Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 11:42 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,972 times

Advertisements

Kansas needs population growth. Wichita looks like its stuck in 1970s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 12:19 PM

62,960 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Kansas needs population growth. Wichita looks like its stuck in 1970s.
We don't need any more population growth anywhere and when and if we do we'll import immigrants "legally". Illegal immigration is unacceptable.

Old 04-25-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't speak Spanish, and I am retired. Currently, I am fighting against a slaughter house coming to our city as studies show the illegals will come in and violent crime will skyrocket. Ethical employers are finding workers that are citizens, and unethical are not.

I knew people who worked in these facilities where illegal aliens were prominent.

Think "white flight"! Once they move in, they continue to bring in relatives that are entering illegally, and the neighborhoods where they live start to become rundown, and crime increases. They are moving into better neighborhoods as they live 4 and 5 families to a single family home. I noticed that a legal person would purchase the house, probably an anchor baby that we raised to adulthood, and then a slew of people would move in, crappy cars on the front lawn, weeds growing............. They also bring both dog fighting and **** fighting to the area, and in the place I was in, they were ignoring this, probably afraid they would be called "racists" or something. I know the Animal Control officer worked hard to get it ended, but no one at the local or state level would do anything.

These illegals put a drain on the schools as it is very expensive to educate their children, and the school doesn't ask about legal status. I remember when we had to show a birth certificate to get the kids in school! So, "white flight" is the only answer, and I suspect these days that encompasses ALL races of our citizens, not just whites.
Exactly, these pro-illegals act like it's only whites that are objecting to illegal immigration and as if it's somehow racist to do so.

Old 04-25-2022, 04:00 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,836,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
They were documented after they illegally entered the country. They were then promptly released.

People who cross the border without inspection are figuratively, literally, and legally UNDOCUMENTED.

People who are being caught at the border are documented. People who apply for political asylum are also documented. This is very basic and if you can't figure this out there's no need to even continue this discussion.

Old 04-25-2022, 04:03 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,836,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't speak Spanish, and I am retired. Currently, I am fighting against a slaughter house coming to our city as studies show the illegals will come in and violent crime will skyrocket. Ethical employers are finding workers that are citizens, and unethical are not.

I knew people who worked in these facilities where illegal aliens were prominent.

Being retired is even better. That gives you lots of free time to organize facebook groups, protests, and marches against the undocumented.

I would also like to know how you know people are undocumented ? Are you checking their paper work ?

Be the change you want to see. Go down to the slaughterhouse and apply for a job.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:21 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
People who cross the border without inspection are figuratively, literally, and legally UNDOCUMENTED.

People who are being caught at the border are documented. People who apply for political asylum are also documented. This is very basic and if you can't figure this out there's no need to even continue this discussion.
Quote:
Being retired is even better. That gives you lots of free time to organize facebook groups, protests, and marches against the undocumented.

I would also like to know how you know people are undocumented ? Are you checking their paper work ?

Be the change you want to see. Go down to the slaughterhouse and apply for a job.
Actually, the illegal aliens are documented in their country of origin, and here, if documented, they have stolen the identities of citizens. Illegal aliens here were stealing the identities of those in Puerto Rico, think Hispanic names, to the point that Puerto Rico quit producing birth certificates that they could get their criminal hands on.

No, they catch people at the border who are illegal aliens and do not have documents that make it legal for them to be in the country.

I don't need to check their paperwork. When they used to do the raids, it was well-known which employers were hiring illegal aliens and which were not. Also, they have a certain "tell" about them, and sadly, the bleeding heart liberals run weepy stories about the families in the newspapers.

As I have said, and you fail to comprehend, I do not speak Spanish, and those industries that pay a living wage E-verify and hire legal immigrants or citizens. Most of what comes in the way of illegal aliens are people with no education, and we need fewer and fewer of them in industry, so they simply keep the Mrs. pregnant and pushing out those little public assistance packages!

I can see that you have NO idea about what it is like to live among these people. Ignorance is bliss? Obviously true and you seem delighted with the illegal alien invasion.

Seriously, we do not need these people as they cost SO MUCH to the taxpayers. Incarceration for crimes is through the roof!

https://www.nber.org/digest/may07/ef...-incarceration

"The 1980-2000 immigrant influx, therefore, generally 'explains' about 20 to 60 percent of the decline in wages, 25 percent of the decline in employment, and about 10 percent of the rise in incarceration rates among blacks with a high school education or less."

Send them home! And, have them take their anchor babies with them. Who would leave their kids behind? Someone who when they looked at their children saw dollar signs!

Old 04-25-2022, 05:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We don't need any more population growth anywhere and when and if we do we'll import immigrants "legally". Illegal immigration is unacceptable.
The problem in many towns is the drop in population. That can't be good for business.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:53 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The problem in many towns is the drop in population. That can't be good for business.
No problem at all. With Wichita, they lost so much of the aerospace industry, which sort of turned them into a dive. They were very dependent, too dependent on one industry. Also, many of the bigger cities followed strict COVID rules which have put businesses out of business, so.............. Property crimes drop, insurance rates on autos drop.............all good!

Not many towns thrive because of the presence of illegal aliens, trust me on that.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:

But that's not the immigration law term for them! It's a made up PC term to call attention away from their illegal act and you know it! They are illegal aliens according to the law! Why can't YOU figure that out!

Old 04-25-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:

Illegal aliens, illegal aliens, illegal aliens! No such word in our immigration law terminology such as "undocumented"! WTH is wrong with you??????????

A slaughterhouse in Iowa years ago hired illegal aliens for less. Do you actually think they would have hired Americans for better pay? Why do you continue to play games in here? Are you here illegally yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration