Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,303 times

Advertisements

Sorry. That came off sounding much more confrontational than I meant for it to be.

I agree that the U.S. hardly has clean hands when it comes to dirty dealings in Mexico, Central and South America. But I do not agree that the vast majority of people who come here do so out of "desperation." Many, many of them just want a better life, and I can't blame them for that. But they need to get in line. They have no more "right" to live and work in the U.S. than any other non-U.S. citizen does.

And now, I'm going to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:30 PM

56 posts, read 98,765 times
Waco IS turning into Mexico, otherwise you wouldn't see so many Mexicans there. If there's Mexicans, it's Mexico. Our backward government is on their side. New people need to get in our government, that is the only way to change things. Bush is a traitor and couldn't care less about you.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xino View Post
Waco IS turning into Mexico, otherwise you wouldn't see so many Mexicans there. If there's Mexicans, it's Mexico. Our backward government is on their side. New people need to get in our government, that is the only way to change things. Bush is a traitor and couldn't care less about you.
There are Mexicans in just about every state. I guess we're in Mexico . I'm of Mexican decent myself, I guess this forum is Mexico

Old 02-21-2008, 08:08 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,238 times
Some on here say at least one of thier parents were legal..
I think anyone can come on here, and say whatever..
whatever it takes to look good.. to look ok.. being born in U.S.
I do not believe anyone who speaks in favor of mexican illegals who
claims at least one parent WAS legal
at the time of her/his birth.. to me, that is a way to justify his or her
legal statis. it's odd that all the pro's on here say the same thing...
"at least one parent was legal when they were born" so it doesn't
make them an anchor baby.. I don't believe any of them! IMO

Old 02-21-2008, 12:36 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,401 times
Is "worser" a real word?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:39 PM

162 posts, read 326,303 times
don't know but can't be any worst, right? lol

Old 11-07-2008, 02:24 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
1 in a row

Old 11-07-2008, 02:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
mexico is at critical mass, rampant with crime, we are the overflow.
broke and hunger you make it here, 1s thing to do, steal a car.
remember the part about the waltons crossing over for a better life,
them days are over.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
I have grappled with this problem: illegal immigration. On one hand, I can understand Mexican immigrants wanting a better life for their kids and willing to break the law to do that. On the other hand, breaking the law to do so, is not good.

I've decided that anyone breaking the law to get here, DOESN'T BELONG HERE. If you can't come here legally, then you need to get your arses back to your home country and make the proper arrangements. I say that every single illegal immigrant and their kids need to be shipped back to their country with severe penalties if they are caught illegally re-entering.

This is getting ridiculous. These people and the H-1B visa Indians are displacing a helluva lot of Americans. No wonder unemployment figures are through the roof.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:59 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,217,195 times
yeah it doesnt help that every year they increase the cost for these "immigrants" to become citizens. I believe its at 300 already, where do you expect people that make 7 a week to come up with this, plus they keep making the test harder. I know alot of gun ho americans that wouldnt pass that citizenship test, these people dont have it eazy, theyre just trying to feed their families, guess what? like all of us are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration