Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:32 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Word of the weekend deportations of members of a Phoenix church who were on a retreat near Prescott chilled Valley pastors, whose churches are filled with thousands of Hispanics and undocumented immigrants.

Pastors worry the deportations could discourage undocumented immigrants from worshiping in public and could force ministers to change the way they counsel members about their faith.

azcentral.com | Phoenix Arizona News - Arizona Local News

Now you'll know what it's like to get a REAL JOB for a change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 12:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Now you'll know what it's like to get a REAL JOB for a change!
I know what it's like to get a real job -

Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I know what it's like to get a real job -

I believe that LuckyGem was referring to the 'pastors' who 'counseled' illegals.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:21 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,607,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
It was still a religious event, a place of prayer.
By that logic, the White House is a religious site as well. I am sure that plenty of past presidents did an enormous amount of praying they would not get caught during their terms.

I know there are lots of people visiting it everyday who pray the president will get caught too.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I believe that LuckyGem was referring to the 'pastors' who 'counseled' illegals.

Ah! Ok, that makes more sense ....

Old 04-15-2008, 01:50 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,722 times
I can't believe these people. They get all upset and are going to "discuss what to do" when the U.S. has actually upheld their laws.

Oh, and they can't go camping anymore - well, if they were in the U.S. legally, they could do anything they want!

And, at a campgrounds, they were singing and praying at 6:30 am?? Never mind if they were making all sorts of noise beforehand, but I've camped many times, and I sure would be upset if some group was singing and praying out loud at 6:30 am!

Old 04-15-2008, 02:33 PM

65 posts, read 168,309 times
Good that they are god-fearing people. Too bad they aren't law-abiding citizens...wait they aren't citizens at all! Deport them if they are at church, a campground, or taking a crap on the toilet

Old 04-15-2008, 02:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I can't believe these people. They get all upset and are going to "discuss what to do" when the U.S. has actually upheld their laws.

Oh, and they can't go camping anymore - well, if they were in the U.S. legally, they could do anything they want!

And, at a campgrounds, they were singing and praying at 6:30 am?? Never mind if they were making all sorts of noise beforehand, but I've camped many times, and I sure would be upset if some group was singing and praying out loud at 6:30 am!
Well, amen to that - having also gone to a campground at a time that coincided with some holy-roller Christian youth bible group's camping plans, I can vouch for how OFFENSIVE and LOUD they can get at very wrong times - and their adult leader came to our campsite to score some smokes and hooch while the kiddies were in their tents. I would have reported them too - not for being illegal, but for being ANNOYING.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I honestly don't think it is right to do deportations inside places of worhship. What happened to One nation Under God.

We should be ONE nation under God, not two separate nations in a nation.

These are not American citizens, they have no respect for the laws of the USA, they can be deported --- after all -- isn't Mexico a Christian country?

Old 04-15-2008, 10:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
No place "what so ever" should be immune from the Law.
This sounds very much like the issue of pedophiles "hiding" in a church, thinking that they should be immune from the laws of the USA, using religion as a cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration