Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 03:28 PM

63,014 posts, read 29,216,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
What is untruth in this post, or you are just in denial because if your political views?

Why foreigners try to avoid going even through the US if they don't have to?

I chose Wall street journal as they are less bias than some other mainstream media sources: https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-WB-2733

https://wikitravel.org/en/Avoiding_a..._United_States

Mexican nationals not included in Visa free access?

https://visaguide.world/visa-free-co...xico-passport/

Hong Kong excluded from Visa waiver program despite inclusion of Taiwan? Interesting due to US's one china policy

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...r-program.html

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...inues-evade-hk

That its very difficult to import a car since 1988?

https://www.gtrusablog.com/2011/03/t...kyline-is.html

Look at how long the approved list of countries allowed to enter the EU area visa free including quite a number US requires a visa for entry?

https://www.guideconsultants.com/whi...schengen-area/

But why politicians both federal and state tend to turn a blind eye if not even embracing illegal immigration?

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12...ented-workers/
Though its a conflict of interest as most families immigrants/settlers were never agreed peace with the indigenous people already here which is an approval of their legal presence. Who started to tear down their tribes, killing, and stealing whatever they can.
https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story...s/28388585007/ Cant deny this history and its not just the unincorporated new world either. Same thing happened in different countries or Kingdoms in the world including Africa, Asia, and the Pacific.
There was no illegal immigration back then as there were no immigration laws and everyone had the right to migrate here back then. No one was native to this country/continent back then either. Any killings, etc. way back then (on both sides) does not justify violating our modern day immigration laws.

As for the rest, I'm staying on topic as this is strictly the illegal immigration forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2022, 02:05 AM

3,351 posts, read 2,319,483 times
I am just telling you why both parties are guilty of facilitating and harboring illegal immigration and reluctance to enforce the laws. Partly due to a guilty conscience both to history as well as most every family name has illegal immigrants. Interesting article about fugitive slaves https://uncpressblog.com/2013/01/23/...l-war-and-now/
https://twitter.com/ariannahuff/stat...39760706359296

I would be curious how US approaches this compared to countries in the EU and other developed countries.

I only mentioned the importation of cars thing as if hypothetically what would happen if immigration is approached the same way cars are imported into the US especially since 1988.

Old 09-27-2022, 05:42 AM

Quote:
I am just telling you why both parties are guilty of facilitating and harboring illegal immigration and reluctance to enforce the laws. Partly due to a guilty conscience both to history as well as most every family name has illegal immigrants. Interesting article about fugitive slaves https://uncpressblog.com/2013/01/23/...l-war-and-now/
https://twitter.com/ariannahuff/stat...39760706359296

I would be curious how US approaches this compared to countries in the EU and other developed countries.

I only mentioned the importation of cars thing as if hypothetically what would happen if immigration is approached the same way cars are imported into the US especially since 1988.
There is no justification for allowing illegal aliens into our country or asylum seekers without first verifying their cases. I don't care if it's for votes, cheap labor, misplaced compassion or some dumb guilt over a long ago past that one wasn't even a part of.

Your twitter link is a joke. How dare anyone tell an American born person (not an anchor baby) that they are illegally in our country. No need to even post such garbage.

Old 09-27-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no justification for allowing illegal aliens into our country or asylum seekers without first verifying their cases. I don't care if it's for votes, cheap labor, misplaced compassion or some dumb guilt over a long ago past that one wasn't even a part of.

Your twitter link is a joke. How dare anyone tell an American born person (not an anchor baby) that they are illegally in our country. No need to even post such garbage.

Anchor babies are protected by the US constitution. Which sparks controversy as thats whats been encouraging those to use anchor babies to stay in US. But I guess US and North American history and resulting conscience makes it hard to put the axe down on it to make sure at least one parent have permanent residency for birthright citizenship to occur. But I know Britain and Ireland eventually did. So I guess its not impossible just a matter of will and when.

Interesting Asylum seekers are a unique situation as they would not be considered illegal immigrants since they got actual permission to enter or proceed past the checkpoint. This applies to both Mexico and the US. Its interesting as Mexico used to have strict immigration laws on paper and did crack down on Central American sneaks for many years but are now allowing masses to seek asylum in the country. Though the "strict" immigration laws were always selected enforced though in practice and they turned a blind eye for those coming from the north for many years and abusing the tourist status. But are now tightening it while making it easy for Central Americans to enter to seek asylum its interesting how things changed in recent years.

The reason I posted at all as I ask what would happen if US take Immigration as seriously as car imports(at least since Mercedes Benz a European company lobbied for it in 1988). Thus not many foreign car brands are legal and you almost would never see a car less than 25 years old on US roads who did not meet the strict "immigration" requirements or not sold in an official dealership. I.e Nissan Skylines or Toyota Hilux. In other words there are almost no "illegally immigrated" cars on the roads nor harbored by owners in the US and even "legal immigration" of cars aside from car manufactures that met onus requirements are extremely rare. Its even more difficult to bring a car even if it passed federal muster and customers to one of the blue California Air resource compliment states for registration purposes. Maybe I create another post.

But I bet you would be all in favor for such legislation in the US. I just posted for the discrepancy of how things work in the US, not to take sides. Just as with how come US lacks exit checks and mandatory residency registration which many other countries use to keep track of foreigners staying in their country and thus enforce their immigration restrictions.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 09-27-2022 at 01:27 PM..

Old 09-27-2022, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Anchor babies are protected by the US constitution. Which sparks controversy as thats whats been encouraging those to use anchor babies to stay in US. But I guess US and North American history and resulting conscience makes it hard to put the axe down on it to make sure at least one parent have permanent residency for birthright citizenship to occur. But I know Britain and Ireland eventually did. So I guess its not impossible just a matter of will and when.

Interesting Asylum seekers are a unique situation as they would not be considered illegal immigrants since they got actual permission to enter or proceed past the checkpoint. This applies to both Mexico and the US. Its interesting as Mexico used to have strict immigration laws on paper and did crack down on Central American sneaks for many years but are now allowing masses to seek asylum in the country. Though the "strict" immigration laws were always selected enforced though in practice and they turned a blind eye for those coming from the north for many years and abusing the tourist status. But are now tightening it while making it easy for Central Americans to enter to seek asylum its interesting how things changed in recent years.

The reason I posted at all as I ask what would happen if US take Immigration as seriously as car imports(at least since Mercedes Benz a European company lobbied for it in 1988). Thus not many foreign car brands are legal and you almost would never see a car less than 25 years old on US roads who did not meet the strict "immigration" requirements or not sold in an official dealership. I.e Nissan Skylines or Toyota Hilux. In other words there are almost no "illegally immigrated" cars on the roads nor harbored by owners in the US and even "legal immigration" of cars aside from car manufactures that met onus requirements are extremely rare. Its even more difficult to bring a car even if it passed federal muster and customers to one of the blue California Air resource compliment states for registration purposes. Maybe I create another post.

But I bet you would be all in favor for such legislation in the US. I just posted for the discrepancy of how things work in the US, not to take sides. Just as with how come US lacks exit checks and mandatory residency registration which many other countries use to keep track of foreigners staying in their country and thus enforce their immigration restrictions.
Anchor babies are not really citizens according to the wording in the birthright citizenship clause it's merely been by PC policy that has deemed them so but this has been debated over and over in here so let's not go there again, ok?

Who's suggesting that we end "legal" immigration? Your analogy makes no sense! We are also aware of the powers that be who are ignoring and encouraging illegal immigration and those of us for the rule of law are seeking to change that especially since it's reached critical mass. Our asylum policies need to change to.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:18 AM

Never said we need to end legal immigration. Just out of curisity what if US treated Immigration as seriously like they do with importation of cars since 1988? There is still "legal immigration" of cars in the US just only when major manufactures i.e Mercedes, BMW, and the US government all approve. Thats why our selections are limited to ones that compete with what the big three sells in the US and we cannot personally import a model we like from Europe. In the same sense There can still be legal immigration of people but only if sponsored by major schools or corporations not privately.

Though Its all about brand protectionism not safety as European and Japanese safety standards are often superior to the ones in the US, i.e you cannot sell cars with mixed brake and turn signals in the EU and pedestrian protection standards are higher over there/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration