Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you generally characterize your encounters with other immigrants?
Most immigrants are friendly to me. 27 55.10%
Some immigrants are friendly to me. 6 12.24%
Rarely are immigrants friendly to me. 6 12.24%
Some immigrants can be downright rude to me. 6 12.24%
Other/No Opinion 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:55 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,481,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Like this never happens with Americans..
There's no doubt that American's have done it, and even more so than Illegals, in fact I've met more American a$$ holes then non, but that's not the point. The point is, fastfilm was being called a liar as if Illegas would never stoop that low.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:09 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,765,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I have seen Illegals spit on others twice in Ca. First, let me explain afew things about myself to show you how my experience with Illegals fits in the picture.
Most of you in Ca, know that Illegals are running most of the landscaping businesses. I'm a Small Engine Repair Technician, I repair lawn equipment.
I had a Repair Shop in Ca, and a good percentage of my customer were Hispanic, both Legal and Illegals. Most of the Illegals were proud to admit it.
After 19 years in this business, it's pretty easy to tell if equipment was neglected causing damage that had to be repaired.
One time I was at Home Depot in the lawn and garden section when 3 Illegals came in with a "weed eater" claiming the it wouldn't start and they wanted to exchange it for a new one. I knew they were Illegals, because the same group was at my shop the day before with the same weed eater. I checked it out and found that it had been run with staight gas (no oil mix) and the engine froze up. I told this to the Manager (who was Hispanic), he came out, looked in the gas tank and told them that he could no accept it because it was their fault. One Illegal took a sip of coke, turned away and then spun back around blowing it in the Managers face. Another one threw the weed eater over the counter hitting the counter person in the head.
Another time my wife and I experience some Day Laborers in the parking lot of Stater Brothers grocery store. A lady come out with groceries oand two of them were sitting on the hood of her car (we were 2 cars away). One jumped down and responded, WHAT?!!!, walked up to her a spit on her.
You don't have to believe me, I really don't care.
But I don't think fastfilm had any reason to lie about it..........it happens.
How do you know they were illegal? Did you check their papers? After all they did speak english right?

Old 04-19-2008, 07:45 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,481,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How do you know they were illegal? Did you check their papers? After all they did speak english right?
Only one spoke broken english and when they were at my shop he was bragging about how they just got here from Tijauna 2 weeks before. I ask if they had green cards and he looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about and shook his head.

At the time of the incident with the day workers I didn't know, but a day or so later it was in the paper.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,585,323 times
Quote:
Like this never happens with Americans..
Once again, a very tiresome argument. Assuming the 'bad guys' in the story WERE illegal..then this point is silly. The fact that crime "happens" due to Americans has absolutely NOTHING to do with crime that happens due to illegals. If your kids get out of hand, hold a big party, and trash your house, that's YOUR problem, and you must deal with it.

If MY kids get out of hand, hold a big party in YOUR house, and trash it, that's not YOUR responsibility..it's MINE. All YOU should have to do, is call the cops, send MY kids home, and send ME the bill.

My kids screw-ups vs YOUR kids' screw-ups...BIG difference..
Our criminals vs Illegal Alien criminals...EQUALLY big difference..

Once again, no one is saying most illegals are violent criminals. But for those who ARE, the comparison with "American" criminals is just silly. Criminals cost money...whether in their victims' suffering, in court costs, or in jail time...they're EXPENSIVE. It's our job to take care of OUR criminals, not someone else's.

You can't justify ONE because of the OTHER...you're not the first one who's tried, though...

Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,143,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Once again, a very tiresome argument. Assuming the 'bad guys' in the story WERE illegal..then this point is silly. The fact that crime "happens" due to Americans has absolutely NOTHING to do with crime that happens due to illegals. If your kids get out of hand, hold a big party, and trash your house, that's YOUR problem, and you must deal with it.

If MY kids get out of hand, hold a big party in YOUR house, and trash it, that's not YOUR responsibility..it's MINE. All YOU should have to do, is call the cops, send MY kids home, and send ME the bill.

My kids screw-ups vs YOUR kids' screw-ups...BIG difference..
Our criminals vs Illegal Alien criminals...EQUALLY big difference..

Once again, no one is saying most illegals are violent criminals. But for those who ARE, the comparison with "American" criminals is just silly. Criminals cost money...whether in their victims' suffering, in court costs, or in jail time...they're EXPENSIVE. It's our job to take care of OUR criminals, not someone else's.

You can't justify ONE because of the OTHER...you're not the first one who's tried, though...
Then I guess you would tend to agree with "if" arguments. If this certain person wasn't in this country at the time, this wouldn't of happened. Am I correct to assume that?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,585,323 times
Quote:
Then I guess you would tend to agree with "if" arguments. If this certain person wasn't in this country at the time, this wouldn't of happened. Am I correct to assume that?
I sure can't argue with that...If the person wasn't here, the crime he committed wouldn't have been committed here

Old 05-03-2014, 12:23 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,175,641 times
Most immigrants are more than friendly to me.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:10 PM

741 posts, read 766,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
How would you generally characterize your encounters with other immigrants?
I'm not an immigrant, so my "encounters" have been as USA-born. I live in a city which is very diverse culturally. There are hundreds of thousands, or more, immigrants in the metropolitan area. For the most part ... my encounters have been plesant .. not more nor less plesant than my encounters with USA-born persons (not that I check for an ID card when meeting or talking with someone else). It's not that easy in large urban areas to distinguish someone's birth status just by listening to their voice.

Old 05-06-2014, 02:16 PM

63,308 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Why is this topic in the "illegal" immigration forum?

Old 05-06-2014, 04:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,270,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why is this topic in the "illegal" immigration forum?
Yeah I was wondering that myself. Are they asking about legal immigrants or illegal immigrants?
Most legal immigrants are friendly.
Illegals I wouldn't know because I don't run those circles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration