Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:09 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,703,968 times

Advertisements

With the influx of, how LA Times puts it, "latino immigrants" (aka illegal aliens) in South Los Angeles, the city says it has a tremendous problem with people in "high hispanic" areas who keep farm animals (chickens, goats, roosters, pigs, etc.) in their back yard. As the Latino immigrants have become the majority in South LA (20 years ago, they were the minority to African Americans), the influx of farm animals has caused numerous problems. The paper interviewed many of these illegals and most reacted as if it was natural because "thats how it was in Mexico." Chicken and pig farms in inner city communities? WTF is this, its just sad.

South L.A. backyards are becoming barnyards - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 10:28 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,713,495 times
Interesting and disgusting, ocexpo.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why would anyone claim to come here for a "better life" and then want to continue and promote the "third world way of life" they so wanted to leave behind?

Could it be the Illegals only want the same scumbag lifestyle but paid for by the U.S. Taxpayers?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:30 PM

346 posts, read 709,553 times
If LA continues like this I fear what it may look like in 10-20 years. LA is such a beautiful city I wouldn't want to see it become a giant urban trashland.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:34 PM

31 posts, read 122,910 times
Unfortunately South Cali is already past the red line, it seems like there is no way back. Every time I go there, I get reminded of some sort of 3rd world country that you see on TV.

Standard of living down the drain.

I hope these illegals go to DC and start their lives there. Work illegally there, trash streets, trash neighborhoods, and raise farm animals in their front porches so that the government will understand what the rest of the nation is witnessing.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 PM

335 posts, read 1,029,188 times
lol! I live in Central Cali and have yet to be woken up to farm animals! However I wish this was the case in Texas when I lived there for 4 years! And guess what folks it wasn't Mexicans, it was your good ol run of the mill good ol boy and his 10 kids, 4 dogs, chicken coop, and wife that never shut the hell up!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
It takes a while to assimilate, Puerto Ricans did the same thing in Florida when I grew up there, now you don't see it as much. Give Mexicans some time they'll learn.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:15 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It takes a while to assimilate, Puerto Ricans did the same thing in Florida when I grew up there, now you don't see it as much. Give Mexicans some time they'll learn.
Absolutely, if they are here legally.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:41 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,755,369 times
No more Bloods, Crips, Florencia 13 and 18th street.

Now you gotta watch out for the Roosters chasing you from school!

Always having lived in Latino communities, the one I live in now doesn't have any kinds of farm animals that I can see(more middle class), but I got to admit the sound of a rooster crowing in the early morning when you hear the traffic start picking up on the freeways is pretty nostalgic for me.

Its a lot more prevalent in East LA and parts of The Valley where the old mexicans who have lived in there homes for generations and generations kept pigeons or roosters.

Anyways, its understandable to be completely annoyed by hearing farm animals(especially if your the type that wakes up at noon or so), but at least for me the sounds a lot more comforting than gun shots at 3-5 in the morning.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:40 AM

5 posts, read 4,636 times
Can't expect much more, given how out of control the entire immigration system is. What's next, mule driven carts on the freeways?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKnan View Post
Unfortunately South Cali is already past the red line, it seems like there is no way back. Every time I go there, I get reminded of some sort of 3rd world country that you see on TV.

Standard of living down the drain.

I hope these illegals go to DC and start their lives there. Work illegally there, trash streets, trash neighborhoods, and raise farm animals in their front porches so that the government will understand what the rest of the nation is witnessing.
Being a Wash DC native-------how dare you suggest such an idea?

It may actually improve that pig sty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration