Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 06:40 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I’m just saying that nothing will stop people coming into our country illegally
It can be reduced to controllable numbers though by policy, securing our border better, electing politicians who respect our immigration laws and who will make sure that they are enforced at the border and in the internal of our country. Are Biden and the Democrats doing that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 06:46 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Bottom line: A low fertility rate encourages immigrants, no matter what country we're discussing.
Huh? So you are saying illegal aliens (they aren't immigrants) are coming here because they feel sorry for us for supposedly having a low fertility rate and they are glad to come here and pump out at half dozen kids at the taxpayer's expense to help us out? Geez, just when you think you have heard it all.

Old 05-07-2023, 09:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
When I was a kid, I got punished when I didn't tell the truth.

I love it when Majorie Taylor Green called him a liar. High Five to her. I had to listen to it a few times because she spoke for me and she had the guts to say it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdqCGhD72vc

Something, something pot, something kettle.

The reality is the border is as "closed" and "secure" as it's ever been.

Old 05-07-2023, 10:50 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Yeah, you are right.

it’s hard to stop them coming in when I have to paroled them in, per Executive Order, instead of removing them out of the country per immigration law under United States Codes
I have some honest questions for you:

1) If you apprehend an alien, with no visa or other documents, walking out in the desert, say, what can you do with them? Or what should you be able to do, in your opinion? A lot of people would say “put them on a bus to Mexico “, but you don’t know for a fact they came from Mexico, and the Mexican agents at the border crossing might not let them in if they’re not Mexican citizens.

2) what about people asking for asylum? Our laws allow for people to apply for asylum, so they are not breaking the law, but obviously most of them don’t really have grounds for asylum. I approve of the “wait in Mexico “ policy, but I read that was ending.

Old 05-07-2023, 10:52 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Bottom line: A low fertility rate encourages immigrants, no matter what country we're discussing.
I think welfare programs is what encourages them. They get to claim refugee status and get signed up for welfare programs along with a monthly cash allowance.

Old 05-07-2023, 11:01 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have some honest questions for you:

1) If you apprehend an alien, with no visa or other documents, walking out in the desert, say, what can you do with them? Or what should you be able to do, in your opinion? A lot of people would say “put them on a bus to Mexico “, but you don’t know for a fact they came from Mexico, and the Mexican agents at the border crossing might not let them in if they’re not Mexican citizens.

2) what about people asking for asylum? Our laws allow for people to apply for asylum, so they are not breaking the law, but obviously most of them don’t really have grounds for asylum. I approve of the “wait in Mexico “ policy, but I read that was ending.
1) parole them in

2) send their case to an asylum officer. They are most likely to get paroled

Old 05-07-2023, 11:05 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I think welfare programs is what encourages them. They get to claim refugee status and get signed up for welfare programs along with a monthly cash allowance.
a wide open border....no punishment for getting caught....a legal system that is decades behind

....and a flat out free for all

have a kid here and stay forever...send money home....go back and forth any time you want

..and send for the rest of the family and any one else you want

Old 05-07-2023, 11:54 AM

5,935 posts, read 2,760,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So he's backing up what the WH said...illegal immigration is down 90%

See....those 6.5 million refugees are not illegals.

See..when government talks I preface in my head..."Once upon a time...." before they speak.
Technically those 6.5 million illegals aka "refugees" aren't refugees either.

For example: A Guatemalan fleeing their country, by entering Mexico, before entering the US doesn't qualify as a "refugee". Mexico would be their refuge.

Old 05-07-2023, 12:22 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

The reality is the border is as "closed" and "secure" as it's ever been.
Under the last Administration it was the most secure that it had been in 35 years.
It is not as secure now.

Old 05-07-2023, 12:41 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
I put this in the lap of Congress. They can make the rules, how many and how to do it. T

heir neglect has left it up to each and every administration to do pretty much what they please.

The coyotes are in charge of immigration to the USA from the Rio Grand south. They make the rules on who can come in and who can't. And the money is better than smuggling drugs.

I heard that Biden wants more money to put more people working in those countries where they are coming from, so they will apply and stay there instead of coming here and waiting. IMO, it's too late.

We need twice as many judges to hear these cases on asylum.

Numbers USA said 100K a year, but that was years ago. I think they gave up, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration