Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:38 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,803 times

Advertisements

I see so much hateful spewing about illegal Mexican immigration, and as usual, very little attention to the source of the problem. The whole easy-immigration free-for-all needs to end immediately. Except in the case of justified refugee humanitarian programs, there is no other country in the world that would just hand out *free stuff* to me simply because I'm there. If I went to Mexico and popped out a baby, would I be given free medical care, free housing, free food, free job training, free language lessons, and eventually residence status? No. My visa would expire and I would be directed to the bus.

I know, a large number of Mexican immigrants here aren't getting their passport stamped. They don't have one, that's why they are "illegal." Instead they are huffing it through the desert and running to the first welfare office they find, because that's where you go to get the *free stuff.*

Years ago I worked at a gas station. It was not uncommon to have 5, 10, or more gas drive-offs a day because the owners wanted to have a friendly policy of pump your gas, then pay. My manager spoke to managers at surrounding gas stations who practiced the more sensible pay for your gas, then pump it, and obviously there were zero gas drive-offs. Problem solved. The US is the gas station where I worked, and the other gas stations were the rest of the world.

I have absolutely no hard feelings against Mexicans or any ethnic group. In fact, living close to the Mexican border, I prefer dealing with Mexican people as they are generally friendly, work hard, and have a good spirit because they know what hard times are really like.

What I do have hard feelings about is a government entity handing out *free stuff*. What's more absurd is that I, as a middle class citizen am not able to collect on such freebies, not can I afford to pay for them myself (I'm speaking mainly of health care here). So I just do without and hope for the best. I live modestly and within my means, but that's my choice. I could go work at McDonald's and pump out a few babies and watch the free stuff roll in, but I don't because I don't support such a system of welfare. It's designed to cater to the desperate and the lazy, or to those who just take it because it's there.

I'm glad there's a lot of Mexicans in the US. Good. I'm back to studying Spanish so I have the advantage of conversing between two different cultures. I cringe when I hear the pasty-white sloths whine about having to "press 1 for English." Get over yourself and outside of your closed mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 09:05 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
I see so much hateful spewing about illegal Mexican immigration,
I cringe when I hear the pasty-white sloths whine about having to "press 1 for English." Get over yourself and outside of your closed mind.
hateful spewing? How does poopy brown troll work for you?

Old 05-10-2008, 09:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Gnubler...
Somehow, I get a feeling of insincerity here. It seems to me that if the US REALLY cut off the "goodies", you'd find a NEW reason to be mad. The "pasty white slobs" as well as the "jet black slobs" and the "chocolate brown slobs" who resent being FORCED to accommodate another language might agree with me.

I happen to be familiar with Spanish, but don't like the 'tone' of your post. It's rude, offensive, racist, and condescending.....at LEAST as bad as most of what the 'anti-illegals' put out.

And if YOU'RE too 'principled' to take advantage of the American welfare system, (which you COULD do, if you had no principles), why do you think it's OK for OTHERS to take advantage of it? Is it OK for THEM to do it, because they're "just primitives", and aren't really responsible for their own behavior, as they would be if they were "pasty white"? Sounds pretty racist to me...but I could be wrong.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:44 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,145,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
I see so much hateful spewing about illegal Mexican immigration, and as usual, very little attention to the source of the problem. The whole easy-immigration free-for-all needs to end immediately. Except in the case of justified refugee humanitarian programs, there is no other country in the world that would just hand out *free stuff* to me simply because I'm there. If I went to Mexico and popped out a baby, would I be given free medical care, free housing, free food, free job training, free language lessons, and eventually residence status? No. My visa would expire and I would be directed to the bus.

I know, a large number of Mexican immigrants here aren't getting their passport stamped. They don't have one, that's why they are "illegal." Instead they are huffing it through the desert and running to the first welfare office they find, because that's where you go to get the *free stuff.*

Years ago I worked at a gas station. It was not uncommon to have 5, 10, or more gas drive-offs a day because the owners wanted to have a friendly policy of pump your gas, then pay. My manager spoke to managers at surrounding gas stations who practiced the more sensible pay for your gas, then pump it, and obviously there were zero gas drive-offs. Problem solved. The US is the gas station where I worked, and the other gas stations were the rest of the world.

I have absolutely no hard feelings against Mexicans or any ethnic group. In fact, living close to the Mexican border, I prefer dealing with Mexican people as they are generally friendly, work hard, and have a good spirit because they know what hard times are really like.

What I do have hard feelings about is a government entity handing out *free stuff*. What's more absurd is that I, as a middle class citizen am not able to collect on such freebies, not can I afford to pay for them myself (I'm speaking mainly of health care here). So I just do without and hope for the best. I live modestly and within my means, but that's my choice. I could go work at McDonald's and pump out a few babies and watch the free stuff roll in, but I don't because I don't support such a system of welfare. It's designed to cater to the desperate and the lazy, or to those who just take it because it's there.

I'm glad there's a lot of Mexicans in the US. Good. I'm back to studying Spanish so I have the advantage of conversing between two different cultures. I cringe when I hear the pasty-white sloths whine about having to "press 1 for English." Get over yourself and outside of your closed mind.
I tried to make this point before on another thread about immigrants. Everyone was complaining that when the mass of European immigrants came over in the 1800's there was no welfare system. I pointed out then maybe the problem is not the immigrants, maybe it's the welfare system. All of our ancestors in this country got along without welfare, but now for some reason, it's so necessary...

Old 05-10-2008, 09:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I tried to make this point before on another thread about immigrants. Everyone was complaining that when the mass of European immigrants came over in the 1800's there was no welfare system. I pointed out then maybe the problem is not the immigrants, maybe it's the welfare system. All of our ancestors in this country got along without welfare, but now for some reason, it's so necessary...
And the vast majority of immigrants 100+ years ago were legal------oceans have an uncanny ability to keep all but the most determined illegals out.

Face it: a less than ethical ship crew back then if they found a stowaway may have simply pitched him/her over the rail.......in other words; crossing the southern US desert today would be a cakewalk by comparison

Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Good point. When the former "dregs" of Europe came here (along with the Chinese, etc.) we "put 'em to work".....pounding railroad spikes, laboring in steel mills, digging ditches with pick and shovel, and carrying bricks up scaffolding on construction sites...now we don't "Do" this stuff anymore...so, we should "re-open" these industries, put the "new guys" to work, and cut off the welfare..right?

(Please note I'm only being sarcastic...but this has long been a point of mine..that ASIDE from the obvious fact that they're ILLEGAL, today's illegals are ALSO the victims of changing times...like it or not, we just don't NEED millions of new people showing up with large families and little education. Even AMERICANS who have large families and no high-school diploma can't 'make it' in this society....not because we're 'unfair', but because 'the system' doesn't NEED unskilled workers any more)...

Old 05-10-2008, 11:18 PM

451 posts, read 310,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the vast majority of immigrants 100+ years ago were legal------oceans have an uncanny ability to keep all but the most determined illegals out.

Face it: a less than ethical ship crew back then if they found a stowaway may have simply pitched him/her over the rail.......in other words; crossing the southern US desert today would be a cakewalk by comparison
Undocumented people in The US can not get welfare, and people taking care of the millions, and millions of anchor babies tend to not get welfare, the largest ethnic group on welfare is un-educated anglos that refuse to hold a job....

Old 05-11-2008, 07:51 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Time to drop off barinnas off at the below address.....and, cut off this particular 'moles' source of mole

Royal Gibraltar Police
Police Headquarters
New Mole House
Rosia Road
Gibraltar
Tel: 350-72500

BTW: most 'Gibs' speak Spanish-----but, English is the only official language used

Old 05-11-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
, the largest ethnic group on welfare is un-educated anglos that refuse to hold a job....
While this is true (assuming we can agree on what an "anglo" is anyway), it makes absolutely no sense to point this out. The largest group in ANY part of American life is probably "anglos", because they're the majority of the population.

"Anglos" probably do make up most of the welfare cases, the crooks, and the low-lifes. They ALSO make up most of the college-educated, the ambitious, and the high achievers....so what?

In Mexico, most of the doctors are Mexicans. So are most of the criminals. In fact, most of the PEOPLE in Mexico, good or bad, are Mexicans. In the US, most of the people are "anglos"...if you insist on using such a silly, inexact term.

There's ONE area in American life where "anglos" are a minority---the area of illegal immigrants. But of course, it wouldn't sound 'nice' to mention that.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Undocumented people in The US can not get welfare, and people taking care of the millions, and millions of anchor babies tend to not get welfare, the largest ethnic group on welfare is un-educated anglos that refuse to hold a job....
Do you have a source for that? The USA government sources actually say otherwise, illegals and their children are far over-represented on the food stamp, Medicaid rolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration