Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 07:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times

Advertisements

As sailor stationed in Norfolk I got hasseled by the police more than once . The hair cut the walk etc. Why? Because some idiot fellow squids thought they had to live the stereo type and go out and get hammered every night they had money in their pockets. In my entire time as a sailor I got drunk a total 3 times... All on base and we always had a duty driver. Who was I angry with the police for hasseling any squid they saw or the idiots who acted like fools? I was pi55ed at the squids who made trouble for everyone else... Those who are victims of profileing should be angry with those who have caused the need for profiling to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 09:32 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As sailor stationed in Norfolk I got hasseled by the police more than once . The hair cut the walk etc. Why? Because some idiot fellow squids thought they had to live the stereo type and go out and get hammered every night they had money in their pockets. In my entire time as a sailor I got drunk a total 3 times... All on base and we always had a duty driver. Who was I angry with the police for hasseling any squid they saw or the idiots who acted like fools? I was pi55ed at the squids who made trouble for everyone else... Those who are victims of profileing should be angry with those who have caused the need for profiling to begin with.
You're talking here about "occupational profiling", which, I would imagine, is perfectly legal and happens all the time. They were 'picking on sailors'. Awhile back I posted the fact that a liquor store near here has a sign announcing "No More That Two Students Allowed at Any Time". That store is 'picking on High School Students'.

It's my understanding that profiling has ALWAYS been allowed, unless it's profiling for the "usual forbidden things" ...race, color, religion, national origin, etc. You CAN'T legally profile for thos reasons.

An example come to mind in the case of the airlines. Though it's pretty obvious the hijackers and terrorists fit a pretty narrow description, this description happens to ALSO fit into ethnic and religious parameters...so you can't 'profile' them. To get around this, you look at large groups of ALL passengers, hoping that in this huge number, a few of the 'bad guys' may show up. Narrowing down the 'sample' would be much cheaper and simpler, but is forbidden by law.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:38 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,552,203 times
race card does not require proof that is its beauty and utility. its disadvantage is you have to spend a lot of time putting makup and costume on your villain maybe even since 1862? creating new villains takes time. its not a transferrable skill. the other great danger is if the audience can't identify at all with the villain you have wasted a lot of time on costume and makeup. oopss i almost forgot. on law enforcement. humor for the day
driver to cop
you didn't stop me because i ran over that old lady
you stopped me because of my race didn't you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration