YouTube - Minutemen--Episode 1: Trouble in the Ozarks!

among other examples I've seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration