Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 05:55 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

A Democratic congressman made a comparison on Friday between the balloon being flown over the U.S. by the Chinese communist regime, and the move by the Department of Homeland Security to fly blimps over over the Arizona border to monitor smuggling and trafficking along the southern border.

"People are outraged by a Chinese surveillance balloon, but when @DHSgov puts up a surveillance blimp in Arizona border communities without community consultation," Rep. Raul Grijalva, D-Ariz., tweeted, followed by a silenced emoji and a "sssh" emoji.

He later edited the tweet to clarify that people are "rightfully" outraged.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...-mexico-border

Is he kidding? Well he is Hispanic so go figure. Can't build a wall, can't use surveillance for impeding the flow of his ethnic group coming here illegally including smugglers and traffickers I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2023, 03:16 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,158,006 times
Of course he’s going to say stuff like this. Great way to solicit more campaign funding. Ford foundation, where are you?

Old 02-04-2023, 04:29 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Of course he’s going to say stuff like this. Great way to solicit more campaign funding. Ford foundation, where are you?
It's a rare Hispanic politician who doesn't complain about every effort to secure our border without insinuating that it's racist.

Old 02-04-2023, 06:51 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,421,537 times
That thing flew right over my house here in Charlotte nc.Why did they not shoot it down BEFORE it was able to fly that far? something smells fishy

Old 02-04-2023, 07:47 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
That thing flew right over my house here in Charlotte nc.Why did they not shoot it down BEFORE it was able to fly that far? something smells fishy
Supposedly it was jammed up, unable to collect data, yet could still be steered. Im not buying any of it.
To op point, the border blimp probably aint doin much good, but leave it to a pol to make outrageous claims, bark loud.

Old 02-04-2023, 09:31 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,158,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's a rare Hispanic politician who doesn't complain about every effort to secure our border without insinuating that it's racist.
What an abused talking point. Their watering down the meaning and impact of actual racism.

I guess xenophobic isn’t catchy enough. Almost magical sounding, lol

Btw. The Chinese using a balloon to spy on us? Really? In the 1950’s maybe. Do you smell set up?

Old 02-07-2023, 05:52 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,421,537 times
I think both china and our government lie

Old 02-07-2023, 08:36 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
I have a friend who is convinced that Biden knew the Chinese spy balloon was coming to spy on us. Since Biden is compromised when it comes to the Chicoms, they are allowed to do such things to us, according to my friend.

Back to the topic at hand---Grijalva is a traitor and has no business being in congress. Not only that, he doesn't know the difference between a spy balloon and a drone on the border. The US has a right to keep an eye on what's happening on the border. The Chinese have no right to send a spy balloon over the US.

Old 02-08-2023, 11:34 PM

808 posts, read 542,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post

If you can't figure that out, I'm not going to be the one to disillusion you.
It's pretty clear there is no way that balloon made it all across North American without permission and support of both the Biden administration and the top officials of the Republican party

Take a look at Sen Mitch McConnell's wife and her family in some search engines.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:17 AM

1,941 posts, read 827,453 times
From the CBP union

"Aerostats have been one of the most successful tools deployed on the border. It allows us to see what’s crossing into the US illegally, guide us to the location, and apprehend both people and contraband, including fentanyl," the union said in a statement. "The loss of these tools will be a blow to border security, making the American people less safe. This move defies logic and is directly contrary to Biden’s comments last night during the State of the Union which proves he does nothing but peddle rhetoric."

Some warned that it could artificially reduce "gotaway" numbers as agents won’t be able to even spot illegal immigrants evading them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration