Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:11 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,634,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
With your attitude, I hope you are not working around them or with them.
Absolutely! Who would want to work for an employer of illegals. Yah'd never know when that employer of illegals was going to fire your ass and replace you with an illegal would yah?

One good test to pick out the illegals in a group of hispanics is to simply walk up and holler "la migre". The ones jumping out the windows are illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,139,694 times
I know how they are illegal.

They all look like this:

Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,152,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
The biggest problem I have with some of you here is how many posts I read speaking of all the illegals. I too am firmly against illegals.

Posts about....... "when I went to the emergency room there was nothing but illegals there." How do you know they were illegals, or was your racist predisposition coming out? You walk in and see a few Hispanics and just assume the room is full of illegals? That is morally wrong folks.

You drive to a construction site and run into Jose........."damnn illegal." WRONG folks!

If I was hispanic, here legally, working hard and someone came along and treated me like crap on the assumption that I must be illegal, I'd be ready for a fist fight.

The problem with illegal immigration is not the people themselves, IT IS OUR FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERNMENTS, failing to do anything about it!

As a heinz 57 white guy, I'll be the very first to admit, if I had of been born Hispanic and was stuggling in Mexico to make $4 a day to try and feed my family, I would be trying for that border crossing too. Miost of us would. You can't blame them. We all need to keep pressuring our government for change, not take it out on some poor guy named Jose who many, or MAY not be illegal.

Just my two cents.
Nicely said! I've been to some parts of Mexico where I thought if I'd been born there I would spend everyday of my life trying to get to America. Thanks for reminding me. Rep points coming.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Absolutely! Who would want to work for an employer of illegals. Yah'd never know when that employer of illegals was going to fire your ass and replace you with an illegal would yah?

One good test to pick out the illegals in a group of hispanics is to simply walk up and holler "la migre". The ones jumping out the windows are illegal.
If your boss can easily replace you in your job with an illegal alien then it's time to go back to school. Aim higher.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:23 PM

38 posts, read 184,087 times
I really can't tell at all.

The lady who used to clean my house is a permanent resident, she showed me her SS# and her green card, and our "landscape engineer" was born in the US, and has an accent in English because his parents took him to Mexico when he was little.
Both these people tell me they're in that line of work because they make more money than working hourly, and I believen them because they both drive nice cars and live in a nice part of town.

I'm sure many people would assume they're illegal just based on the color of their skin, their line of work and their work clothes, but I rather not make assumptions about these things.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:27 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,688,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
If your boss can easily replace you in your job with an illegal alien then it's time to go back to school. Aim higher.
Oh give that a rest, doesn't mean crap, means the employer would rather have crappy work and more money in pocket. Thats is such a BS statement and usually from those afraid to get their hands dirty and really sweat.. And yes this is coming form someone that has a husband in construction, and I too do construction work.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:30 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,297 times
Quote:
Isn't that the truth!!! When a legal or illegal is wanted more than you are, maybe the problem is with those complaining about their jobs being taken

Old 04-23-2008, 12:32 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,097,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh give that a rest, doesn't mean crap, means the employer would rather have crappy work and more money in pocket. Thats is such a BS statement and usually from those afraid to get their hands dirty and really sweat.. And yes this is coming form someone that has a husband in construction, and I too do construction work.
It might mean they are better qualified than you are, something to consider

Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 PM

38 posts, read 184,087 times
Quote:
Yea really, some people get replaced by machines and they have no illegals to blame for their lack of skills.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Poor baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration