Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 11:33 AM

440 posts, read 330,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
They had just returned around midnight when 19-year-old José Armondo Rodriguez appeared out of nowhere, opened the car door and attacked. Over and over, he stabbed Billy, who tried to get away but could get no further than the front yard. Thirteen times, he plunged that knife into Billy's lungs, his neck, his stomach. For good measure, he also punched Billy in the face a few times as he lay there on the ground, dying.

Rodriguez blamed it on drugs and jealousy. He'd been briefly married to Billy's date the previous year, but she left when he beat her up.
azcentral.com | Phoenix Arizona News - Arizona Local News (broken link)

We all know re-entry is almost as big of a problem as initial entry. These people have no respect for the rule of law. It would be nice to have a 20 foot fence enforced with electric shock capabilities. This is one time I'd be happy to see my tax dollars spent on signs in spanish. If we post the warning in their language and they pursue their goals of illegal entry, the most we would be liable for is an apology.

Last edited by Preaching2thechoir; 04-20-2008 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 12:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Rodriguez blamed it on drugs and jealousy. He'd been briefly married to Billy's date the previous year, but she left when he beat her up.

He was offered 20 years, which is surprising given his lengthy rap sheet and the brutality of the attack. But Jane's husband was dying of cancer and wanted to see his son's killer put away.
Of course, he'll return to the U.S. to continue his “search for a better life.” There certainly isn't anything to impede his return. I would be willing to bet he’s already here

Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,781,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
azcentral.com | Phoenix Arizona News - Arizona Local News (broken link)

We all know re-entry is almost as big of a problem as initial entry. These people have no respect for the rule of law. It would be nice to have a 20 foot fence enforced with electric shock capabilities. This is one time I'd be happy to see my tax dollars spent on signs in spanish. If we post the warning in their language and they pursue their goals of illegal entry, the most we would be liable for is an apology.
I agree 100%, Preaching! This tragedy was preventable and future tragedies are likely with this scenario.

The United States needs to GET SERIOUS and enforce the sovereignty of our borders.

IF WE DO NOT RESPECT AND PROTECT OUR BORDERS, WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO DO SO?

As for "re-entry" . . . anyone snubbing their noses at our immigration laws as well as our Border Patrol Agents while entering this country will NEVER respect any of our other laws. Only FOOLS and IDIOTS would expect otherwise.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course, he'll return to the U.S. to continue his “search for a better life.” There certainly isn't anything to impede his return. I would be willing to bet he’s already here

Of course he will they always do. He'll kill again and maybe DHS will find him and deport him again. Then again maybe not.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I agree 100%, Preaching! This tragedy was preventable and future tragedies are likely with this scenario.

The United States needs to GET SERIOUS and enforce the sovereignty of our borders.

IF WE DO NOT RESPECT AND PROTECT OUR BORDERS, WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO DO SO?

As for "re-entry" . . . anyone snubbing their noses at our immigration laws as well as our Border Patrol Agents while entering this country will NEVER respect any of our other laws. Only FOOLS and IDIOTS would expect otherwise.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.
ITA. While I am thrilled that individual states have begun cracking down on employers and illegals, until they seal the border it will only serve as a revolving door.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:01 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,624,769 times
horrible . there is no justice without punishment.
approx 40% of of homicides are from puncture wounds why the huge push on gun control?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 AM

334 posts, read 829,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Of course he will they always do. He'll kill again and maybe DHS will find him and deport him again. Then again maybe not.
Of course, if he were a legal US resident and committed this crime, he wouldn't have to "re-enter", he'd just walk free. What's illegal have to do with it?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,540,452 times
All these crimes are horrible, there is no excuse to do that to somebody.

I just think the trend on this forum of posting crimes by illegals, is to ignore the crime itself and blame it fully on the person being illegal.

Isn't that shameful? That a person being illegal somehow overshadows the crime and problems here in America? It just seems so self-serving.

If I don't like Fords, does that mean I am going to scurry through every news article that has a Ford auto involved and use it to focus on the Ford? That may not be the best analogy, but the point is that people here redirect the real problems to try add another round of ammo in their arsenal.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:41 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,218,342 times
Just enforce the immigration laws and we won't have this problem. Ever since they took quotas off immigration in 1965 we've had nothing but trouble.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:57 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,142,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
All these crimes are horrible, there is no excuse to do that to somebody.

I just think the trend on this forum of posting crimes by illegals, is to ignore the crime itself and blame it fully on the person being illegal.

Isn't that shameful? That a person being illegal somehow overshadows the crime and problems here in America? It just seems so self-serving.

If I don't like Fords, does that mean I am going to scurry through every news article that has a Ford auto involved and use it to focus on the Ford? That may not be the best analogy, but the point is that people here redirect the real problems to try add another round of ammo in their arsenal.
Exactly my though. This article is not about illegal immigration, it's about some one doing an unthinkable crime. Why because he's illegal that changes the entire story all of a sudden and earns its place in the immigration forum?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration