Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much does an immigrants inability to speak English irritate you?
It doesnt bother me. 112 32.94%
It bothers me somewhat. 54 15.88%
It really bothers me. 174 51.18%
No opinion, never heard anyone speak anything but English. 0 0%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:41 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Yea who would of thought? a nation so Catholic produced the very first birth control pill. Something we take for granted here in the U.S
Too bad some hispanics dont use it. Many hispanic women have WAY to many kids and they cant afford them. They have something like twice as many kids as white parents do.

Anyways, back to english as this thread was designed.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:21 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Too bad some hispanics dont use it. Many hispanic women have WAY to many kids and they cant afford them. They have something like twice as many kids as white parents do.

Anyways, back to english as this thread was designed.
Hispanic in women in the U.S have the virtually the same child ratio as White women in the U.S.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 PM

738 posts, read 1,883,831 times
Quote:
Hispanic in women in the U.S have the virtually the same child ratio as White women in the U.S.
You are quite funny, really!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 PM

738 posts, read 1,883,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
You've really got problems. What will you make up next?

Road and traffic signs in the US meet international standards, as do those of most countries, including Mexico. It's UNIVERSAL for those of you who never venture out of the US!

I must admit. I DO have problems. It the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in the USA, that is the BIGGEST PROBLEM(S)!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:48 PM

190 posts, read 764,012 times
When I walk into a Target store and I can't find something, I ask the young lady in the red shirt for help, what do I get but a shrug and head shake, NO ENGLISH, WAAA THE fffffA. Oh, maybe she was just a tourist, poor girl, I misjudged her.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:57 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
You are quite funny, really!!!!!!!
I'm not funny, macmeal is. However, statistics can be funny sometimes. Just like the statistic that was released stating 18 million Americans have been Rick Roll'd.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:

Not true. They not only have many more children, they start having them at a very young age.

By the time an American woman has completed an education, started a career, married, she is often into her 30's and just getting around to having kids and by that time the Mexican woman is already a grandmother.

The majority of Mexican women in the USA have at least 1 child before they reach age 20. Most of them are illegitimate births.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:48 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not true. They not only have many more children, they start having them at a very young age.

By the time an American woman has completed an education, started a career, married, she is often into her 30's and just getting around to having kids and by that time the Mexican woman is already a grandmother.

The majority of Mexican women in the USA have at least 1 child before they reach age 20. Most of them are illegitimate births.
I think in the US, MOST is a bit harsh. In general, yes, though. The average hispanic woman in the US will have 2.8 kids in her lifetime, the average white woman will have 1.9 children in her lifetime, and the average asian will have 2.2 children. Its backwards, since most hispanics cannot afford 2.8 children---not even 1 child a lot of the time.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 PM

6 posts, read 6,109 times
I currently live in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn and attend school in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. Coming from the small neighborhood of Great Bridge, Chesapeake, VA to such a diverse place such as this, I finally noticed what people meant by immigrants not willing to assimilate or learn the language of which the United States was built on. I'm in eighth grade currently and at least half of my class are immigrants, literally ALL of the immigrants don't even bother speaking English not even during class, only when responding to the teachers of course. Everyone here with the exception of about one person in the class is an offspring of an immigrant parent so people here are more tolerant of someone that doesn't speak English out of school or someone that speaks limited English. However, almost all of the English speakers (maybe not at home, but in public) get extremely irritated when people don't speak English, especially in school.

But I'm not that suprised considered New York State doesn't have an official language unlike most other states which have English as their first language.

Last edited by loveit_x3; 04-25-2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something

Old 04-25-2008, 01:48 PM

6 posts, read 6,109 times
When I said all of the immigrants, I meant most of them as in with the exception with about two of the immigrants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration