Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times

Advertisements

"The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants in the United States"

Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Ph.D.

From the author: Please note: This study of illegal immigrants who committed sex crimes in the U.S. was NOT funded by anyone or any group. As a working profiler, I wondered what the statistics were regarding these crimes. I could not find any studies that discussed these offenses and the profile of the offenders, so I did the research myself. Additionally, I was not paid for publishing the results.

Introduction:
After conducting a 12-month in-depth study of illegal immigrants who committed sex crimes and murders for the time period of January 1999 through April 2006, it is clear that the U.S. public faces a dangerous threat from sex predators who cross the U.S. borders illegally.

There were 1,500 cases analyzed in depth.

Read more......

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org..._head_shot.jpg

Family Security Matters (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
I can hear the pro-illegal mantra: "Legal citizens commit crimes too!"

Illegal aliens and their supporters continue to argue that we should not differentiate between crimes committed by U.S. citizens and those perpetrated by foreign nationals illegally residing in our country. Some even label those who make such distinctions as racists.

The standard mantras are:

1. We also have legal citizens who commit crimes -- so what’s the big deal?
2. Not all illegals are violent criminals.
3. What if _________ (fill in the blank).
4. We are all human beings.
5. Would it be less tragic if committed by a legal citizen?

I think most will agree that we have homegrown criminals; not all illegals are violent criminals; we are all human beings; rape is terrible irrespective of perpetrator. If I never leave my house, I am also unlikely to be hit by a car (what if).

I have yet to hear one substantive argument. These crimes are 100% preventable, and should not be tolerated.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:00 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can hear the pro-illegal mantra: "Legal citizens commit crimes too!"

Illegal aliens and their supporters continue to argue that we should not differentiate between crimes committed by U.S. citizens and those perpetrated by foreign nationals illegally residing in our country. Some even label those who make such distinctions as racists.

The standard mantras are:

1. We also have legal citizens who commit crimes -- so what’s the big deal?
2. Not all illegals are violent criminals.
3. What if _________ (fill in the blank).
4. We are all human beings.
5. Would it be less tragic if committed by a legal citizen?

I think most will agree that we have homegrown criminals; not all illegals are violent criminals; we are all human beings; rape is terrible irrespective of perpetrator. If I never leave my house, I am also unlikely to be hit by a car (what if).

I have yet to hear one substantive argument. These crimes are 100% preventable, and should not be tolerated.
I've never understood this 'rationale' either, and have never gotten an answer though I've written several posts on it. Domestic 'home grown' crime is a 'given'..it's part of our society and MUST be dealt with. "Illegal imigrant" crime is NOT a 'given'..it's an "Extra".

The obvious analogy would be the fact that you MUST deal with the misbehavior of YOUR kids...it's your legal responsibilty. But you are NOT required to deal with MY kids' misbehavior when they're at your house. All you have to do is send them home. It's MY responsibility to deal with them.

Notice that there's no 'judgements' or 'slurs' included in this analogy. It makes NO statement whatsoever as to the "criminal nature" of the illegals. It makes no difference whether the illegals are "worse" behaved people, EQUALLY behaved people, or even BETTER behaved people, than the American public as a whole. The fact still remains...the misbehavior of American criminals is America's responsibility, and we really can't complain to anyone ELSE about it. The misbehavior of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, on the other hand, is NOT our responsibility, nor is it our "job" to 'clean up the mess', or bear the costs. That responsibility lies with their HOME country, wherever that might be...

If you WANT to defend illegal immigration, and feel you have a case, please be my guest...I'll listen. But THIS stuff is just NONSENSE, and an insult to my intelligence and everyone else's. Please, no more of this "We shouldn't MIND Illegals committing crimes, because we ALREADY have lots of crime, and we're pretty well USED to it"...Please!!...No more of that garbage. Want to 'speak up' for illegals? You'll have to do better than this....

Good points, Benicar..

Old 04-08-2008, 08:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
I didn't write it, I only posted it.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,573,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've never understood this 'rationale' either, and have never gotten an answer though I've written several posts on it. Domestic 'home grown' crime is a 'given'..it's part of our society and MUST be dealt with. "Illegal imigrant" crime is NOT a 'given'..it's an "Extra".

The obvious analogy would be the fact that you MUST deal with the misbehavior of YOUR kids...it's your legal responsibilty. But you are NOT required to deal with MY kids' misbehavior when they're at your house. All you have to do is send them home. It's MY responsibility to deal with them.

Notice that there's no 'judgements' or 'slurs' included in this analogy. It makes NO statement whatsoever as to the "criminal nature" of the illegals. It makes no difference whether the illegals are "worse" behaved people, EQUALLY behaved people, or even BETTER behaved people, than the American public as a whole. The fact still remains...the misbehavior of American criminals is America's responsibility, and we really can't complain to anyone ELSE about it. The misbehavior of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, on the other hand, is NOT our responsibility, nor is it our "job" to 'clean up the mess', or bear the costs. That responsibility lies with their HOME country, wherever that might be...

If you WANT to defend illegal immigration, and feel you have a case, please be my guest...I'll listen. But THIS stuff is just NONSENSE, and an insult to my intelligence and everyone else's. Please, no more of this "We shouldn't MIND Illegals committing crimes, because we ALREADY have lots of crime, and we're pretty well USED to it"...Please!!...No more of that garbage. Want to 'speak up' for illegals? You'll have to do better than this....

Good points, Benicar..
Thanks, macmeal. Your post is excellent, as usual. Of course, your analogy will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears.

mkfarnam, thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration