Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Arizona State University student Renato Ramos Tuesday dressed up as a ringmaster, and joined what he calls, "a group of like-minded people who are also performance artists" to bring attention to a condition he calls "aliens in a cage."

"We want to get people to see what is going on with all the anti-immigration rhetoric that we're hearing these days," said Ramos, 26, as he stood next to a small "cage" he and his friends had put on the ASU Tempe campus mall.
Arizona Republic article

All well and good: what about US citizens who are suffering courtesy of illegal immigrants being in the USA?

As far as I am concerned: the 'hidden' illegals at ASU should be 'ratted out' and turned over to ICE for deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,138,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

All well and good: what about US citizens who are suffering courtesy of illegal immigrants being in the USA?

As far as I am concerned: the 'hidden' illegals at ASU should be 'ratted out' and turned over to ICE for deportation.
Fair points and all but.. They're not draining the system. They're trying to get a good education.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,653,432 times
I hate performance artists and their self rightous look at me antics i.e. Yales abortion girl.

That said they have every right to say/perform their opinion on any subject that they wish regardless of how ill informed they may be.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:10 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,096,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

Must really burn when you find out many do not agree with you

Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,801,766 times
Jenna Sperry of Glibert, AZ said

Quote:
"I understand that this is a problem, but also, there's a problem in driving up insurance costs - like getting in a wreck with an undocumented person with no insurance."
My feelings exactly. Sorry sassyone, i'm with ArizonaBear on this one. Notice how Ramos uses anti-immigration rhetoric instead of anti-ILLEGAL immigration rhetoric. Pretty one-sided aint it?

Old 04-23-2008, 05:17 PM

738 posts, read 1,885,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Jenna Sperry of Glibert, AZ said

My feelings exactly. Sorry sassyone, i'm with ArizonaBear on this one. Notice how Ramos uses anti-immigration rhetoric instead of anti-ILLEGAL immigration rhetoric. Pretty one-sided aint it?
I, too, am with Arizona Bear. I live in Arizona. I see what goes on in my state and i live among the people that this problem effects.
Yes, Illegal Immigrants are a PROBLEM.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:23 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,096,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
I, too, am with Arizona Bear. I live in Arizona. I see what goes on in my state and i live among the people that this problem effects.
Yes, Illegal Immigrants are a PROBLEM.

I live in Arizona too and have zip problems with illegal immigrants ever.
If you are talking about gangs or criminal element I can see that would be a problem, although I have not been exposed to that either. I think as with most people, you treat them with respect and you will get respect in return.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sassy can I ask how old you are? If you don't want to tell me thats fine, I was just curious.
I am wondering the same......How old are you Sassy?
You live in AZ and have had zip problems? On a personal level maybe, but how it is actually effecting you--NO WAY.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I live in Arizona too and have zip problems with illegal immigrants ever.
If you are talking about gangs or criminal element I can see that would be a problem, although I have not been exposed to that either. I think as with most people, you treat them with respect and you will get respect in return.
We live in a DOG-EAT-DOG world.

The RESPECT issue that you are referring to....died...along long time ago.
Do you watch the AZ news????
Do you read the AZ newspapers????
Do you drive and pay the high cost of insurance in AZ????
Do you shop??????

Old 04-23-2008, 05:36 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,684,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
I am wondering the same......How old are you Sassy?
You live in AZ and have had zip problems? On a personal level maybe, but how it is actually effecting you--NO WAY.
I lived in Mesa and Chandler, we had lots of issues with illegal neighbors. My husband had tools stolen from his truck and his truck damaged in retaliation for him being the head white guy on the job site when the ICE came calling and they were sure it was him that called ( even though he wasn't). The crap I heard them say about the Americans would make your ears bleed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration