Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 03:45 PM

62,886 posts, read 29,114,800 times

Advertisements

Several blue-city mayors who seemed to have no problem with the flood of migrants crossing our southern border have recently discovered they come with a cost — and those mayors aren’t happy about it. But these initial costs are chump change compared to the cost the new arrivals will impose on taxpayers as they settle in and wait to go through the legal process. One of the biggest costs? Public education.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...lic-education/

That doesn't even take into consideration all the other associated costs of illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2023, 05:17 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,331,771 times
^^^ This is true. I have several public schools near my home, and I pass by them several times a week whilst walking my dog, and the only thing I can think of aside from what it is costing the tax payers is how glad I am that I do not have children or grandchildren in those awful public schools. Just stand outside of one for a while and see what goes in and comes out. It will curl your hair.

Old 01-31-2023, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinneyWalker View Post
^^^ This is true. I have several public schools near my home, and I pass by them several times a week whilst walking my dog, and the only thing I can think of aside from what it is costing the tax payers is how glad I am that I do not have children or grandchildren in those awful public schools. Just stand outside of one for a while and see what goes in and comes out. It will curl your hair.
There is a school nearby that I have to pass by to get to my destination many times. All I see is a sea of Latino looking kids. Rarely a non-Hispanic white or Black kid to be seen. It really wakes you up to this invasion and the costs to our education system. I'm sure some of them are kids of Hispanic citizens but I'd be willing to bet that many of them are not and have been brought here illegally or are anchor babies which is a by product of illegal immigration.

Old 01-31-2023, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is a school nearby that I have to pass by to get to my destination many times. All I see is a sea of Latino looking kids. Rarely a non-Hispanic white or Black kid to be seen. It really wakes you up to this invasion and the costs to our education system. I'm sure some of them are kids of Hispanic citizens but I'd be willing to bet that many of them are not and have been brought here illegally or are anchor babies which is a by product of illegal immigration.
Precisely, old bean. What is more the pity is the crime that goes withn them. The schools are not safe for good students, teachers, or administrators. A high school diploma from one of these schools is not worth the paper it is printed on, yet we keep pouring our tax dollars into these schools. They are just prep schools for prisons if you ask me.

Old 01-31-2023, 06:01 PM

50,252 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's been like this for 30 years in San Diego. Forced de-segregation by busing in from S Bay. Almost 100% Latino with parents that can't speak English. The schools struggle to deal with this and most teachers in the area are not Spanish speakers. Instruction moves at a snail's pace. S Cal is getting smashed with illegal aliens flooding in. They don't even bother to worry about getting deported anymore, because they aren't getting deported.

Old 01-31-2023, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's been like this for 30 years in San Diego. Forced de-segregation by busing in from S Bay. Almost 100% Latino with parents that can't speak English. The schools struggle to deal with this and most teachers in the area are not Spanish speakers. Instruction moves at a snail's pace. S Cal is getting smashed with illegal aliens flooding in. They don't even bother to worry about getting deported anymore, because they aren't getting deported.
You are correct. I began talking seriously about this by the late 1970s. There was already a serious enough problem then. Twenty years later, it had grown exponentially. My heart goes out to parents who cannot afford to take their children out of these public schools and put them into good private schools. Is it any wonder the teaching profession is losing teachers and not attracting many new recruits? The best brains do not choose teaching in our public schools as a serious, worthwhile career move, and they are correct.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:06 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,932,559 times
Now the white man knows how the Native Americans felt during the colonial years.

Old 01-31-2023, 08:12 PM

2,408 posts, read 1,525,991 times
For those that choose not to read the article in the link.

The cost to US taxpayers to educate illegal minors:
Quote:
$7.6 billion in new public education costs for just one year’s worth of undocumented children.

Old 01-31-2023, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
For those that choose not to read the article in the link.

The cost to US taxpayers to educate illegal minors:
It makes one's stomach turn.... This country is out of control....

Old 02-01-2023, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Now the white man knows how the Native Americans felt during the colonial years.
Oh please! I get sick of the past being brought up that has nothing to do with today and certainly not our education system compared to hundreds of years ago when we weren't even a nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration