Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:40 PM

394 posts, read 1,009,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by synopsis View Post
being Anti-illegal Is Not An Opinion. It's Against The Law To Be Here Illegally.
Great Point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 08:43 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,546,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Update: Looks like Agriprocessors is getting fined only $42,000. Unbelievable. Their actions were/are completely despicable, whether you look at it as aiding illegals, the unsafe working conditions, near slavery wages or any other angle you look at those crooks. They're getting off extremely easy.

What a country we live in where these sort of actions get a simple slap on the wrist. Even the original $200,000 fine or whatever it is seems a little low. I'd like to see what other kinds of actions are in the $42,000 fine range to see how they compare.
42k in fines for an employer of 600 illegals? WELL THAT SURE SENDS A TOUGH SIGNAL! What a joke. Continues to prove that illegals take the full blame in this country, even though they would not be here if there were no jobs.

I am certain they will just move and hire more illegals. What is the point of a raid, but to waste more precious tax dollars?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:59 PM

394 posts, read 1,009,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Update: Looks like Agriprocessors is getting fined only $42,000. Unbelievable. Their actions were/are completely despicable, whether you look at it as aiding illegals, the unsafe working conditions, near slavery wages or any other angle you look at those crooks. They're getting off extremely easy.

What a country we live in where these sort of actions get a simple slap on the wrist. Even the original $200,000 fine or whatever it is seems a little low. I'd like to see what other kinds of actions are in the $42,000 fine range to see how they compare.
WOW, 42 thousand! i'll bet that taught them a lesson

Old 08-17-2008, 06:05 AM

203 posts, read 547,248 times
You know what i find amusing they where interviewing a Latino woman with her 8 children saying they left Guatemala due to severe hardships. she said the meat packing plant took advantage of her family ha ha ha ha ha to bad. 1982 the average meat packer in the USA was 19.00 per hour plus benefits now its 8 or 9 dollars an hour with no benefits thats !!! why they are here to be cheap labor nothing else. goodness sakes that woman needs some birth control.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:38 AM

707 posts, read 1,296,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Everyone should watch "The Latinos of Postville" video. It speaks a lot to how many small towns in the South (and in Postville's case, the Midwest) need Latin American immigrants to keep towns alive and stimulate the economy. In my experience, Latin American immigrants are hardworking, law-abiding, and possess the same Christian family values that blue-blooded "Americans" claim to possess. However, the last time I checked, "love thy neighbor" was one of those values, and many Americans seem to forget this when they spew hatred toward Latin American immigrants due to that they are "illegal." Thank you for posting that video; it is a side of the story that is all-too-often buried under stories about how a very small percentage of illegal immigrants are up to no good. It's unfortunate that the bad is allowed to overshadow the good that these people bring to our country.

How Dare You !! Christian values brings these people to America to work like slaves in filthy meat packing plants because american companies will not pay decent wages to americans. They will not spend money to improve working conditions to the point where an american will take a job there.

How dare you !! The people come here because it's better than they have back home. Is that the new america slogan "we're better than Mexico or Guatamala" . This disgusts me. We are supposed to be the world leader in human rights and dignity.

You have no values, no principle and no soul. You just want people to do your sh*t jobs for low salaries and then you publish nonsense to alleviate your guilt.

How Dare You!!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
How Dare You !! Christian values brings these people to America to work like slaves in filthy meat packing plants because american companies will not pay decent wages to americans. They will not spend money to improve working conditions to the point where an american will take a job there.

How dare you !! The people come here because it's better than they have back home. Is that the new america slogan "we're better than Mexico or Guatamala" . This disgusts me. We are supposed to be the world leader in human rights and dignity.

You have no values, no principle and no soul. You just want people to do your sh*t jobs for low salaries and then you publish nonsense to alleviate your guilt.

How Dare You!!
If being the world leader in human rights and dignity means we end up with 12++ million illiterate, unskilled illegal immigrants from SOB then we should allow another country to claim this title.
Spare me your self righteous indignation. If these people had any Christian values at all they would obey the law and stay out of our country instead of looting the place. How Christian is it to run up $50,000 in medical bills and walk off leaving someone else to pay it?

Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,698,577 times
Quote:

How Dare You!!
LOL - this is the response you give me? For a while I wasn't even sure that you were responding to my post because your response is so deviant from what I was discussing.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,686,563 times
Quote:

How Dare You!!
May I suggest, if you feel so strongly about humanitarian issues in such places as Mexico and Guatemala, then you need to work w/ your fellow Christians to send help to those countries. You wanna put this on a moral level - then join up w/ churches whose mandate is moral issues.

We are not a big social experiment here in the USA. Our duty here (responsibility of the federal and state government) is to the CITIZENS here.

You wanna do something humanitarian? Take your self-righteous high horse and ride it down to the Mexican burg of your choice, and see how helpful you can be in changing their circumstances.

However, our tax dollars here are to go to citizens. You wanna save the world? Great! Go do it. But it will require you walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Join the Peace Corps or your church's global outreach volunteer program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration