Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:43 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,524,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea, money should be put before morals. Now I See.
I am not saying robbing a bank to feed your family is ok.

I am saying that if these illegal folks only have to worry about getting deported if caught (and that was not even happening)

and

they can make 10times more here...

and

they can go from this:

to this:

well that would be an easy decision for most anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 02:50 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,687,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

I am saying that if these illegal folks only have to worry about getting deported if caught (and that was not even happening)

and

and

they come from this:

to this:

Except for the fact of what it is doing to our schools, and hospitals and neighborhoods and what it has done to wages and jobs of which my husband was affected, and the fact that so many commit fraud and steal SS numbers. All of these affect us. I lived in my car with my son ,didn't go on welfare and worked two jobs, I know about being poor but not once did I think about putting my needs or wants on other people or demand things or act like anyone owed me anything.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:54 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,687,645 times
Quote:

and

and

they can go from this:

to this:

Are you kidding, I have seen our own poor, many in the Appalations and southern area, living in what you show or worse. Where is the consideration for our own? Instead of giving to people that take without care or thought we should be spending that money on people freezing in the mountains that have no food or shoes for their kids, our own damn citizens.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:57 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,201 times
Quote:
Except for the fact of what it is doing to our schools, and hospitals and neighborhoods and what it has done to wages and jobs of which my husband was affected, and the fact that so many commit fraud and steal SS numbers. All of these affect us. I lived in my car with my son ,didn't go on welfare and worked two jobs, I know about being poor but not once did I think about putting my needs or wants on other people or demand things or act like anyone owed me anything.

When the illegals come to live the good life in the US, is always at somebody else's expense. And that concerns them not one iota.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding, I have seen our own poor, many in the Appalations and southern area, living in what you show or worse. Where is the consideration for our own? Instead of giving to people that take without care or thought we should be spending that money on people freezing in the mountains that have no food or shoes for their kids, our own damn citizens.
I have seen American poor too, it is unfortunate but they have a lot of opportunity here, practically everything, why didn't they reach out and grab it?

Illegals didn't do that to them, they did it and much of the time by choice.

Morally wrong it may be, at least illegals are not sitting on their buts. Crossing the border isn't easy, living in fear isn't easy either.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:

and

and

they can go from this:

to this:

Indeed. That would be an easy decision for one who feels the laws simply do not apply to him and therefore need not be observed. And it is sooooo much easier than working for change within their own country. Simply sneak across the border like a snake in the grass and partake of the Fiesta of Freebies, courtesy of the US taxpayer. Don't forget to demand all sorts of additional stuff, too.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Please what? It is the truth plain and simple, the Government promotes lots of crap, doesn't mean we just mindlessly follow along what are we robots? Or is that just how you see illegals, mindless robots that ant think for themselves?. Illegal is wrong, what they are doing is wrong. Simple.
No its not...No its not..No its not...

You really find this level of discussion rewarding?

Illegal is illegal. Not wrong..in fact for everyone before 1986 it turned out that illegal was right. And it is likely to come out that way again.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
When the illegals come to live the good life in the US, is always at somebody else's expense. And that concerns them not one iota.
I think they realize it is wrong, and yes I have talked to illegals, I know illegals personally. Yes they do take, yes they have become greedy, would America be the same if 30-40 years of illegals were never here?

I think Yes it would be the same because there would be legal people here in their place, US just didn't apply their own rules.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
No its not...No its not..No its not...

You really find this level of discussion rewarding?

Illegal is illegal. Not wrong..in fact for everyone before 1986 it turned out that illegal was right. And it is likely to come out that way again.
I agree, illegal was right and those people being here would have happened regardless.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:

and

they can make 10times more here...etc.

You forgot to mention that when enough overwhelminlgy uneducated and unskilled illegal aliens crash the border, American citizens will go from living like this:

to living like this:

The US may very well become a ruined and devastated land because our cowardly gubmint would not stand up to the illegal aliens and their advocates. This scenario would not bring me great joy like it would you. It would sadden me immensely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration