Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2022, 04:50 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

EXCLUSIVE: A broad coalition of hawkish immigration groups and former Trump administration officials are sounding the alarm about a Democratic push to get an amnesty for illegal immigrants passed in the final days of the current Congress -- and telling Republican leaders to "take all actions necessary" to block it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/imm...yrTbW5Q9laIwOI

The Democrats are desperate and this amnesty will never pass. Much ado about nothing.

Also from the article...."The signatories cited polling that they said shows over 60% of midterm voters wanted Congress to focus on securing the border and enforcing immigration law, while less than 10% believe a pathway to citizenship should be at the top of the agenda".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 01:11 AM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
I hope any attempts to pass amnesty will be blocked. The democrats still have time to do a lot of damage

Old 12-05-2022, 03:59 AM

25,781 posts, read 12,849,279 times
I wouldn't trust Republicans to do anything to stop Dems from doing nearly anything Dems want. Pubs cave nearly every time...they are either wimps, or they are getting paid off by the Dems. I think its payola.

That is why Trump got elected, and why all of DC is trying to imprison him...he fought back, & fought hard...Dems won't tolerate that.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I wouldn't trust Republicans to do anything to stop Dems from doing nearly anything Dems want. Pubs cave nearly every time...they are either wimps, or they are getting paid off by the Dems. I think its payola.

That is why Trump got elected, and why all of DC is trying to imprison him...he fought back, & fought hard...Dems won't tolerate that.
I disagree. Why haven't the Democrats been able to pass another amnesty for years then? It's because many Republicans wouldn't back them on it.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:35 AM

4,428 posts, read 5,158,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Why haven't the Democrats been able to pass another amnesty for years then? It's because many Republicans wouldn't back them on it.
I just wonder why Republicans think it’s enough of a self preservation move, if at all.

The mere number of anchor children being added by illegals is enough to guarantee their demise within a generation.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I just wonder why Republicans think it’s enough of a self preservation move, if at all.

The mere number of anchor children being added by illegals is enough to guarantee their demise within a generation.
Yes, that is going to be a problem for the Republicans when these anchors are old enough to vote. The Republicans in congress need to push the SC to review birthright citizenship as it was written at the time and end this farce once and for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration