Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 07:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Excellent response.. I live in a nationally publicized sanctuary city. We have been one for over 30 years. Our negligent and defiant sheriff refuses to notify ICE and lets illegal wanted criminals out of jail often. ICE now has to locate and go in with force and drawn weapons to arrest the ones they are looking for because of this.. Now the argument is that this "POLICE ACTION" scares the latino community...I am happy that the so called sheriff has NO authority to stop it or he would,,,
Spelling correction -sanctuary cities will soon be sanctioned cities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2020, 07:54 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Hopefully this is just the beginning.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...ouse_door.html
Good. This is the way it should be. Illegal still means not legal. If these aliens don't want to follow the process to citizenship, then it's adios!

Old 02-27-2020, 08:20 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I've never heard of an extradition without a court order...
Well, i have. I also have securiry clearance to query, enter, and clear NCIC. I use it every day for work.

NCIC = "trust but verify"

Last edited by Du Ma; 02-27-2020 at 08:44 PM..

Old 02-28-2020, 06:28 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Excellent response.. I live in a nationally publicized sanctuary city. We have been one for over 30 years. Our negligent and defiant sheriff refuses to notify ICE and lets illegal wanted criminals out of jail often. ICE now has to locate and go in with force and drawn weapons to arrest the ones they are looking for because of this.. Now the argument is that this "POLICE ACTION" scares the latino community...I am happy that the so called sheriff has NO authority to stop it or he would,,,
Scares the Latino community? No one here legally has anything to fear and if law breakers are afraid they should be.

Old 03-04-2020, 03:27 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Who are you to determine how the victims feel about it? If an undocumented broke into my house you can be damn sure I would want him to serve time BEFORE he gets deported.
Having had vehicles hit by them three times and at least trying to run I'd beg to differ. At some point you just want them rounded up and gone. They didn't come here legally. They need to go.

If the illegals were rounded up and deported, I bet the housing crisis here would be over, the roads wouldn't be nearly as jammed and all the community functions would simply work better because you don't have everyone trying to figure out the best way to handle exceptions.

Old 03-04-2020, 06:03 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Having had vehicles hit by them three times and at least trying to run I'd beg to differ. At some point you just want them rounded up and gone. They didn't come here legally. They need to go.

If the illegals were rounded up and deported, I bet the housing crisis here would be over, the roads wouldn't be nearly as jammed and all the community functions would simply work better because you don't have everyone trying to figure out the best way to handle exceptions.
“Best way to handle exceptions”

Brilliant observation. How much human, financial and political capital is spent dealing with something that can be stopped in its tracks.

I am sick and tired of people and their logical fallacies about how illegals will find their way in, one way or the other. Millions of them? Really?

We could stop 99% of them via enforcement if we wanted. That doesn’t even count the fact that employers need only stop hiring them. It’s 50/50 blame. Employers need to figure out a way to function in a wealthy nation, or all the stupid mantra about growing the economy at all cost is foolish at best, reckless in practice.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:42 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The whole idea of sanctuary for these illegals is stupid and a real slap in the face to the good immigrants that choose to follow our federal laws to live, work and become a productive positive member of our society.

I say good for ICE. Why anyone would want to protect a criminal that shouldn't even be here in the first place boggles the mind.

Behind every criminal illegal alien is the victim of his crimes that tends to be ignored by the Left.
You know, I have asked several of my “woke” friends and posters on CD who continually defend illegal immigration why do they think it’s okay. No one gives me an answer. My friends feel sorry for them, thinking we need to bring in the entire world’s poor and wretched or something about the children. But, no one on CD will answer.

My reasons are, first of all, it is unfair to those who applied for citizenship legally then proceeded, step by step, to complete the process. Another reason are that more people equal more stress on the environment and resources. And, third, most of those who either sneak through the border are illiterate and uneducated. Once here, they depress American citizens’ wages, work for cash and send home remittances.

Old 03-04-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
You know, I have asked several of my “woke” friends and posters on CD who continually defend illegal immigration why do they think it’s okay. No one gives me an answer. My friends feel sorry for them, thinking we need to bring in the entire world’s poor and wretched or something about the children. But, no one on CD will answer.

My reasons are, first of all, it is unfair to those who applied for citizenship legally then proceeded, step by step, to complete the process. Another reason are that more people equal more stress on the environment and resources. And, third, most of those who either sneak through the border are illiterate and uneducated. Once here, they depress American citizens’ wages, work for cash and send home remittances.
Here are the reasons even if they won't discuss them. Those who hire them are the greedy who only care about increasing their profits but they know it makes them look selfish (which they are) so they don't want to discuss it. Bleeding heart liberals just have no common sense at all. As you said, they think we should save the whole world's needy by importing them all into our country and haven't brains enough to understand why we can't. It's simply misplaced compassion. The third group are those who have ethnic ties to illegal aliens. They don't care about those of us outside their ethnicity because they have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration laws. They will never discuss or admit to that either.

All three groups make lame excuses for them and use all kinds of phony stats that makes it look like they are good for our country when deep down inside they know illegal immigration isn't a boon to our country or our citizens but because of one of their personal agendas above they don't care! They also want another amnesty for these people which is the worse thing in the world we should do again.

Old 03-06-2020, 11:25 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post

As I have explained here numerous times there is no process for poor immigrants to apply for citizenship whether they are inside of the USA or outside of it. First of all, one can't apply to be a citizen, one has to apply to be a resident first (aka green card holder). After a set amount of time, most cases 6 years, one can apply to be a US citizen.

The only way a poor person can enter the USA legally and apply for residency is thru marriage to a US citizen or family reunification.

IF there is another way for poor peasants to emigrate to the USA please show us how on this site

https://www.uscis.gov/

Old 03-06-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
As I have explained here numerous times there is no process for poor immigrants to apply for citizenship whether they are inside of the USA or outside of it. First of all, one can't apply to be a citizen, one has to apply to be a resident first (aka green card holder). After a set amount of time, most cases 6 years, one can apply to be a US citizen.

The only way a poor person can enter the USA legally and apply for residency is thru marriage to a US citizen or family reunification.

IF there is another way for poor peasants to emigrate to the USA please show us how on this site

https://www.uscis.gov/
There shouldn't be another way for poor peasants to immigrate to our country. They would be a burden to our society but that doesn't justify them coming here illegally instead! There are billions of poor that would come here if we offered them a way of doing it. It would destroy our country. I don't understand why the bleeding hearts don't get that or maybe they just don't care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration