Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 02:32 PM

63,346 posts, read 29,416,683 times

Advertisements

I'll go first.

I was born here to U.S. citizen parents whom were of German and Irish ancestry and their parents came here in the early 1900's legally. I am retired but I worked for over 50 years and paid into SS and all other applicable taxes during that time and I am entitled to draw on those retirement funds now. If someone doesn't like that then change the laws and they should refuse to draw on their own SS then when they retire otherwise they are hypocrites!

I have been following the illegal immigration issue for years now because I respect our immigration laws and why they are in place and have studied the negative impact that illegal immigration has on our society in so many ways. I made myself familiar with the ethnic based groups and individuals, congressmen who support illegal immigration for self-serving and many times racist motives. It was a part of my research.

I have seen Calif. change from a once beautiful state to a haven for illegal aliens (among other states). It's overcrowded now because of the millions of illegal aliens here and our resources are being spread thin because of them. Our culture and language is rapidly changing due to illegal immigration from south of our border. It's neither natural or lawful.

I have seen American construction workers and other blue-collared workers laid off or denied jobs because illegals work cheaper to make the rich, richer. These weren't lazy Americans that lacked skills either. They loved what they were doing and worked hard at it but the greedy employers only care about their bottom line and the illegal workers have no respect for our immigration laws nor the rightful citizens of our country up to and including committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion.

We allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year in keeping with our ability to provide them with jobs and resources without it impacting our own citizens negatively. That is sane immigration policy that is based on our own needs not the needs of foreigners. Too bad but we cannot be the saviors, flophouse and employment agency to the whole world's needy. It would be committing national suicide.

Let's see how many posters in here will reply to this topic with honest answers. I know the ones that will and the ones who won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 04:53 PM

7,832 posts, read 6,424,984 times
Import the third world, become the third world. I think we should throw those who commit document fraud and tax evasion in prison. These are parasites who have no intention of becoming Americanized. We either get rid of them now or we’re going to have to fight them later.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Import the third world, become the third world. I think we should throw those who commit document fraud and tax evasion in prison. These are parasites who have no intention of becoming Americanized. We either get rid of them now or we’re going to have to fight them later.
So you oppose illegal immigration. Good for you! Anything you want to tell us about yourself and what helped form your opinion? Thanks for replying by the way.

Old 07-25-2021, 05:13 AM

I forgot to mention my four year stint in the Navy during the Viet Nam war. I didn't join the military to protect our country just to have our own border over ran by illegal aliens, criminals and terrorists. It's a slap in the face to all who served.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:42 AM

24,749 posts, read 17,485,701 times
My politics lean to the Right. I'm a conscientious capitalist. I believe that America is the most amazing country with a rich History and Heritage that has been made stronger with diversity in her people. We truly are the great melting pot of the world but with saying that we have laws for a reason and they need to be followed and enforced or we have nothing.

Call me a bitter clinger but I have values, morals and a strong belief in right and wrong. Heck I sound like a Superhero of which my favorite Avenger is Captain America. LOL

I used to live and work in a largely Brazilian community and I have seen first hand what happens when people immigrate here to work with no plans of making America their home. I have also seen the damage that can be done by illegal aliens not only to their own community by undercutting the jobs their fellow countrymen do but to American society as well. In a nut shell the illegals were selfish takers, users and manipulators.

I just think that our immigration laws need to be followed. We cannot afford countless "migrants" to stroll across the border. The long term effect on our society, our way of life and high standard of living will be crushed.

It is really disgusting and a slap in the face to every Legal immigrant that we have Sanctuary cities and elected officials that would disband ICE and the Border Patrol.

It is really destructive that we have Biden and his fellow Dems in charge that don't think America is worth protecting. They are playing a dangerous game with the future of this country at stake to appease their bleeding hearts and to ensure their future voting block and perpetual power.

Legal immigration is a positive for America while Illegal immigration is a scourge. Is it that difficult to follow existing laws? I have a personal perspective on all of this because I am married to an immigrant.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My politics lean to the Right. I'm a conscientious capitalist. I believe that America is the most amazing country with a rich History and Heritage that has been made stronger with diversity in her people. We truly are the great melting pot of the world but with saying that we have laws for a reason and they need to be followed and enforced or we have nothing.

Call me a bitter clinger but I have values, morals and a strong belief in right and wrong. Heck I sound like a Superhero of which my favorite Avenger is Captain America. LOL

I used to live and work in a largely Brazilian community and I have seen first hand what happens when people immigrate here to work with no plans of making America their home. I have also seen the damage that can be done by illegal aliens not only to their own community by undercutting the jobs their fellow countrymen do but to American society as well. In a nut shell the illegals were selfish takers, users and manipulators.

I just think that our immigration laws need to be followed. We cannot afford countless "migrants" to stroll across the border. The long term effect on our society, our way of life and high standard of living will be crushed.

It is really disgusting and a slap in the face to every Legal immigrant that we have Sanctuary cities and elected officials that would disband ICE and the Border Patrol.

It is really destructive that we have Biden and his fellow Dems in charge that don't think America is worth protecting. They are playing a dangerous game with the future of this country at stake to appease their bleeding hearts and to ensure their future voting block and perpetual power.

Legal immigration is a positive for America while Illegal immigration is a scourge. Is it that difficult to follow existing laws? I have a personal perspective on all of this because I am married to an immigrant.
Thank you for supporting our immigration laws, why you do and for sharing a little about yourself.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:06 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,326,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'll go first.

Let's see how many posters in here will reply to this topic with honest answers. I know the ones that will and the ones who won't.
lol.

"I dare you people to post, and lie!!!"

Old 07-25-2021, 12:29 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,872,436 times
Quote:
I'll go first.

I was born here to U.S. citizen parents whom were of German and Irish ancestry and their parents came here in the early 1900's legally. I am retired but I worked for over 50 years and paid into SS and all other applicable taxes during that time and I am entitled to draw on those retirement funds now.

LOL there were no immigration laws in the early 1900's. There were only rudimentary medical checks. Otherwise every immigrant was admitted.

The undocumented immigrants you despise so much are helping to keep social security afloat. You should be thanking them every time you get a SS check.

A little about me;

"I like piña coladas
And gettin' caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne"

Old 07-25-2021, 12:51 PM

While there were fewer restrictions and a more lenient criteria for immigrants to be granted entry via Ellis Island it fit our needs at the time. Our population grew immensely over the years so those things had to change and quotas established. So why anyone would want to use the past compared to the present as justification to support illegal immigration today is quite the mind blower! Quite childlike, actually.

There is no such thing as an undocumented immigrant they are illegal aliens. They have plenty of documents all fake or stolen.

Why shouldn't anyone despise lawbreakers foreign or domestic? If Americans got their jobs back from these illegals they would in turn be paying into SS. The only way that an illegal can pay into SS is by using a fake or stolen SS number which is a felony. Many of them work for cash and don't pay into that fund. Either way, I paid into that fund for over 50 years and most likely anything I have gained through it was via a citizen such as myself or a legal immigrant paying into that fund not an illegal alien. Paying into SS does not justify living or working here illegally either.

I note that most supporters of illegal immigration have avoided this topic like the plague and any that have replied gave no logical explanation for supporting illegal immigration and won't share any of their background with us as I have requested. Hmm, not surprised though.

Old 07-25-2021, 01:33 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,872,436 times
Quote:
While there were fewer restrictions and a more lenient criteria for immigrants to be granted entry via Ellis Island it fit our needs at the time. Our population grew immensely over the years so those things had to change and quotas established. So why anyone would want to use the past compared to the present as justification to support illegal immigration today is quite the mind blower! Quite childlike, actually.

There is no such thing as an undocumented immigrant they are illegal aliens. They have plenty of documents all fake or stolen.

Why shouldn't anyone despise lawbreakers foreign or domestic? If Americans got their jobs back from these illegals they would in turn be paying into SS. The only way that an illegal can pay into SS is by using a fake or stolen SS number which is a felony. Many of them work for cash and don't pay into that fund. Either way, I paid into that fund for over 50 years and most likely anything I have gained through it was via a citizen such as myself or a legal immigrant paying into that fund not an illegal alien. Paying into SS does not justify living or working here illegally either.

I note that most supporters of illegal immigration have avoided this topic like the plague and any that have replied gave no logical explanation for supporting illegal immigration and won't share any of their background with us as I have requested. Hmm, not surprised though.

it has been pointed out here numerous times that your assumption above is incorrect. People pay ss taxes and medicare taxes and income taxes when using an ITIN.

https://www.nilc.org/issues/taxes/facts-about-the-itin/

Selected high lights for specific years.

• YES! In 2010, ITIN tax returns accounted for over $9 billion in payroll tax payments (Social Security and Medicare) and $870.07 million in income tax.
  • By 2007, the Social Security Trust Fund had received up to $240 billion from ITIN filers—up to 10.7 percent of the trust fund’s total assets of $2.24 trillion. The cumulative contribution is higher now.
  • ITIN contributions have helped to forestall the solvency crisis in the Social Security Trust Fund.
So you indeed owe a lot to undocumented immigrants every time you get a SS check or get your diaper rash checked at a doctors office using Medicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration