Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much does an immigrants inability to speak English irritate you?
It doesnt bother me. 112 32.94%
It bothers me somewhat. 54 15.88%
It really bothers me. 174 51.18%
No opinion, never heard anyone speak anything but English. 0 0%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:44 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
People use to live a simple life. They were born and lived their lives in the same regions. Having more children was blessing with helping hands to work on a farm. They didn't have technology as we do now.
Saving a family name was also important.
My grandfather had 15 brothers and sisters and lived on a farm. But, today, it's not necessary to have all those children. It makes life harder, not easier.

If the Mexican men want to be "macho", that's fine in Mexico, but not here. We don't need 'em to be macho. That's ALL we need, for goodness sakes. More kids to support with our tax money. Wonderful.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlover View Post
Most redneck families have more than four children. Maybe we could start redneck shools and show them how they Mexicans have gotten it down to a little over two. Shatter their illusions but perhaps provide an example.
Your info is incorrect.

Most so-called low end Anglo Whites have 1-2 children these days--------more than three kids is highly unusual.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
My grandfather had 15 brothers and sisters and lived on a farm. But, today, it's not necessary to have all those children. It makes life harder, not easier.

If the Mexican men want to be "macho", that's fine in Mexico, but not here. We don't need 'em to be macho. That's ALL we need, for goodness sakes. More kids to support with our tax money. Wonderful.
Something must be changing SOB then:

The birthrate in Mexico is around 2.4 children per woman---------replacement level is 2.1. Back in the 1960's the average Mx family had ca. 7 children.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 PM

451 posts, read 310,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Something must be changing SOB then:

The birthrate in Mexico is around 2.4 children per woman---------replacement level is 2.1. Back in the 1960's the average Mx family had ca. 7 children.
These numbers resemble the reality in the compopolitan areas of mexico, when it comes to the rural aeas near US, the reality is different, in fact
the numbers of anchor children have been on the rise, numbering in the millions!!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
These numbers resemble the reality in the compopolitan areas of mexico, when it comes to the rural aeas near US, the reality is different, in fact
the numbers of anchor children have been on the rise, numbering in the millions!!
And; soon, can someone say make a run for a borders as the employer sanctions laws multiply?

Old 05-09-2008, 05:41 PM

451 posts, read 310,762 times
Quote:
And; soon, can someone say make a run for a borders as the employer sanctions laws multiply?
How much support are the anti-immigrants expecting to get from President Obama???, I think that's going to the cold case files, lol,

Old 05-09-2008, 06:20 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,887,377 times
I'll admit that I haven't read this entire thread, but I'm just going to throw this out here.
Did it occur to anyone else here that the vast majority of us are immigrants and we are speaking a language that is not native to this continent?
What makes English any better than Spanish, Italian, or Hopi? What, you think that just because you live here and only speak English suddenly everyone should conform to your idea of a perfect American? 'Cause I got news, buddy. It doesn't.
I believe and always will that those who struggle for their freedom, who work their asses off just to get a shoe in, those are the real Americans. We, us who were born here, are becoming complacent, lazy, and dare I say, racist. There is an air of entitlement here that sickens me. Frankly, I don't care if someone is here legally or not, if they're willing to work hard and contribute to their community, then I will continue to fight for their rights to remain here. Not enough jobs or room? Fine. Let's kick out some of the lazy "american-born" ****holes who sit around all day and make meth.
The minute that we start thinking that just because by the luck of the draw we happened to plop out here that that makes us any more entitled to this land and her freedoms than others is the minute that our country and all it stands for becomes worthless.
Ugh, rant over.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
I haven't slopped through the entire thread either, but if it's like the majority of the ones in this forum, it's quite full of various inabilities to properly utilize the English language. At least people born in other countries have the excuse of anglais not being their first language.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
I'll admit that I haven't read this entire thread, but I'm just going to throw this out here.
Did it occur to anyone else here that the vast majority of us are immigrants and we are speaking a language that is not native to this continent?
What makes English any better than Spanish, Italian, or Hopi? What, you think that just because you live here and only speak English suddenly everyone should conform to your idea of a perfect American? 'Cause I got news, buddy. It doesn't.
I believe and always will that those who struggle for their freedom, who work their asses off just to get a shoe in, those are the real Americans. We, us who were born here, are becoming complacent, lazy, and dare I say, racist. There is an air of entitlement here that sickens me. Frankly, I don't care if someone is here legally or not, if they're willing to work hard and contribute to their community, then I will continue to fight for their rights to remain here. Not enough jobs or room? Fine. Let's kick out some of the lazy "american-born" ****holes who sit around all day and make meth.
The minute that we start thinking that just because by the luck of the draw we happened to plop out here that that makes us any more entitled to this land and her freedoms than others is the minute that our country and all it stands for becomes worthless.
Ugh, rant over.
Excuse me:

Most Americans are native born.

As for any Third World country being the way that it is--------I will lay about 80% of their problems squarely on said country's specific culture.

Traits of First World culture are belief in education, sobriety, frugality, lack of flagrant machismo and so on.........Jews, Japanese, most Euros today as well as any other race/ethnicity that have Middle Class values.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:53 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,887,377 times
Quote:
Excuse me:

Most Americans are native born.

As for any Third World country being the way that it is--------I will lay about 80% of their problems squarely on said country's specific culture.

Traits of First World culture are belief in education, sobriety, frugality, lack of flagrant machismo and so on.........Jews, Japanese, most Euros today as well as any other race/ethnicity that have Middle Class values.
I was talking about native languages: languages that have been spoken in this land for thousands of years before we even showed up.
Frankly, if you actually see your so called "traits of the first world culture" in American culture, than I am wasting my time. You are beyond help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration