Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 03:55 PM

62,892 posts, read 29,119,973 times

Advertisements

Legal experts called it a rare victory for undocumented immigrants. “It is very hard to win a settlement from the U.S. government and agents in immigration enforcement cases,” said Stephen Yale-Loehr, a law professor specializing in immigration at Cornell Law School. “The outcome is particularly important because federal agents were held accountable for overreaching and racial profiling.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/la...8mE?li=BBnb7Kz

Why are they being called plain ole Latino workers? They were illegal aliens. No such thing as an undocumented immigrant either. Racial profiling my arse! So now they are being rewarded for working and residing in our country and were caught? The whole lot of them should have been deported as our laws state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 04:31 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,639 posts, read 16,123,288 times
Not hard to win a settlement when FJB and puppeteers want to send a message.

Old 02-28-2023, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not hard to win a settlement when FJB and puppeteers want to send a message.
Yeah, much more important to hold ICE officials accountable for doing their jobs than these illegal aliens for violating our immigration and labor laws and then reward them for it on top of it! It's a backwards world we live in today.

Old 02-28-2023, 11:26 PM

4,416 posts, read 5,149,807 times
It was a settlement. They didn’t win a court case. Biden and company obviously green lighted this. Not surprised at all.

No border, no need for permission to work legally. Their making a mockery of it, the same as their making a mockery of what constitutes basic human gender identity.

Hope conservatives enjoy all that cheap labor to increase profits. Imo the left is impotent in this regard without corporate/business power and money influence.

Old 03-01-2023, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
It was a settlement. They didn’t win a court case. Biden and company obviously green lighted this. Not surprised at all.

No border, no need for permission to work legally. Their making a mockery of it, the same as their making a mockery of what constitutes basic human gender identity.

Hope conservatives enjoy all that cheap labor to increase profits. Imo the left is impotent in this regard without corporate/business power and money influence.
It's not just conservatives that want cheap labor. I'm tired of those claims. It's not just corporations that hire illegals either. It's a violation of our immigration and labor laws across the board.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not just conservatives that want cheap labor. I'm tired of those claims. It's not just corporations that hire illegals either. It's a violation of our immigration and labor laws across the board.
Segments of American business and middle to upper middle class Americans rely on them with a wink. So yes it’s conservatives and liberals within those groups.

I do believe liberals have more reasons to support illegal immigration, but it’s America’s elite/business class that are facilitating this nightmare for profit. Their the ones who are funding this, or it wouldn’t be happening anywhere near the scale that exists.

The question becomes; of the business elite class that are hustling this process, what portion are liberal vs conservative. My bet is on conservative. Sure there are rich liberals who are contributing, but not on the same scale.

I’m not talking about rank and file conservatives either. Besides some small business owners who own a restaurant or home improvement business etc.

My point. No way in hell lefty progressives are doing this on their own. This is beyond culture wars..

Old 03-01-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Segments of American business and middle to upper middle class Americans rely on them with a wink. So yes it’s conservatives and liberals within those groups.

I do believe liberals have more reasons to support illegal immigration, but it’s America’s elite/business class that are facilitating this nightmare for profit. Their the ones who are funding this, or it wouldn’t be happening anywhere near the scale that exists.

The question becomes; of the business elite class that are hustling this process, what portion are liberal vs conservative. My bet is on conservative. Sure there are rich liberals who are contributing, but not on the same scale.

I’m not talking about rank and file conservatives either. Besides some small business owners who own a restaurant or home improvement business etc.

My point. No way in hell lefty progressives are doing this on their own. This is beyond culture wars..
Of course both sides are guilty of using illegal labor to increase their profits but you'd be surprised at the number of mom and pop businesses that use them to. However, it is the Democrats that are faciliating this by promises of amnesty, taxpayer perks, refusing to finish the wall, won't sign an e-verify law etc. It's not just cheap labor they are interested in but building a future voting block to. They are also placating their ethnocentric Hispanic-American voter who wants this to continue because of their tribal mentality.

Old 03-01-2023, 04:18 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
In KS, yes, they dominate the workers in roofing here, so much so that it can take months to have one's roof done by American citizens. They even "hawk" the neighborhoods (the guy hiring these illegals) looking for customers.

Here, they bust restaurants, not the chain ones either. Mostly though, it is the meat and dog food industry. They used to raid them, but another bus load arrived the next Monday with the open border.

They have those parking lots where they gather and can be picked up by anyone to do day labor under-the-table.

They have NO RIGHT TO WORK in the US, so commit fraud when they take the job, so both employer and illegal alien employee should have the law hit them hard - illegal goes "home" with his wife and anchor babies, and the employer goes to jail!

The employers, liberal and conservative, big business and mom & pop, all depend on us to provide the medical care and total support of their anchor babies, to pay for those that end up in jail and prison, to pay higher auto insurance rates due to the accidents caused by illegal aliens.....................

Old 03-01-2023, 05:48 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,707,417 times
Quote:

It wasn’t a conservative that told illegal immigrants to flood our borders. Nor are conservatives the politicians creating sanctuary cities and refusing to work with ICE. No matter how much gaslighting you do everyone knows who is behind our open borders, and it isn’t conservatives.

Old 03-01-2023, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Of course both sides are guilty of using illegal labor to increase their profits but you'd be surprised at the number of mom and pop businesses that use them to. However, it is the Democrats that are faciliating this by promises of amnesty, taxpayer perks, refusing to finish the wall, won't sign an e-verify law etc. It's not just cheap labor they are interested in but building a future voting block to. They are also placating their ethnocentric Hispanic-American voter who wants this to continue because of their tribal mentality.
Yes the Democratic are guilty of protecting the magnets that draw illegals here. The largest magnet of all is jobs, and that’s only partially democrats and imo they make up a minority of the group in control of this.

Although the Democrats do influence the racism narrative, which is effective on the legal front. Makes it very difficult to hold employers accountable. Though the legal defense and civil rights organizations are partially funded by foundations with a lot of elite conservative money.

Your right in the sense of culpability of the illegals themselves. Their pawns though, and tbh, just sending the word out like Trump did is a very effective deterrent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration